PDA

View Full Version : [ROM] [JB] CyanogenMod 10

Pages : [1] 2

GoCliffGo05
09-29-2012, 07:04 PM
dragonzkiller presents:
CyanogenMod 10.0.0-RC0 For the Droid X2
An Android 4.1.2 Jellybean Experience
http://i.imgur.com/E1lOV.png http://i.imgur.com/0YBTP.png http://i.imgur.com/YLDMh.png
http://i.imgur.com/HVbD4.png http://i.imgur.com/RyK9S.png http://i.imgur.com/0h4W9.png

Features:

Pop-up Text Message Notifications
Lockscreen Customization
Status Bar/Pulldown Customization
Homescreen/Drawer Customization
Themes
Profiles
Hard Button Key Remapping
Quiet Hours
And ALL the Jellybean Featues: Google Now, Smarter Keyboard, Notifications Overhaul, and much much more!
Working:

WiFi
Bluetooth (see known issues)
3G
Calling
GPS
Google Now
Audio System! (This was the biggest thing keeping me from releasing CM10.)
Camera..... ish (See known issues)
Maps (You won't end up in a lake in Norway on your trip to the movie theater)
New to Alpha 3:

Not much: that's about it. Few added features that were added from October until January, but not much has really changed.
Wifi: Should be fixed from A2.9
Minor CM Enhancements.
Known Issues:

Recovery: Recovery has been fixed since Alpha 2, but flashing ROMs doesn't work. Restoring nandroids will work fine however.
Bluesleep/Deep Sleep: at it's current state, Alpha 2 doesn't have the bluesleep fix in it. This is because when it is enabled the proximity sensor doesn't turn the screen back on when it's supposed to also causing the phone call to kill audio. This problem can also occur by toggling bluetooth ("fixing the bluesleep"). The only known work around is to press the home button and swipe your finger across the sensor. Thanks to 32BitWhore for the help.
Stability: While not exactly an issue as CM10 is INCREDIBLY more stable than CM9, that doesn't mean that it's 100% yet. As of now, I've only had the broswer crash twice and the notification drawer flicker once. Your milage will vary.
Camera: At it's current state, the camcorder will not work like in CM9. I can't really do much about that for the moment or at all.
Some ICS/JB Apps Will Crash: This is noticeable on Chrome for example. This is because our drivers don't have External OES Textures. Basically that means when the apps want to draw using them (such as with Chrome's tab preview) the app will crash. This is the same problem on CM9/ICS. There is nothing we can do.
Data usage: Just don't ask me. I might get to it again one day. We'll see.
Installation:
This can be installed over CM7/CM9 or BLUR but you MUST wipe data and cache if from CM7/BLUR. (CM9 should work w/o wipe, but it's untested).
READ THE ENTIRE POST
Download the links provided below and put it on the External SD Card
Install the BSR (patched if on an AOSP based ROM, unpatched if on BLUR)
Reboot into the BSR
NANDROID
Install the CM10 zip from the SD Card
Install the GAPPS from the SD Card
MILESTONE X2 USERS ONLY: Install the WiFi patch from the SD Card
Wipe both DATA and CACHE if coming from BLUR or CM7 (no need to wipe Dalvik if you wipe both of these)
Reboot your phone
Enjoy a better phone experience
Instructions for BSR Recovery
-You need to use the hijack-boot.zip from alpha one before you install the cm7 patched BSR in order for it to work. Instructions for that can be found here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=37433321&postcount=1519

Downloads:
Also, if you would like (but not needed) to donate, see the donate button by my name. Gas/food money goes a long way http://media.xda-developers.com/images/smilies/smile.gif
I am not responsible for what you do to your phone. Flash at your own risk.

REQUIRED Google Apps (GAPPS): http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Gapps . Download the latest Jellybean version (for 4.1.x) of them for here and check the MD5 sums from there also.

MUST SBF IF COMING FROM A1.
CyanogenMod 10-20130113-Daytona Alpha 3: http://d-h.st/82g

Milestone X2 WiFi Patch (for all versions of 10): http://d-h.st/Pdy

Changelog:
Alpha 3:
New CM10 Features added since October

Alpha 2.999999999999:
Update to 4.1.2
Fix rebooting problem with SD Card apps
Fixed internal/external swapping
Performance updates via libc enhancements
Some others, it's been a while
CyanogenMod 10-20121028-Daytona Alpha 2.99999999: http://d-h.st/QcA

Alpha 2:
Fix SD Card apps
Fixed camera app
Added Advanced Settings (only HWA working)
New WIFI Module (DX2 only)
mediaserver (apparently) fixed
CyanogenMod 10-20121007-Daytona Alpha 2: http://d-h.st/9J6

Alpha 1:
First Public Release
Download: CyanogenMod 10-20120928-Daytona Alpha1: http://d-h.st/7y5

** DXF is not responsible for what you do with your device **

Edit:
17 March 2014 by sd_shadow - fixed gapps link
07 Feb 2015 by sd_shadow - fixed gapps link again

GoCliffGo05
09-29-2012, 07:05 PM
A couple of notes.
- You must be on 2.3.4 to flash the Rom
- If you are already on Alpha 1 you must SBF to stock 2.3.4 before you flash Alpha 2 (Nandroiding back to CM9 or any ICS ROM first then updating to A2 has been confirmed to work... There can always be complications when doing it this way though, so be careful.)

BHuber09
09-29-2012, 07:11 PM
Wow.. I never thought his would have happened. You X2 users are luckyyyy. JB is the smoothest thing ever.

I'd be all over this if I had an X2.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

GoCliffGo05
09-29-2012, 07:12 PM
Wow.. I never thought his would have happened. You X2 users are luckyyyy. JB is the smoothest thing ever.

I'd be all over this if I had an X2.

^Truth! he claims it is even more stable than our ICS release (aside from the unavoidable issues.) So excited, everyone with an X2 should flash this at least once without question.

DirtyDroid
09-29-2012, 07:47 PM
stuck.. get your jelly bean on x2 users

tap'd from the Gnex

BHuber09
09-29-2012, 07:59 PM
^Truth! he claims it is even more stable than our ICS release (aside from the unavoidable issues.) So excited, everyone with an X2 should flash this at least once without question.

Flash it once and they will be good!! No reason to flash again besides updates hahah

Nemo aeternamn
09-29-2012, 08:18 PM
This is awesome.. the x2 is still alive! Looks like u need to put this on my friends phone!

Cellar Door

"Who are you people and where is my horse?"

jwalz
09-29-2012, 09:38 PM
Who is gonna port to the X haha ... this is sweet cliff hope you enjoy it bro

tap'n 2.4

Nemo aeternamn
09-29-2012, 10:05 PM
just pulled up on my computer... wow... now that's a pattern for your lock screen!!!haha

GoCliffGo05
09-29-2012, 10:05 PM
Lol thanks. My computer decided it didn't want to let me SBF with RSD Lite until about the 5th go around. So i'm just now getting around to installing BSR to throw this bad boy on there. :excited:

GoCliffGo05
09-29-2012, 10:07 PM
just pulled up on my computer... wow... now that's a pattern for your lock screen!!!haha

lmao, i know right? Dude must not want anyone on his phone... ever.

Nemo aeternamn
09-29-2012, 10:13 PM
lmao, i know right? Dude must not want anyone on his phone... ever.

haha... i know... with me... i'd never remember that/get that right...

GoCliffGo05
09-29-2012, 10:31 PM
Up and running. This is amazing!

newmanx4
09-30-2012, 09:18 AM
Sweet. Hopefully this will be ported over to the X.

Sent from my Black Iced X

Goose306
09-30-2012, 10:06 AM
AOSP JB works better on the GS3 than AOSP ICS ever did... I'm not surprised its the same for the X2. Its just a matter of getting it booting and optimized. :)

maybish
09-30-2012, 12:11 PM
How ya liking it cliff?

****May's Pink Galaxy****

GoCliffGo05
09-30-2012, 12:36 PM
It's so far above GB and ICS on our device I can't even explain it. There is a problem installing apps from the play store but DZK had this to say "it's a problem with ext4 and how our kernel doesn't have support for it. i'm working on forking over the appropriate repos to commit the changes to allow for sdcard apps. " So he says that should be fixed any day now. Running it for about 12 straight hours and have had 0 random crashes or reboots!

maybish
09-30-2012, 12:40 PM
Thats awesome! Your phone is renewed!

****May's Pink Galaxy****

GoCliffGo05
09-30-2012, 08:44 PM
Alpha two should be here by the end of the night. Battery charging, BSR and app install errors are confirmed working.

just gotta say, how bout that Dev? Releasing alpha 2 about 24 hours after the initial release? Pretty impressive.

jeems
10-01-2012, 11:05 AM
Crazy! Never thought it would come to fruition.

pup154
10-01-2012, 08:23 PM
Kind of a noob here when it comes to CM. I have been running Eclipse for over a year now and I've gotten pretty good at working with the new releases of it. Well, I want to try this CM10. Number 3 of the OP says "Install the BSR (patched if on an AOSP based ROM, unpatched if on BLUR)". My question is what which BSR do I use and where do I get it?

GoCliffGo05
10-01-2012, 08:33 PM
First off if you are on eclipse then you will need to SBF to 2.3.4. Also if you are on eclipse then you should already have the correct BSR, its the same one you used to flash the ROM you are on now.. Here is a link to it again though http://www.markhm1972.com/MotorolaDroidX2/MOTODX2_Bootstrap_signed.rar

GoCliffGo05
10-01-2012, 09:22 PM
Bump!!

Charge only mode and recovery has now been fixed. See the second post of this thread for a link. Or here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=32270246&postcount=188

BHuber09
10-02-2012, 01:15 AM
X2 users! Where y'all at?!?

GoCliffGo05
10-02-2012, 01:20 AM
I'm on it again now. System recovery is flawless. Plus if you have titanium backup you don't have to worry about not being able to download your old apps. You can just restore them.

Sent from my MB870 using Droid X Forums

Romans
10-02-2012, 03:42 AM
DX2 user here, I installed the ROM according to the directions. I updated from CM7. I keep getting an error when trying to click the android guy to set up the phone. It says "unfortunately, setup wizard has stopped".

EDIT:

I found a way to bypass the wizard, and CM10 seems to be great, however it seems to reboot when I try to access the backup option in the settings app. Also, the play store crashed a few times.

pup154
10-02-2012, 07:28 AM
First off if you are on eclipse then you will need to SBF to 2.3.4. Also if you are on eclipse then you should already have the correct BSR, its the same one you used to flash the ROM you are on now.. Here is a link to it again though http://www.markhm1972.com/MotorolaDroidX2/MOTODX2_Bootstrap_signed.rar

Thanks!

GoCliffGo05
10-02-2012, 12:42 PM
Did you figure it out? I'm not getting any crashes at all. You have to be on 2.3.4 and you have to install the ROM before the gapps or you will get force closes like that. I haven't used the backup option on the phone just titanium backup. Just to note the ROM comes with ROM manager but don't use it. Its just a CM thing but doesn't play nicely with our device. Were you able to get charge mode and CM7 recovery working?

Finesse
10-02-2012, 06:45 PM
Hi, there! I just upgraded from CM7, and I had a few questions:
1- What does this wifi patch actually do, and is it safe to simply install it from my BSR after I've already set up CM10, or will this cause problems? (Do I have to re-flash the rom?)
2- Is Alpha 2 available? I see it mentioned and referenced in the OP, but the download link still says Alpha1.
3- Who is Dragonzkilla, and how can I thank him?

GoCliffGo05
10-02-2012, 07:00 PM
WiFi patch is only for milestone users. If you need it just flash it after gapps along with the ROM. If you are already on the ROM and need it flash it in recovery.

Alpha two is not available yet but the alpha one does not come with charging mode or recovery so you need to install it manually using the instructions in the op or the second post link.

Finesse
10-02-2012, 08:09 PM
Oh, dear. I seem to be trapped in a bootloop of sorts. I didn't attempt to download the charge mode fix yet. I simply removed my phone from the charger when it was in the off state, and it now refuses to go past the:
/\/\
DUAL CORE
T E C H N O L O G Y

screen. I fear I may have bricked my phone. I've removed the battery and pressed buttons in numerous combinations to no avail. Help would be greatly appreciated.

GoCliffGo05
10-02-2012, 09:39 PM
Your phone shouldn't* be in a state that is beyond recovery. :) I need a little bit more info than that though. You said you unplugged your phone and now you get the M. But what ROM were you on before this? What Android version were you on (2.3.4 or 2.3.5?) What were you doing to your phone when you unplugged it? I'll need some insight before I can offer any real solution. Please be as detailed as possible.

After answering those questions go ahead and try something. Pull your battery and leave it out for a couple of minutes and then put it back in. Hold volume down and then hold power. Release power when the screen comes on but continue to hold vol down until "fastboot" appears at the top of your screen. Scroll down 7 times to "android recovery" and press volume up to select it. At the triangle screen press volume up and volume down at the same time to enter stock recovery. Scroll down to wipe data and use power to select it. See if that helps. We'll get you out of this, just need to figure out what's been done wrong.

Finesse
10-03-2012, 01:29 AM
I just updated last night from CM7, and everything went smoothly. I had been having buggy startups, but nothing I couldn't handle.
Something that really scares me is the fact that I was in bootstrap recovery mode right before it ceased to work. I was about to install the Wifi fix from SD card before I read that I really don't need it. I don't BELIEVE that I did anything in recovery mode, except for the fact that I booted into it and left it stationary for about an hour before rebooting. I'm finding it difficult to remember whether or not I actually was able to reboot from that or not. (I left it on the charger whilst attending to other things.) When I removed it from the charger, I got the M. I had been used to long bootups, but I began to suspect something after a few minutes. That's basically all I remember. Is there anything else I should let you know?
SWEET MOTHER OF GOD UPDATE: I had been trying to charge it (in vain) with a USB charger, as the M screen drained its battery. I just plugged it into the wall (which wasn't working before), and am in Bootstrap recovery. I want very much to attempt to reboot, but I'm hesitant. What can I do from here? Nandroid backup?
Edit: grew impatient; restored. I'll just reinstall the rom.

GoCliffGo05
10-03-2012, 01:39 AM
You installed CM10 over top of CM7 and then got into bsr? Had you installed the charge mode fix yet? If not then I don't know how you got in there. If you did install the fix then yea go ahead and nandroid and reboot. You shouldn't have hurt anything.... post back.

Finesse
10-03-2012, 02:21 AM
No, sir. I had not yet installed it. I just completely re-installed the rom, and am currently setting everything back up. I have no idea why this kind of error occurred, but hopefully the charging patch will prevent it from happening again.

GoCliffGo05
10-03-2012, 02:40 AM
OK been looking around. You got the M screen because your ROM was not able to hijack the boot process. The consensus is that you got into CM7 recovery the first time because of some remnants of the old ROM or you just got a weird glitch. Lol moral of the story is don't try and enter BSR again until you install the hijack-boot.zip.
Once that is installed install the cm7 patched BSR again using either root explorer or script manager or something along those lines.

Sent from my X2 using DXF

Romans
10-03-2012, 12:29 PM
I got it to work. CM10 works perfectly, but CM7 recovery doesn't. I got stuck in a bootloop also, but I held down the power and volume down buttons until i got the fastboot menu, then went to the boot thing(cold boot), and it started up.

GoCliffGo05
10-03-2012, 01:45 PM
I've used CM7 recovery multiple times successfully on the ROM. Made backups and flashed some minor tweaks with no problems. Did you install the hijack-boot.zip successfully? The way to check is after you install it, reboot then turn your phone back off and plug into the charger.

Romans
10-03-2012, 10:30 PM
My phone is now stuck on the bootlogo screen, and for the record, I forgot to install the boot-highjack because I thought I already had.

GoCliffGo05
10-03-2012, 10:37 PM
What were you doing that it's now stuck? If you can't get passed the boot logo then I'm sorry but the only thing that can be done is SBF back and reinstall it... Try wiping data in stock recovery first but it sounds like a SBF is in order.

Romans
10-03-2012, 10:43 PM
Yeah I need to SBF, I was hoping it wouldn't be my only option. Thanks anyways, and to anyone reading CM10 works great, it was a user error that messed it up :P. And I was trying to get into the CM7 boot restore thing.

GoCliffGo05
10-03-2012, 10:47 PM
Lol no worries. I've SBF'd twice now because of user error haha so it's no worries. And just an update Dragonzkiller says that he will release Alpha 2 this upcoming weekend almost certainly so this won't be an issue for much longer.

Finesse
10-04-2012, 12:09 AM
I'm absolutely floored to hear that. Just a question: Will I have to completely re-flash the new rom, or will it come in an update-form? (I'm beginning to re-download my essential apps, and I'll hold off on that if I'm just going to have to clear data again.)

GoCliffGo05
10-04-2012, 12:13 AM
That's not 100% clear yet. My guess would be that it should be like most other ROM updates. You just flash the alpha 2 zip then the gapps and wipe cache and dalvik cache and reboot. Nothing would be lost in that scenario, but like i said the Developer hasn't made anything that specific clear yet.

Romans
10-04-2012, 01:43 AM
I'm running a DX2 and the wifi is not working, any ideas?

GoCliffGo05
10-04-2012, 10:32 AM
WiFi works fine for me. Reset your router?

WhoWasPhone
10-05-2012, 09:13 AM
I've been running Alpha 1 since last sunday, here's a few things I've noticed:

The Good (things that I feel I should mention):

Calling works fine (some people seem to have had some issues)
WiFi works perfectly
Quite stable, maybe 3 or 4 full crashes in the past week (for a first release alpha? excellent)
SBF works just fine, if needed
The Bad (bugs and the like):

A few times all data (including 3g) seemed to cease to work, reboot fixed it.
Default video player (for browser streaming) seems unhappy with MP4s and video in general.
Facebook app crashes after a few moments of scrolling
Email (the default app) crashes after opening, scrolling or not
Flash seems spotty where I've encountered it
Browser isn't super stable, quite a few crashes with heavy use
Battery life is (in my experience) much worse than stock, have to coax 14 or 15 hours out of it with minimal use.
Only happened once, but: I had my phone on the AC charger for the entire night, alarm woke me as expected, took the phone off the charger and it was dead half an hour later with absolutely zero use other than idling.
Things I haven't mentioned include those that have claimed to have been fixed in Alpha 2.

GoCliffGo05
10-05-2012, 10:24 AM
Nice write up. The one thing I can mention is that people who have been having the calling issue are people who have flashed the blue sleep fix. I had this issue too but once I SBF'd and flashed the ROM without it I haven't had one problem. Like you said though, most everything you've mentioned as a 'con' should be worked out in A2. :)

Madden
10-06-2012, 03:46 PM
I'm not exactly new to this, but for some reason it doesn't recognize any of my media on my external or internal SD card. I tried moving the files into both of their appropriate locations in both and running the media scanner and still nothing. This is the really only major flaw I've found in it so far.

GoCliffGo05
10-06-2012, 03:50 PM
Your internal card is sdcard0 and your external card is sdcard1... have you compensated for that?

Otherwise this should be resolved in alpha 2... haven't come across anyone with the same problem though.

Have you moved them to the music folder on sdcard0?

Madden
10-06-2012, 03:53 PM
Your internal card is sdcard0 and your external card is sdcard1... have you compensated for that?

No, I hadn't. What would I have to do?

Also, thanks for the quick reply.

GoCliffGo05
10-06-2012, 04:00 PM
You could use root explorer or plug into a computer and just make sure your music files are moved to one of those two locations. Try sdcard0 - music first and see what happens.

Madden
10-06-2012, 04:10 PM
Okay well, I tried that and no dice. The window on the right is my internal and the left is external. I even rebooted after transferring the file.
http://i.imgur.com/s8ARG.png

GoCliffGo05
10-06-2012, 04:15 PM
OK let me try and get ahold of DZK and see what he has to say about it.

Are you using Apollo or something else. What are you using to scan for media?

Madden
10-06-2012, 04:24 PM
I'm using Apollo, and to scan for media I'm just going into Settings>Dev options>Launch Tools>Media Provider then there's an option to scan for media

GoCliffGo05
10-06-2012, 04:27 PM
OK the current theory has to do with the storage locations being changed... I'll post back when we have somewhere to go with it. Be patient for a little while :)

Madden
10-06-2012, 04:36 PM
Sounds good, thanks again :)

GoCliffGo05
10-06-2012, 04:42 PM
Just a interim comment here... I just connected to my pc, put an MP3 on my external card (not in any folders, just right on the card) and as soon as I opened Apollo it was in there... try clearing data for Apollo in settings - apps.

Madden
10-06-2012, 04:51 PM
Tried it, and still nothing. :/

GoCliffGo05
10-06-2012, 05:09 PM
Just another shot in the dark here but try clearing your phones cache in CM7 recovery.

Also trying moving a music file out of the music folder and just put it on the root of your external card.

GoCliffGo05
10-06-2012, 05:14 PM
Also once you put a song file on your external card navigate to it with root explorer or ES File explorer and click on it. It gives me options to play/que/cancel... see if you can play it from there.

Madden
10-06-2012, 08:47 PM
I tried that, but I couldn't play it using Apollo only ES Media Player. I also tried using Winamp thinking maybe it was just Apollo acting up but with no such luck.

GoCliffGo05
10-06-2012, 09:04 PM
Do you have Titanium Backup installed? If so, how do you feel about a SBF and a clean start? DZK is busy and I really don't know what to tell you because I can't find anyone who can recreate your specific issue.

Edit: Just to tell you, you could try and reflash the rom and the gapps wiping only cache and dalvik BUT a lot of people have problems with that and end up having to sbf anyway. If you want to retry flashing first, backup anything you want to keep.

If you SBF and start over, try the music before you do any sort of customizing to your ROM.

Madden
10-06-2012, 09:15 PM
I'll SBF it here in a minute, I haven't really done any customizing to the ROM so far though so I'm not sure if that's the problem. We'll see though, hopefully that's all it is

GoCliffGo05
10-06-2012, 09:26 PM
Maybe something just installed wrong, I don't understand why all of a sudden yours would act up like that. As far as I know there haven't been any other reports of this... Good luck, and definitely post back and let us know.

Madden
10-06-2012, 10:36 PM
So after SBF'ing everything seems to be back to working as it should, however one thing I noticed with this rom is how quickly it drains my battery. It started out with a full charge and after 4 hours of being in stand-by it's already completely drained. I just can't live with that.

So to sum it all up, this is a fantastic rom for just being an alpha build and should be flashed at least once just to experience it. However it still has a few bugs to iron out before it's perfect.

GoCliffGo05
10-06-2012, 10:45 PM
That's good to hear. I don't know what your battery issues are about though. I get about 14 hours of moderate use with it. How old is your battery and how heavily do you use the phone? If you play a lot of music that could be the cause.

Madden
10-06-2012, 10:50 PM
I actually just bought the phone brand new a few days ago, and I didn't overclock it when I began. Although now that I think about it, it wasn't charging when it was plugged into my computer so I'd bet that's what the problem was. Damnit, now I have to re-flash this rom again. :p :facepalm:

GoCliffGo05
10-06-2012, 10:55 PM
Haha been there. Anyway there is no real way to over clock the x2. Most if its sister phones can be (including the X) but not ours. Anyway DZK has been talking about releasing Alpha 2 for like a week now haha... we are all getting a bit impatient. A2 will be even better.

Edit: wait a minute why do you have to redo it? Cuz the battery died? DZK says if your battery dies plug your phone into the wall charger and hold the power button until it comes back on... try that first.

Madden
10-06-2012, 11:01 PM
Hopefully it's released soon, this rom is easily one of the most intriguing one's I've ever used so I can't wait to see it reach it's full potential.

Also again thank you for your time, I've been on other forums where no one ever got back to me. Means a lot :cool:

edit: I have to re-do it because I already SBF'ed over it and it's back on stock right now. It won't be for long though lol

GoCliffGo05
10-06-2012, 11:06 PM
Ok I know I have been teasing Alpha 2 for like a week now. Haha sorry about that, just excited. I want to just post this to keep everyone in the loop with whats going on.

- Last night DZK was having a random sound issue with Alpha 2. Everything was working normally then all of a sudden no sound. He did his thing and even ran a MD5 sumcheck on the working version vs the non working version and they matched... so he had to work around *whatever* was going on.
- He now announced that sound is working normally. He is being pretty tight lipped about features but he did have this to say. 1.) A2 will include a new WIFI Module that connects really fast. 2.) Sound is definitely fixed and 3.) A few little surprises will be in there too....

That's the latest and he keeps saying "very soon" for a an ETA...

Edit: Madden it's been no trouble at all. Glad it's all worked out for you and definitely check in periodically for updates!

dotaloc
10-07-2012, 12:19 AM
I JUST got a DROID X2 today. I'm upgrading from a OG Droid running Project Elite 6.5 that was having trouble running some newer games -- serious make-or-break stuff like Draw Something and SongPop. Anyway, I thought I'd give myself an early birthday present so I got the DX2 off Craigslist.

Recently, I found my wife an upgrade for her LG Ally, a Droid 3. Although I was interested on a ICS/Jelly Bean ROM for her new device, I didn't want to expose her to a potentially buggy experience...she doesn't really have the patience for it.

Then, I got the Droid X2 and was excited to see that JB is a little further along for it, as far as I can tell. Now I just have to decide whether I want to start the flashing process now (maybe tomorrow), or wait until Alpha 2 is released...

This'll, somehow, be my first CM experience, too...so I'm excited.

Mostly thinking aloud...any feedback is appreciated. First DroidXforums post.

GoCliffGo05
10-07-2012, 12:22 AM
If you have some patience I would wait for Alpha 2. There are a couple of bugs on this one now (as stated all over the thread) that are known to be resolved in A2... however if you have some free time and get bored flash away haha.

Do you have any experience SBFing a phone? And are you familiar with how the flashing process is done on the x2?

Madden
10-07-2012, 12:30 AM
Not to stray off topic or anything, but I went ahead and SBF'd again but when the stock rom loads up and attempts to program the phone it keeps pressing 1 and not allowing it do it's thing. I've tried factory reset, cache cleared, and multiple SBF's. I'm really hoping I didn't just turn my X2 into a really expensive paperweight.

Edit: Now it seems to go through, I need to have more patience with things before posting about them..

GoCliffGo05
10-07-2012, 12:34 AM
When you turn the phone on after the sbf it won't program automatically? If not cancel it and dial *228 and choose option one. If that's not what you mean post back I have something else you can try.

Edit: haha OK. For future reference to start the x2 without activation turn your phone off. Hold volume down and power until fastboot appears at the top of your screen. Then use volume down to scroll down to Start Android No BP and press volume up to select it and when it starts up it wont ask you to activate so you can easily root without Google backup getting in your way. Then whenever you are ready just dial *228 option 1.

Madden
10-07-2012, 12:37 AM
It finally went through after about 5min of hearing 1 being pressed and not that horrible music that plays when your phone is being programmed.

Edit: rodded :p

GoCliffGo05
10-07-2012, 12:39 AM
Doesn't sound like an issue a sbf would cause. Oh well, its all worked out. These phones are near impossible to brick.

Madden
10-07-2012, 12:49 AM
Alright well after all that I got this rom back up and running, and again none of my media is showing up. I did nothing different than last time and it worked then, so I'm just going to chalk this one up as a bug.

GoCliffGo05
10-07-2012, 12:52 AM
I sent you a pm on how to get ahold of the developer. Let him know what's going on so he can try to take care of it.

dotaloc
10-07-2012, 12:52 AM
Thanks!

I read the FAQ and glanced at a couple of other links in your signature...so only moderately informed and very inexperienced. I only flashed...never SBF'd...but I'd be willing and am comfortable learning as I go. I've flashed Velocity (LG Ally) and Project Elite (OG Droid)...but not done much else, if that tells you anything. Fooled around on my wife's DROID 3 before I gave it to her, but mostly trying to correct a hardware(?) problem with the camera...luckily, Motorola honored the warranty and replaced it in about a week even though I wasn't the original purchaser.

Think I'll take the plunge and try out what is available...but maybe hold off a few days before backing up my OG Droid to transfer everything over to the DX2 as my primary phone. I can always use A2 if it comes out before I switch...or, upgrade after it arrives, I guess. Really, I only need camera (want)/SMS/Voice/Data...and I think those things are basically working in the current release.

Madden
10-07-2012, 12:53 AM
I sent you a pm on how to get ahold of the developer. Let him know what's going on so he can try to take care of it.

Working on it right now, thanks.

GoCliffGo05
10-07-2012, 12:58 AM
Thanks!

I read the FAQ and glanced at a couple of other links in your signature...so only moderately informed and very inexperienced. I only flashed...never SBF'd...but I'd be willing and am comfortable learning as I go. I've flashed Velocity (LG Ally) and Project Elite (OG Droid)...but not done much else, if that tells you anything. Fooled around on my wife's DROID 3 before I gave it to her, but mostly trying to correct a hardware(?) problem with the camera...luckily, Motorola honored the warranty and replaced it in about a week even though I wasn't the original purchaser.

Think I'll take the plunge and try out what is available...but maybe hold off a few days before backing up my OG Droid to transfer everything over to the DX2 as my primary phone. I can always use A2 if it comes out before I switch...or, upgrade after it arrives, I guess. Really, I only need camera (want)/SMS/Voice/Data...and I think those things are basically working in the current release.

Everything you mentioned works with a few minor issues. SMS and MMS are fine. Voice works, and data works but there is no data monitoring. The camera works but you can't see what you are shooting until you actually take the picture (fixed in A2.)

On your phone go to settings - about phone and tell me what android version you are on? You may not have to SBF.

dotaloc
10-07-2012, 01:15 AM
The camera issue is not a big deal. I try to lug my DSLR around with me anyway...but have been shooting more and more camera shots. Nice to know it'll be resolved in A2, though.

I'm at 2.3.5 -- no SBF necessary, I think? Some link I clicked showed that as the latest, anyway.

Thanks for your prompt responses!

GoCliffGo05
10-07-2012, 01:21 AM
The camera issue is not a big deal. I try to lug my DSLR around with me anyway...but have been shooting more and more camera shots. Nice to know it'll be resolved in A2, though.

I'm at 2.3.5 -- no SBF necessary, I think? Some link I clicked showed that as the latest, anyway.

Thanks for your prompt responses!

2.3.5 is the latest you're correct. However to run CM10 (or Cm9 or CM7) you must be on 2.3.4. You will have to sbf to get there. You can either follow the links in my signature or check the drojd x2 sections for an EZsbf method.

Edit: here is the ezsbf method. http://www.DroidXForums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41697
[TOOL] ezSBF DX2 either way will work fine. Its up to you.

dotaloc
10-07-2012, 01:51 AM
I know it is crazy, but I have a hard time convincing myself to burn a CD these days. I wish I could explain it. And, I misplaced my USB drive recently and haven't been able to find it...so I'm thinking of trying the Linux method on my web development server in the basement. I can always burn the ezSBF CD if I have trouble.

Thanks, again! I'll post any issues I have here.

GoCliffGo05
10-07-2012, 01:54 AM
Lol alright. Linux will work fine. Just to note the links in my signature are for RSD Lite. There is no burning required just a download of the file so there are two methods for ya. Whatever you are comfortable with.

Can you do me a favor though? If you have issues can you start a new thread in X2 support? I'd like to keep this thread as specific to the CM10 ROM as possible. :) thanks.

dotaloc
10-07-2012, 01:55 AM
Oh, no. I just got sleepy. I'm downloading the SBF and CM10 files now...will end up doing this sometime tomorrow (likely, night). Thanks!

Madden
10-07-2012, 12:31 PM
So apparently my phone number got changed to something completely different than mine, as in not even the same area code as mine.

GoCliffGo05
10-07-2012, 12:37 PM
Um... are you a Milestone?

Madden
10-07-2012, 12:41 PM
No, it's just a regular Droid X2. I tried reprogramming but the keyboard doesn't show up so I couldn't, I'm currently SBF'ing just in case because I don't want something to happen.

GoCliffGo05
10-07-2012, 02:14 PM
Update?

Madden
10-07-2012, 02:22 PM
I SBF'd back to stock and it's fine now, no idea what woud've caused it to program the wrong number, I'm going to wait til the A2 build comes out to try this rom again, I've just had far too many issues with it so far.

GoCliffGo05
10-07-2012, 02:25 PM
DZK released info on A2 today. He said he can release it any time but it will require a sbf anyway if you are already on it.

erc
10-07-2012, 03:15 PM
I just flashed the rom for the first time. Is there any known issue with battery reporting? My phone was off charger for about 14 hours (over night and some of the next morning, so almost zero use) and it still said 100%. I rebooted the phone after a little messing around, and then it said 90%.

If I didn't let the screen shut off, surfed the web constantly, and let music play for about an hour straight, and I was still unable to get it down below 80%.

I know I shouldn't be complaining, but I can't help but think that something is wrong with battery reporting. This is my first time with this phone at 2.3.4 (always had 2.3.5 stock before) and I'm wondering if it could have anything to do with the known battery issues with the 2.3.4 kernel, and this particular fix:

[MOD]GingerBread Battery Fix v0.8 - xda-developers
(http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1350336<br /><br />J)
Just a side note, Netflix doesn't work. Is that a known issue with the CM9 / CM10 roms on the X2?

GoCliffGo05
10-07-2012, 03:21 PM
Some people have reported slight battery reporting issues. Nothing major. I would just turn it off and give it a full charge and turn it back on. I typically get about 14 hours on it with moderate use.

About Netflix, yea that is a known issue and as of right now there seems to be no way to fix it. Our phones weren't originally meant for JB.

erc
10-07-2012, 04:15 PM
Some people have reported slight battery reporting issues. Nothing major. I would just turn it off and give it a full charge and turn it back on. I typically get about 14 hours on it with moderate use.

About Netflix, yea that is a known issue and as of right now there seems to be no way to fix it. Our phones weren't originally meant for JB.

Good to know. I figured that was the case with Netflix. This is actually my brother's phone, I've got a DX, so I figured it was a similar issue with Netflix.

DZK released into in A2 today. He said he can release it any time but it will require a sbf anyway if you are already on it.

Just SBF'd and rooted again about an hour ago. Watching twitter closely for a link :)

GoCliffGo05
10-07-2012, 04:21 PM
Lol me too. You never know but hopefully this evening.

paso1969
10-07-2012, 04:33 PM
this sounds interesting but what advantage will it have over Eclipse?

GoCliffGo05
10-07-2012, 04:42 PM
Eclipse is gingerbread based so you will get all of the advantages of the JB OS.

paso1969
10-07-2012, 04:59 PM
well I have never run anything but Eclipse soI may give this a shot when it is ready

dotaloc
10-07-2012, 07:56 PM
SBF -- Success.

Root/Recovery/Backup -- Success.

CM10 A1 Flash -- Success.

All this, thanks to the awesome support and links on these forums! I appreciate the help.

Now, I get to play!

GoCliffGo05
10-07-2012, 08:25 PM
Haha, enjoy!

Edit: DZK just tweeted he is releasing A2! Any minute now.

GoCliffGo05
10-07-2012, 10:40 PM
A2 to go live at Midnight Eastern!!

GoCliffGo05
10-07-2012, 11:22 PM
Alpha 2 is here. Flash away but READ THE POST!! :D Enjoy and props to Dragonzkiller!

If you are already on CM10 Alpha 1 you must SBF to flash Alpha 2

Madden
10-08-2012, 02:11 PM
How is it so far?

GoCliffGo05
10-08-2012, 03:08 PM
Very smooth. Apps issue is fixed, recovery issue is fixed and hardware acceleration works now.

Finesse
10-08-2012, 09:19 PM
Okay. So I have A1. What steps should I take to install Alpha 2 without losing everything?

GoCliffGo05
10-08-2012, 09:31 PM
Use titanium backup to protect all your apps and their data... or if you have a nandroid of an cm9 you can restore that then install A2 on top if it without a wipe... some people have confirmed this.... safest way is to use titanium though and sbf to install fresh.

Finesse
10-08-2012, 09:44 PM
How do I boot into recovery? Do I use Clockworkmod?

GoCliffGo05
10-08-2012, 09:48 PM
No... If you are on Alpha 1 did you install the Hijack-boot.zip to fix recovery mode?

Finesse
10-08-2012, 09:53 PM
I did, but I still don't know how to boot into it. When I was on CM7, I always booted into it by turning it off, plugging it in, and turning it back on. It always just worked that way, so I never bothered to learn an alternative.

GoCliffGo05
10-08-2012, 09:57 PM
Ok then it's no problem... Did you install CM7 patched recovery on A1? If so open CM7 System Recovery from your apps and press install recovery. Once it installs you can plug in and press recovery mode from within the app or do it the way you used to. Both should work fine.

Finesse
10-08-2012, 10:10 PM
I have the old bootstrap recovery. Is that what you were talking about?

GoCliffGo05
10-08-2012, 10:14 PM
What's the old recovery? After you installed the Hijack-boot.zip you should have placed the CM7 recovery.apk (the same one you would use if you were on CM7 and can still be downloaded from the CM7 thread) on your external SD card and then installed it using root explorer or script manager (or something similar.) Once you installed the apk it will show up in your app drawer as "CM7 System Recovery."

Finesse
10-08-2012, 10:49 PM
Well, it said System Recovery...
I'll post after I determine how bricked my phone is. I just decided to abandon the 3 or 4 apps I installed.
I flashed CM10 A2.
Then I flashed the Gapps.
Then I wiped Data.
Then I wiped Cache.
Then I rebooted.
Then I FREAKED OUT BECAUSE I WAS GETTING THE M OF DEATH.
Then I calmed down because the nifty little CyanogenMod wheel started turning.
Then I started to worry because the wheel was taking forever.
Then I cried tears of joy because it was welcoming me and prompting me to choose a language.
Then my older brother came in and changed the language to Romanian.
Then, after ten minutes, I finally found the setting to change it back to English.
Thank you kindly for your time, and I will be enjoying the new functionality of the camera. I must report, however, that upon startup, the camera experiences a great deal of delay. (Almost as much lag as my laptop trying to play Deus Ex on full graphics.)
Once again, thank you for being so very helpful.

GoCliffGo05
10-08-2012, 10:53 PM
Lol no problem... the camera is still a work in progress... and not much we can do about it at the moment... just something to note though some people say after they install some apps and reboot the app is gone. If you experience this redownload the app and go to settings-apps click on the problem app and move it to phone. Enjoy :)

dotaloc
10-09-2012, 12:42 AM
For the record, I SBF'd (from CM10 A1 -- on phone less than 24 hours), then tried to nandroid restore (had issues -- didn't try very long because my backup was of, basically, walking through the initial 'add account' process and deleting a few app shortuts/widgets). No luck, but I was able to root, install recovery, then flash CM10 A2 with no issues. I think I had to factory restore after flash. No other hiccups.

In a day or two, I'll titanium backup my OG Droid (still my everyday phone) and restore to CM10 A2 -- loving it so far!

Thanks again for the help and update!

GoCliffGo05
10-09-2012, 12:48 AM
Sure thing. Can you elaborate on your nandroid attempt? You were on A1 and tried to nandroid back to what? Stock 2.3.4 rooted? Some are saying nandroids seem to take a little longer to perform on CM10 than normal but I didn't try it personally. I like to start with a fresh SBF on these Alpha builds.

satrnfreak
10-09-2012, 08:57 AM
So i am interested in flashing to CM10 from stock DX2. Can someone in a nutshell steer me in the right direction. Also, if i screw it up, can you reflash unrooted or anything after the root would stay that way... thnx..

Sent from my DROID X2 using Droid X Forums

GoCliffGo05
10-09-2012, 10:34 AM
First thing is to make sure you are on rooted 2.3.4. Go to Settings - About phone and under Android Version make sure it reads 2.3.4. After that checks out make sure you are rooted. Easiest way to root 2.3.4 is Pete's one click method (let me know if you don't have that or can't find it.) Once that checks out I'll walk you through the install.

frogstoo
10-09-2012, 01:15 PM
Having some Alpah 2 issues with things closing down in middle of activity. Mail program (gmail and corporate mail), facebook app....a couple crashes while using browser.... Something I did wrong? Or the result of work in progress? Tips or tricks that I might try?
On a lighter note...my mms is working with Alpha 2. Never had such a hard time getting into recovery after sbf back to 2.3.4.

GoCliffGo05
10-09-2012, 01:26 PM
Having some Alpah 2 issues with things closing down in middle of activity. Mail program (gmail and corporate mail), facebook app....a couple crashes while using browser.... Something I did wrong? Or the result of work in progress? Tips or tricks that I might try?
On a lighter note...my mms is working with Alpha 2. Never had such a hard time getting into recovery after sbf back to 2.3.4.

Gmail and Facebook are known issues. This is a result of trying to run JB without the proper kernel and drivers... not much we can do about it at this point (or ever unless we find a way to unlock the bootloader or someone gets kexec working.) Try using the browser for Facebook and gmail as it tends to work better. Also the stock email app seems to work better.

GoCliffGo05
10-09-2012, 09:54 PM
OP updated with new known issue. For people having call problems read up.

Posted by Dragonzkiller: Bluesleep/Deep Sleep (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1912280#): at it's current state, Alpha 2 doesn't have the bluesleep fix in it. This is because when it is enabled the proximity sensor doesn't turn the screen back on when it's supposed to also causing the phone call to kill audio. This problem can also occur by toggling bluetooth ("fixing the bluesleep"). The only known work around is to press the home button and swipe your finger across the sensor. Thanks to 32BitWhore for the help.

dotaloc
10-10-2012, 01:03 AM
Sure thing. Can you elaborate on your nandroid attempt? You were on A1 and tried to nandroid back to what? Stock 2.3.4 rooted? Some are saying nandroids seem to take a little longer to perform on CM10 than normal but I didn't try it personally. I like to start with a fresh SBF on these Alpha builds.

What you typed seems exactly correct. I was on A1...tried to nandroid restore to 2.3.4 backup (in my post, I wrote that I SBF'd THEN nandroid restored...I honestly don't recall why I would have done that). I don't remember what error I got...I think something like a boot loop where I was unable to access anything but RSD Boot. That is when I decided to SBF instead of worrying too much about it since my nandroid backup was basically of a vanilla 2.3.4 install with my account, rooted, and with System Recovery installed. It could have been operator error. I feel like I was following steps that I read through some link, but I may have missed something.

On another note, I've been on A2 since and love it. Having an issue accessing my gallery pictures from external SD (actually, gallery doesn't show the couple of pictures I've taken which went to internal memory, either). Cleared cache. No luck.

Apollo doesn't see my music, either, and I don't see a way to 'point to' them. I installed Astro FM and verified that I can browse to the files on the external SD...so I know they are there and properly accessible. I didn't check and see if these were 'known' problems. I'll probably try 3rd party apps (normally, I use camera 360 and can find some other music app) and see if they have the same trouble.

GoCliffGo05
10-10-2012, 01:07 AM
You are the second person to report not being able to see media... if you go to settings - developer options - launch tools - media server there is an option to scan the SD card for media... see if that helps. If not then I will report the issue to the dev.

Edit: try third party apps like you said and let me know.

satrnfreak
10-10-2012, 08:39 AM
GoCliff, i rooted 2.3.5, can i flash that to CM10??

Aveman625
10-10-2012, 10:50 AM
So I am using this ROM and the battery life I am getting is terrible and some apps are crashing. Any suggestions?

GoCliffGo05
10-10-2012, 10:50 AM
GoCliff, i rooted 2.3.5, can i flash that to CM10??

Sorry, no. The only ROM that works for us on 2.3.5 is Eclipse. If you want CM10 you'll need to SBF to 2.3.4

GoCliffGo05
10-10-2012, 10:53 AM
So I am using this ROM and the battery life I am getting is terrible and some apps are crashing. Any suggestions?

About how long is your battery lasting? You could try going into settings and turning 'force CPU rendering' on and also in developer options you can change the process limit to a lower number. Some apps will just crash on us because we don't have a true JB kernel or drivers. Which apps are you having trouble with?

GoCliffGo05
10-10-2012, 02:19 PM
For people having issues with Apollo not seeing your music files try something. Go to settings - advanced and select use external storage... see if that clears it up.

dotaloc
10-10-2012, 11:55 PM
Thanks for the tips!

_Settings_

No dice. I ensured that settings > advanced > 'Protect SD card' was not checked. Additionally, I went to settings > developer options > launch tools > media provider and clicked 'scan sd card'. It says 'scanning /storage/sdcard1', but doesn't seem to finish or display any useful information. An option to 'Insert 20 albums' causes a 'Unfortunately, Dev Tools has stopped' notice with an 'OK' button. My external SD card is called sdcard0 (by ASTRO).

_3rd Party Apps_

N7 Media Player: Saw nothing by default. I was able to use a setting to 'filter media folders'...when browsing to filter folders, I was able to see that my sd card/media/music/ folder had 500 songs in it...but specifying to play that folder only still didn't help.

Camera 360: This app (without special settings) allows me to view past photos taken with Camera 360, but not other files. I think this is by design for this app.

Dropbox: I use the 'automatically upload photos' option and it seems to be working whether I shoot with the bult-in Camera app or the Camera 360 app.

Astro File Manager: Shows internal and external SD cards and allows me to browse both. I can also verify that 'Camera' and 'Camera 360' are storing new pictures in the same place (external SD card, sdcard0) that existing pictures are located from last phone. Additionally, from here, I found a music file and clicked 'play with' for both Apollo and N7 -- Apollo didn't work at all, N7 played the file, but still shows 0 files in the library. Can't 'next track' or anything. Filter still set properly to my music folder, but no available content except explicit play through Astro.

_Built-in Apps_

Gallery: Shows photos I've taken with either the camera 360 app or the stock camera app, but no 'older' photos. Locks up (seemingly) when I try to go to 'settings'.

Apollo: Shows no music and shows no way to specify directories.

--

Thanks, again, for helping out with this / looking into this. Let me know if I can assist in any way.

dotaloc
10-10-2012, 11:57 PM
Another thing...I just let my battery drain to absolutely nothing. Then charged it all night...and have been using it moderately today and heavily for an hour and it still has full battery. Awesome!

GoCliffGo05
10-11-2012, 12:09 AM
Another thing...I just let my battery drain to absolutely nothing. Then charged it all night...and have been using it moderately today and heavily for an hour and it still has full battery. Awesome!

That is a glitch.... reboot because it is not at 100% for sure. This is the same battery reporting bug that affected us on 2.3.4 anyway.

Thank you for all the insight. Did you see my last suggestion going to settings - advanced and switching to external? If I missed that, sorry. This one is going to have to be left up to the Dev. Most people are not having this problem but the few that are can't seem to find anything in common as to why... I've let DZK know and the best we can do at the moment is assume its a bug. If I hear anything back from him I'll pass it along.

You could always PM him too with your problem and all the things you have tried to do. Maybe him hearing it from multiple people will convince him to look into it further.

sewerurchin
10-11-2012, 09:00 PM
Hi. I've just recently updated my DX2 from Verizon's 2.3.4 to CM10 A2. One of the problems that I have been experiencing is that the phone does not always start charging when I plug it into a charging block. I haven't been able to find a pattern to it. Also, it seems that the battery drains much faster than it did with 2.3.4. I tried to pin down the cause using BetterBatteryStats but couldn't find it. I know that battery life has been an issue for some. In any case, I found an article that mentioned that it might be necessary to go into the BSR menu and obliterate the battery stats. So I have two questions:
- Is this a good idea?
- dragonzkillers upgrade instructions say that you should use the unpatched BSR when upgrading from Blur. But I get the impression that I will need to upgrade the BSR again to be able to access functions like 'obliterate battery stats'. Is this true and if so, how do I go about it without messing up my current setup?

TIA from a relative noob

GoCliffGo05
10-11-2012, 09:10 PM
Ok about your charging issue, that shouldn't be a CM10 issue... I personally havn't experience this and I can say that I have had no one else say they have this problem either... Are you using the stock cable that came with your phone and did you ever experience this issue on any other ROM/ stock setup?

The "poor" battery life is because we are trying to run JB on a device that isn't meant for it. We do not have the correct kernel or drivers for it to run at optimal efficiency. There is nothing that can be done about it at this point. And I think you are referring to "wipe battery stats" in BSR which will also do nothing for us. To sum it up, battery life is just something we are going to have to live with for a while (if it ever gets fixed.) One thing you can do is download Titanium Backup and freeze all the apps and processes you don't/wont ever use and it will clear a slight amount of battery life up for you.

Lastly yes, since you came from stock 2.3.4 you used the regular BSR. Once CM10 is flashed however you will have to use the CM7 patched BSR. If you have the normal BSR (same one you used to flash CM10) installed then uninstall it. Download the patched BSR from here MOTODX2_Bootstrap-CM7-signed.apk (http://www.mediafire.com/?pzz4413k6wggcao) and then place it on your external card and install from there.

sewerurchin
10-11-2012, 09:41 PM
Thanks for the quick reply. I've sort of seen most of what you said in various places, but it very helpful to see it all explained so well in one place (and by someone that I know knows what he is talking about). As far as the charging problem goes, I don't think it started until soon after I flashed CM10. I believe you when you say that it isn't CM10 related, so it mostly likely the timing is just a coincidence. I swtched to a different cable that was plugged into a different charger port and it worked fine - for a while. Now it is sitting here charging with the original cable. I've tried the cables in my wife's tablet and they work fine. IDK, maybe the micro-USB socket in my phone is starting to have problems :-( Thanks again.

GoCliffGo05
10-11-2012, 09:50 PM
It's no problem! :) You'd be surprised how much cables make a difference for our phones. Always try and use the one that came with it for anything important. Anyway, you could always try to check and see if the charging issue is somehow related to the ROM (unlikely but you never know.) You could make a nandroid and then restore a nandroid of stock 2.3.4 (if you made one) and check to see if you have the same issue and then just restore the backup you made of CM10. That seems like a lot of work though, so as long as you can successfully charge your device I wouldn't worry about it. One thing to note however is if the port is starting to come loose/go bad then you could have a problem in the future trying to SBF or transfer files if it gets worse.

dotaloc
10-12-2012, 09:20 AM
That is a glitch.... reboot because it is not at 100% for sure. This is the same battery reporting bug that affected us on 2.3.4 anyway.

Thank you for all the insight. Did you see my last suggestion going to settings - advanced and switching to external? If I missed that, sorry. This one is going to have to be left up to the Dev. Most people are not having this problem but the few that are can't seem to find anything in common as to why... I've let DZK know and the best we can do at the moment is assume its a bug. If I hear anything back from him I'll pass it along.

You could always PM him too with your problem and all the things you have tried to do. Maybe him hearing it from multiple people will convince him to look into it further.

That glitch got me. I was so excited...then my alarm didn't go off due to complete discharge, apparently. Honestly, it seems to have drained faster when displaying full charge than normally, when accurately reporting charge level. Oh well, things happen.

I did try the 'advanced > external' thing, too. I'd hate to complain to the dev (since so much awesome work has already been done), but I guess it won't hurt to inform him. I'm happy to help troubleshoot in any way possible. I haven't tried a different sd card...maybe I'll give that a go.

Oh, streaming music (Google Music) seems to work with no trouble...this isn't particularly surprising, but I thought I'd mention it.

Thanks!

sewerurchin
10-14-2012, 08:49 PM
I don't know if this will be useful to anyone, but I thought I would toss in my experience with the battery reporting 'glitch' with the hope that it might help lead to a solution. My typical routine is to make sure that I charge my phone to 100% percent before I go to bed, start Tunein Radio on a 1 hour timer and go to sleep. Normally when I would wake up, my battery would be down to about 90%. This was very consistent. After I flashed to CM10, I would wake up to find the battery gauge at 50%. I know that CM10 uses up the battery more quickly than stock, but that seemed to be a bit excessive.

The other day I came home and my battery was at 40%. I plugged it in for about 20 minutes and then tried to restore an app with Titanium Pro (which promptly froze up). I finally hit the power button and did a restart. WHen it was back up, it showed my battery as being at 100% charge. This was obviously wrong, so this time I shut it down completely, then powered it back up. Once it was up, it then correctly (I hope) showed the battery to be a 40%. I know that this doesn't really mean anything, since I wasn;t able to test it a number of times in different ways to establish a pattern, but it is one more datapoint that might be helpful.

GoCliffGo05
10-14-2012, 08:54 PM
Thanks for the info. I imagine DZK will eventually fix this issue by using battery stats from 2.3.3 like he did on previous versions of CM. As of right now it just isn't that important because a reboot fixes it. He'll iron out a few of the more "major" problems and then get around to this one day.

sadmaker
10-17-2012, 08:15 AM
Guys, I installed this rom and really like it. Here's my issue if someone can help though. Background: I installed CM 10 onto my SBF'ed Droid X2 2.3.4 without any issue. I have no issues until I try to reboot or go into recovery(green screen). I have correctly installed system recovery, as well as busybox and made nandroid backup of stock-rooted 2.3.4.

HERES THE PROBLEM: When I reboot, I've gotten a boot loop at the Motorola boot screen and cannot get out and cannot get into system recovery(with or without a usb cable plugged into the wall). Ive read throughout this thread that some combination(or individual) of the following needs to be installed:

1. MOTODX2_Bootstrap_signed.apk
2. MOTODX2_Bootstrap_CM7_signed.apk
3. hijack-boot.zip

Do I install these in any particular order? Do I install the zip immediately following install of CM10 then GAPPS? Any ideas?

TY in advance guys.

GoCliffGo05
10-17-2012, 10:17 AM
You are installing alpha 2 correct? The hijack-boot.zip is no longer needed as that was for alpha one so don't bother with it anymore. Secondly it sounds like you are installing the regular system recovery. When you install it does it say 'System Recovery' in your apps or 'CM7 System Recovery'? You want to make sure you install the CM7 one. It can be found in the CM7 thread.

Proper steps for install are
1. Start with 2.3.4
2. Root
3. Update SU and BusyBox
4. Install regular System Recovery
5. Flash CM10
6. Flash GApps
7. Wipe data
8. Wipe cache
9. Reboot
10. Install CM7 System Recovery

sadmaker
10-17-2012, 11:15 AM
You are installing alpha 2 correct? The hijack-boot.zip is no longer needed as that was for alpha one so don't bother with it anymore. Secondly it sounds like you are installing the regular system recovery. When you install it does it say 'System Recovery' in your apps or 'CM7 System Recovery'? You want to make sure you install the CM7 one. It can be found in the CM7 thread.

Proper steps for install are
1. Start with 2.3.4
2. Root
3. Update SU and BusyBox
4. Install regular System Recovery
5. Flash CM10
6. Flash GApps
7. Wipe data
8. Wipe cache
9. Reboot
10. Install CM7 System Recovery

You're a lifesaver. I followed your instructions, then tried a boot into recovery, then a straight reboot... no more bootloop. Thanks a million.

ps-sorry for the confusion, the 2nd one shouldve read "2. MOTODX2_Bootstrap_CM7_signed.apk". I hit reply too quickly.

GoCliffGo05
10-17-2012, 11:22 AM
No worries, as long as its working for you. :)

kingmoocow
10-17-2012, 08:42 PM
Just got a NIB DX2 yesterday, shipped with 2.3.5. Saw this A2 was out, and having lots of experience with ICS ROMs on my old DX figured I'd dive in. Followed the instructions and got CM10 loaded without incident, and it's feeling pretty awesome. Figured I'd share a few things I'd observed after 24 hours:
In addition to the apps that don't work right, I'll add Dolphin Browser, it FC's after just a few minutes of use.

I've also had issues with phone calls -- at 2 seperate times during today I've had audio loss - the remote end can hear me, but I can't hear them. This happens consistently until I reboot, doesn't matter if I made or received the call. After the reboot, it's fine again for a while (i guess). I haven't seen this mentioned by anyone on this thread.

The ROM is pretty much 'stock', I've only made one modification to swap the SD Mount points in the vold.fstab file.

Battery life seems like it's good for about 14 hours, as mentioned earlier.

Unfortunately, making reliable phone calls is important to my use of the phone, any other reports of this, or ideas what the issue might be?

Thanks for all the work on this, it's pretty impressive sofar.

GoCliffGo05
10-17-2012, 09:04 PM
The phone call issue is known by the developer and should be fixed in the next update. It has something to do with Bluetooth and deep sleep.

Dolphin browser has been giving some people fits also, so like you said pretty save to.say it is a problem app.

kingmoocow
10-17-2012, 09:11 PM
Ah ok - I saw mention of the Blue Sleep issue, didn't realize this was the same thing since I wasn't using BT. Thanks,

GoCliffGo05
10-18-2012, 07:00 PM
New JB GApps to download.

-All apps updated to 4.1.2 versions.
-Google Play Store updated to 3.9.16.
-Should be backwards-compatible with 4.1.1.
-Does NOT contain the leaked Gmail with pinch-to-zoom. GApps do not include -leaked/test versions of Play Store applications, especially when the signing key differs from the Play Store version(s).

The date of the file is 20121011

This does not fix the FC issues and I haven't noticed anything real new in using them. Just remember if you are already on CM10 you will either have to SBF or restore a nandroid of another 2.3.4 based ROM then reflash CM10 with the new GApps to get them to work. You can not simply flash them on CM10. If you are already on CM10 and are having only a few problems I would just say skip the new GApps until further updates to CM10 but they are out there if anyone wants them.

staida
10-21-2012, 01:17 PM
This is just fantastic work,. Works well, looks AWESOME. Thanks for porting it WITHOUT the nav buttons at the bottom to maximize screen space as we have hardware buttons (making this one of the nicer jellybean installations I've seen. It fixes my CM7 wifi issue (wifi connects flawlessly and in microseconds) and overall I couldn't be happier EXCEPT.......
netflix doesn't work. So I have to sbf and return to cm7 (and huddle and cry in a corner.)

The DX2 is among the more ignored devices by motorola which is actually incredibly powerful and sleek. Here's hoping they unlock the bootloaders as they promised so some of us can simply remove blur and enjoy AOSP without roms (so we can continue to program the phone as usual) or that development can continue on these products with everything working for jelly bean.

GoCliffGo05
10-21-2012, 01:26 PM
Its a very nice ROM. Unfortunately Moto has stated no interest in unlocking the bootloader for us. Seems to me this device is just behind them and not worth their time anymore.

You can add the on-screen buttons with a mod if you want so its always an option. Some people like it more than others. DZK seems to be the only main Dev left. Others are working on ports for things like Paranoid Android on JB but its all built off if DZKs works. Enjoy it. :)

Matt127
10-22-2012, 04:04 PM
Will this rom be ported for the X?? Still keeping the old gal wanting new stuff though...

GoCliffGo05
10-22-2012, 04:16 PM
Someone got it working on the D2 so yes, looks like it will be ported to the X.

dotaloc
10-23-2012, 09:45 PM
Still having my same issues with Media and Pictures giving me some trouble. Can take pictures, though...but gallery doesn't show anything but what the Camera has taken.

Can't access my music (a pain).

I did notice this quote from the front page:
"Note: Internal SD is now /storage/sdcard0 and External SD is now /storage/sdcard1"

I checked and my storage drives are backwards. My External is sdcard0 and my Internal is sdcard1.

Interestingly, Astro lists them as Local Storage 1 (which is sdcard1) and Local Storage 2 (which is sdcard0).

I also never contacted the dev because I feel like my problems are small and don't warrant his time.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

sadmaker
10-25-2012, 08:00 AM
Thanks for the tips!

_Settings_

No dice. I ensured that settings > advanced > 'Protect SD card' was not checked. Additionally, I went to settings > developer options > launch tools > media provider and clicked 'scan sd card'. It says 'scanning /storage/sdcard1', but doesn't seem to finish or display any useful information. An option to 'Insert 20 albums' causes a 'Unfortunately, Dev Tools has stopped' notice with an 'OK' button. My external SD card is called sdcard0 (by ASTRO).

_3rd Party Apps_

N7 Media Player: Saw nothing by default. I was able to use a setting to 'filter media folders'...when browsing to filter folders, I was able to see that my sd card/media/music/ folder had 500 songs in it...but specifying to play that folder only still didn't help.

Camera 360: This app (without special settings) allows me to view past photos taken with Camera 360, but not other files. I think this is by design for this app.

Dropbox: I use the 'automatically upload photos' option and it seems to be working whether I shoot with the bult-in Camera app or the Camera 360 app.

Astro File Manager: Shows internal and external SD cards and allows me to browse both. I can also verify that 'Camera' and 'Camera 360' are storing new pictures in the same place (external SD card, sdcard0) that existing pictures are located from last phone. Additionally, from here, I found a music file and clicked 'play with' for both Apollo and N7 -- Apollo didn't work at all, N7 played the file, but still shows 0 files in the library. Can't 'next track' or anything. Filter still set properly to my music folder, but no available content except explicit play through Astro.

_Built-in Apps_

Gallery: Shows photos I've taken with either the camera 360 app or the stock camera app, but no 'older' photos. Locks up (seemingly) when I try to go to 'settings'.

Apollo: Shows no music and shows no way to specify directories.

--

Thanks, again, for helping out with this / looking into this. Let me know if I can assist in any way.
For the record, I've been using android music player(icon of a music note in the market) every night for hours with no issues.

GoCliffGo05
10-25-2012, 08:19 AM
If you have enough patience you can usually find an alternative to apps that aren't working in the play store.

As for all the media issues DZK is aware and is working the best he can to get things resolved. :)

GoCliffGo05
10-28-2012, 03:06 PM
Update from DZK. Next version of CM10 will require new GApps as it will be 4.1.2. A few performance fixes, SD fix and some other changes will be included.

sewerurchin
10-29-2012, 10:20 AM
Rookie question. I was using my phone this morning when it suddenly vibrated and went dead. When I plug it into an AC charger, the LED blinks and I get the 'M' screen (which is what I am supposed to see, I think?). I let it charge for a couple hours, unplugged it, batttery pull and it won't turn on. I know that 2 hours isn't enough time to fully charge the battery, but it seems like it should be long enough to allow the phone to boot.

Since I have never charged it when it wasn't already booted, I don't know what it is supposed to look like when it is charging pre-boot. I want to make sure that what I am doing really is charging the battery, rather that sitting here looking at it while it is just hung. Basically, I am just confused. TIA for your assistance.

sewerurchin
10-29-2012, 10:21 AM
And I am on CM10 A2 (sorry, forgot that).

GoCliffGo05
10-29-2012, 10:46 AM
If you are only seeing the M then no something is wrong. Did you pull the battery and see if it will turn back on? It wont charge from that screen. You installed A2 on top of 2.3.4 correct and installed the Patched BSR afterwards?

sewerurchin
10-29-2012, 11:35 AM
I pulled the battery and tried to start it while not plugged in - nothing. And yes, 2.3.4 -> A2 + patched boot loader. It had been working fine until this morning. Normally it would still have plenty of charge by morning, but who knows if the battery gauge was accurate. I'm just assuming that the battery is dead, since that was the first thing to come to mind when it shut down.

GoCliffGo05
10-29-2012, 11:42 AM
Hold power and plug it in while still holding... hold it for a while and see if you get in. Normally with the phone off you should see the BSR screen when plugged in, not the M... did you press install recovery after you put CM7 patched BSR on there?

Also see if you can get into stock recovery. With phone off hold volume down and then hold power. When the screen turn on release power but continue holding volume down until "fastboot" appears at the top of your screen. Use volume down to scroll 7 times to Android Recovery. Press volume up to select it. Now at the triangle screen press volume up and volume down at the same.time to enter recovery. The battery should charge from in there.

sewerurchin
10-29-2012, 12:06 PM
Holding down the power button, plugging it in and holding down the button for another 10 seconds or so got me back in. I thought that I installed the CM7 patched BSR, but it sounds like you are saying that I didn't? What should happen if I turn my phone on when plugged in? And many thanks for getting me back in again.

GoCliffGo05
10-29-2012, 12:20 PM
Ok great! What it sounds like is you did install the CM7 recovery but you didnt open it and press "Install Recovery." Go ahead and do that now and and then with your phone plugged in press recovery mode (2nd option.). Once you do that this is what will happen. If your phone is off and you plug it in it will automatically take you to the Bootstrap Recovery screen. The battery will charge from in there but you wont see the normal battery icon. You can however change that if you would like. With your phone on open the app "CM7 System Recovery" and you will see three options. 1. Install Recovery (this is what you forgot to press I think.) 2.) Reboot recovery (with your phone plugged in when you press this it will reboot your phone into recovery.) and 3.) charge mode (this will make it so when your phone is off and you plug it in you will see the battery charging icon again. This will stay like that untill you press recovery mode again and I personally never use charge mode in case something goes wrong and you need to boot into recovery with the phone off, you cant do it if charge mode is selected.)

Also be careful about what the battery is reporting. There is a known bug that gets the battery stuck or makes it jump up to 100% from time to time even when it isn't. A reboot will fix the battery reporting issue.

sewerurchin
10-29-2012, 12:39 PM
Not to contradict you, but you said to press 'Recovery Mode' while my phone is plugged in. But the CM7 System Recovery screen says "Connect your phone to NOTHING! Click Recovery mode button". Which is correct or does it matter?

GoCliffGo05
10-29-2012, 12:48 PM
To enter recovery you must always be plugged into the wall charger... It doesn't matter if you are plugged in when you press "install recovery" but everything else you must be.

sewerurchin
10-29-2012, 01:11 PM
I press 'Install Recovery' (while plugged in) and I get a dialog that says 'Install Success!'. Then I press 'Recovery Mode' (while plugged in) and I get the 'M' screen (forever). I can still get in using the 'hold the power button' technique you mentioned earlier. I believe that the apk that I used to install BSR is MOTODX2_Bootstrap-CM7-signed.apk. I used this one because someone on the forum told me that it was the correct one. Any idea how having my battery go dead relates to not being able to get into the phone directly? Sorry for having to drag you through all of this.

GoCliffGo05
10-29-2012, 01:18 PM
The apk you mentioned is the correct one for CM10... How long have you waited at the "M" screen before turning the phone back on? It sounds like the Recovery isn't installing correctly or something. Charge your battery up to 100% and then press install a few times just to make sure. Never really seen this before with recovery not installing correctly I mean. Not on 2.3.4/CM10 anyway. Post back.

Edit: When it hangs at the M, can you pull the battery, then replace it and then turn the phone on normally without being plugged in?

sewerurchin
10-29-2012, 02:06 PM
I hit 'Install' in CM7 recovery three times. After I hit 'Recovery Mode' (while plugged in), it booted to the M screen where it stayed for 5+ minutes. I then pulled the battery and tried to start it while not plugged in by holding down the power button for 5-10 seconds. First I get the M screen, then I get the CM10 startup screen, then I am in. This is the first time that this has worked since we started this little journey ;-) Choosing the 'Reboot' option on the power button menu work OK, but comes up via the M + CM10 screens. My battery is @ 70 %.

I am just grateful to be able to use my phone again, so the BSR problem does really need to be solved right away unless you think that it is important. Let me know if there is anything that I can do on my end to help you figure this out. Thanks again. Do you guys take donations (money, beer, donut of the month club, etc)?

GoCliffGo05
10-29-2012, 02:30 PM
Hmm.. Well as long as you can get in, its fine. Next thing i would try (whenever you decide to get around to it) would be to uninstall CM7 Recovery completely, Redownload it MOTODX2_Bootstrap-CM7-signed.apk (http://www.mediafire.com/?pzz4413k6wggcao) and then install it again and see if that helps.

If you have root explorer or a similar root browsing app check Data/app and see if com.tenfar.a4.recovery-1.apk is in there and if all the permissions/owners match the rest in that folder. (If you don't know what i just said then dont worry about it lol)

Haha no donations needed. You can always hit the "like" button on my post if you wanna show some love. Otherwise your thanks is enough. :)

dx212592
10-29-2012, 03:37 PM
Any news on beta yet?

Sent from my Dx2 running CM10 Alpha 2

sewerurchin
10-29-2012, 03:54 PM
I uninstalled/re-installed 'CM7 Recovery', but it didn't make a difference. And I did understand your other instructions. I'm only semi-clueless when it comes to Android ;-) Years of SW development have taught me not to mess around with things that I don't fully understand (like Android). The stuff that I have read about CM is a bit confusing (at least to me), since it is kind of spread out across different versions and I don't understand the inner workings of Android. Plus there are various people out there who offer advice that is of questionable quality. Anyway, the apk that you asked about is in Date/app and is system.system 644. I also checked the MD5 sum, which matches that file that I downloaded. Thanks.

GoCliffGo05
10-29-2012, 04:07 PM
Then I don't understand what is really going on... You may have answered this but I want to be thorough. You installed CM10 from a clean 2.3.4 SBF or overtop of something? How did you root 2.3.4?

GoCliffGo05
10-29-2012, 04:10 PM
Any news on beta yet?

He hasn't released specifics as to whether the next release will be A3 or B1.. All we know is that he is about ready to release an update in the upcoming week(s).

His last tweet about the release was "The next cm10 will require the new GApps as it will be 4.1.2, SD card fix, some performance updates and a few other fixes."

sewerurchin
10-29-2012, 04:41 PM
Then I don't understand what is really going on... You may have answered this but I want to be thorough. You installed CM10 from a clean 2.3.4 SBF or overtop of something? How did you root 2.3.4?

Yes, CM10 on top of stock 2.3.4 (Verizon). I rooted the phone quite a while before CM10 came along, so I'm afraid that I don't remember what method I used. Sorry.

GoCliffGo05
10-29-2012, 04:47 PM
Aside from SBFing back to 2.3.4 and doing a factory reset, rooting with Pete's One Click, and then flashing CM10 I am afraid I'm stumped... there is no legitimate reason it shouldn't be working for you.

sewerurchin
10-29-2012, 05:04 PM
Aside from SBFing back to 2.3.4 and doing a factory reset, rooting with Pete's One Click, and then flashing CM10 I am afraid I'm stumped... there is no legitimate reason it shouldn't be working for you.

What am I risking by not installing the CM7 BSR? Would it make more sense to wait and deal with this when I have to install the next version of CM10? Or might I need it to install the next version of CM10?

GoCliffGo05
10-29-2012, 05:14 PM
As of right now you aren't risking anything by not having it... the only problem is that without it you can't create backups of your ROM and you can't restore any backups you already have... if you don't have recovery installed then when the next version comes out you will have to SBF before you can install it... that's not a huge deal to me though because if you use Titanium Backup you can save all your apps and just restore them anyway.

sewerurchin
10-29-2012, 05:22 PM
As of right now you aren't risking anything by not having it... the only problem is that without it you can't create backups of your ROM and you can't restore any backups you already have... if you don't have recovery installed then when the next version comes out you will have to SBF before you can install it... that's not a huge deal to me though because if you use Titanium Backup you can save all your apps and just restore them anyway.

Ok. Since you suggested SBFing to fix this problem anyway, I'll just wait for the next version of CM10 and go through that whole process. Thank you so much for your help and patience.

GoCliffGo05
10-29-2012, 05:23 PM
Its no problem. Enjoy the JB.

GoCliffGo05
11-04-2012, 11:15 PM
DZK's latest tweet: "Sorry guys, been swamped again with homework and school. I want to get A3 out but i can't find a time to get it going."

So it tells us two things:

1.) Next release will be Alpha 3, not Beta 1.
2.) We will have to be patient for a while longer.

:)

GoCliffGo05
11-11-2012, 04:24 PM
Appears that DZKs phone is dieing on him... internal memory is giving out randomly.

Sent via Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

dotaloc
11-11-2012, 11:04 PM
motorola RMA'd mine in a week and i got it off craigslist. maybe he will have similar luck?

GoCliffGo05
11-11-2012, 11:08 PM
There lies the problem. I have no idea if he is under warranty and if he wants to spend the time/money to get it repaired. If he is getting a new phone, would he pick the X2 again with all the new options available??? I doubt it but I can not speak for the guy. This is all up in the air until he says what he is going to do.

Nemo aeternamn
11-11-2012, 11:13 PM
There lies the problem. I have no idea if he is under warranty and if he wants to spend the time/money to get it repaired. If he is getting a new phone, would he pick the X2 again with all the new options available??? I doubt it but I can not speak for the guy. This is all up in the air until he says what he is going to do.

too bad i aint gots a spare x2... maybe i could talk my friend into switching his x2 i helped him get for the x i got... hmm.. it'll be worth a shot for ya guys...

GoCliffGo05
11-11-2012, 11:17 PM
That would be amazing... Then again if everyone who has used his ROM's pitched in even a dollar then he could get himself a new X2 no problem... People should donate to a developer of his caliber anyway when using his stuff for so long.

sewerurchin
11-12-2012, 11:25 AM
That would be amazing... Then again if everyone who has used his ROM's pitched in even a dollar then he could get himself a new X2 no problem... People should donate to a developer of his caliber anyway when using his stuff for so long.

Sounds like a plan. Where do I donate?

GoCliffGo05
11-12-2012, 11:33 AM
Donations can be done here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=32185460
[ROM][ALPHA][JB]CyanogenMod 10 Alpha 2 [UPDATED 10/7/12]

dotaloc
11-12-2012, 11:23 PM
I didn't see anything obvious for donating...so I asked the dev if he would accept paypal donations and will let you know if I hear back from him. Sorry if I missed it at xda-developers.

GoCliffGo05
11-12-2012, 11:26 PM
Yes, he only accepts pay pal donations. You have to be on a PC and right under his name is a donate button in the very first post. Don't use Chrome as sometimes that button doesn't appear. Once you donate, send him a pm and just letting him know you did. He'll get back to you.

GoCliffGo05
11-13-2012, 05:55 PM
For those wondering. According to his latest tweet he will be moving on.

Madden
11-13-2012, 08:17 PM
Moving on as in discontinuing support for this rom?

GoCliffGo05
11-13-2012, 09:22 PM
Hasn't specified. We don't know if his current X2 is in good enough shape to personally test things. if I had to guess I would say that he may get Alpha 3 out, but from there on, who knows.

dotaloc
11-13-2012, 11:25 PM
found the donate button. i was looking for a typical paypal shaped one. my bad.

honestly, mine works wonderfully, now. finally worked out the sd card issue. for me, at least, i just had to delete all the crap (leftover from storing apps and everything on it when i had my og droid) on it...only place the stuff i wanted (backups, media, etc.) back on it, and everything was found properly. must have "looked like" the card was an OS directory or something?

i have lockups every now and then...not too frequently...and can't take videos. otherwise, mine's great!

GoCliffGo05
11-13-2012, 11:32 PM
That's good to hear. It's just if he can get A3 out, there are a lot of talks for AOKP, Paranoid Android and maybe even Liberty being ported over for the X2. Most developers/porters were waiting for A3 but some say they are porting/building now. So look for a few new ROMs out there. I will post here when and if they become available.

Madden
11-15-2012, 08:56 PM
I just flashed A2 today and have no issues whatsoever. It's a million times smoother than eclipse was, and it seems to run faster as well. Couldn't be happier.

GoCliffGo05
11-15-2012, 09:01 PM
Good. :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

dx212592
11-15-2012, 11:46 PM
Well crap.

brassmule
11-17-2012, 08:24 AM
Hasn't specified. We don't know if his current X2 is in good enough shape to personally test things. if I had to guess I would say that he may get Alpha 3 out, but from there on, who knows.

I have been eagerly following this thread here and on XDA. My girlfriend shares a family plan with a coworker and they both have X2s, both of which I am literally dying to upgrade to Jelly Bean if at all possible, after enjoying it on my work phone (motorola Defy) and my personal phone, a Note II. They're stuck on contract for almost another year, and suffering through an antiquated Gingerbread is just not fair at all!

However, they're both non-techies to the core, so the rom would need to be much more stable than it is presently, though certainly it is now very close. I'd seriously be happy to send some cash in the right direction on this if it could mean a new X2 in his hands and the release of an A3 or B1 variant in the near future. Dragonzkiller's work on this is hugely awesome and seriously appreciated.

Please continue to keep us posted and thanks again for all the work on this rom.

GoCliffGo05
11-17-2012, 01:12 PM
:) Just to be clear, I had nothing to do with this ROM. I simply posted it over here. If you want to donate please donate to Dragonzkiller. But I'm with you, hoping this gets at least one more update.

GoCliffGo05
11-17-2012, 11:31 PM
By the way, for those interested. DZK said via twitter that he plans/hopes to release one final update. It is not the 4.1.2 update he was planning to get out because it is a slightly older build but he claims it is better than A2.

Ranger0001
11-20-2012, 08:34 AM
I have the Droid X2 with 2.3.4 . I tried loading the CM10 Rom last night and it didn't completely take. I eventually had to do a factory reset.
I got as far as the Droid home page but with no Icons, the notification bar was there, but I was getting a message "set up can not find something" I should have wrote the exact message down. What am I doing wrong? I'm rooted and I installed the CM10 zip file from the root directory of the SD card. Followed the instructions to a tee.

Any help would be appreciated!

Any idea when the camera and camcorder might be working with the CM10?

GoCliffGo05
11-20-2012, 12:42 PM
Did you flash the GApps after the ROM? Missing apps sounds like that may be the issue. Also the camera should work because it is the ICS camera not the JB one. The camcorder will likely never work because the developers X2 is broken plus we can not flash custom kernels so we are running JB on a GB kernel. If you want a camcorder try Videocam Illusion from the play store.

FuriousPorkchop
11-20-2012, 02:01 PM
Is the battery life very bad for anyone else? In about 6 hours my phone went from fully charged to 20%.

GoCliffGo05
11-20-2012, 02:04 PM
Its not great but 6 hours doesnt seem right. Are you a heavy user?

FuriousPorkchop
11-20-2012, 02:07 PM
Not at all. According to the battery it says 62% went to phone idle and 17% screen, 12% Cell Standby then everything else is less then 5%. Not sure if my battery is going or if I should just sbf and start fresh.

GoCliffGo05
11-20-2012, 02:09 PM
CM10 has battery reporting issues sometimes. It will jump up to 100% out of the blue, so reboot the phone, charge to 100% and keep an eye on it to make sure you are getting a full charge.

sd_shadow
11-20-2012, 06:24 PM
I have the Droid X2 with 2.3.4 . I tried loading the CM10 Rom last night and it didn't completely take. I eventually had to do a factory reset.
I got as far as the Droid home page but with no Icons, the notification bar was there, but I was getting a message "set up can not find something" I should have wrote the exact message down. What am I doing wrong? I'm rooted and I installed the CM10 zip file from the root directory of the SD card. Followed the instructions to a tee.
did you compare md5 check sums (https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1Goawxdx_UBF4Y8lqzHYWf8Ha3yUcRK4faq0UWIlXLW A#id.mf4timjjzas2) it's posted on the download page for a reason MD5 Sum: 357688cee005e557de4f1e1f1b81d721
or watch the video
How to install cm10 alpha 2 jelly bean
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Itpk...e_gdata_player (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItpkXLdaKJQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player)

FuriousPorkchop
11-20-2012, 08:54 PM
After completely charging my phone again battery went to 10% in less then 5 hours. Gonna sbf and try cm10 one more time before I give up on it.

GoCliffGo05
11-20-2012, 09:13 PM
Run your phone on stock a day or two and see if the battery dies quickly. If so its the battery.

codizzle420
11-26-2012, 08:50 PM
Hello,

I have a droid x2 currently running cm7 with cm7 restore and rom manager installed and up to date. I downloaded cm10 and the required apps from this thread. When i try to boot into recovery mode using either cm7 recovery or rom manager recovery it doesn't work, it just boots into cm7. When I go into rom manager and choose "install rom from sdcard" and select the cm10 .zip download from this thread and check "wipe data and cache" and "wipe dalvik cache", hit "ok", it asks me to reboot into clockwork mod recovery to continue installation, I hit OK, and the phone just reboots into cm7. When I go into cm7 recovery and choose reboot into recovery it does the same whether I choose charge mode or regular. Help please?

GoCliffGo05
11-26-2012, 09:04 PM
Hi. You shouldn't be using ROM Manager. It doesn't work on the X2. If you are already on CM7 you should be using the patched CM7 recovery found here: MOTODX2_Bootstrap-CM7-signed.apk (http://www.mediafire.com/?pzz4413k6wggcao) Uninstall ROM Manager and any other recovery you have installed before
installing the correct one.

Edit: just re read your post. Sounds like you may have the correct one installed. However go ahead and uninstall both of them(including ROM manager, and dont use it from now on), and then reinstall the one I linked. After it is installed and you see "CM7 System Recovery" in your apps drawer open it and press install. Then you need to be plugged into a wall charger and then press recovery mode.

codizzle420
11-27-2012, 03:46 AM
This worked prefect. Thank you so much. CM10 looks awesome. Great forum.

codizzle420
11-27-2012, 07:57 PM
Alright so installed cm10 and it looks cool but I have no file manager and the reboot into recovery option doesn't work. I get an error symbol and it hangs there. How can I install a new recovery app if I have no file manager and if I were to find a file manager how would I install it with no recovery that works? And on that note, how would I flash back to another rom if I can't boot into recovery? Thanks for the help. If i am stuck like this I honestly am not that worried about it.

sd_shadow
11-27-2012, 08:04 PM
go to play store, install root browser
make sure you use cm7 system recovery

you can restore a nandroid backup, or sbf

Sent from my XT862 using Droid X Forums

codizzle420
11-28-2012, 02:56 AM
I don't even have a play store.

fezrock
11-28-2012, 03:46 AM
You can access the Play Store online via browser.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

GoCliffGo05
11-28-2012, 07:05 AM
You can access the Play Store online via browser.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

This ^ but if you don't have the play store then you didn't flash GApps... if you didn't flash GApps you may need to restore a nandroid and reinstall CM10 if you aren't able to flash them after you have Recovery installed... there have been reports of problems flashing even GApps in recovery on CM10.

xnicklopezx
11-28-2012, 01:51 PM
The link is bad for cm10 alpha2, anyone got a good dl link?

sd_shadow
11-28-2012, 01:53 PM
The link is bad for cm10 alpha2, anyone got a good dl link?

link working for me

GoCliffGo05
11-28-2012, 02:23 PM
Link good for me too.

xnicklopezx
11-28-2012, 03:54 PM
It's working, guess it was something with my computer, thanks guys! excited to try it out!

Redtip420
11-30-2012, 11:10 PM
HELP. I accidentally downloaded the rom to the internal sd card now phone is freaking out .the rom loads but some things don't work properly ,says that the keyboard is not working also I download the new google apps download that was added today now I'm seeing that I shouldn't of done that. Please help. Will I have to Sbf again?

sd_shadow
11-30-2012, 11:15 PM
accidentally downloaded the rom to the internal sd card that should be fine, more likely it was corrupt, redownload verify md5 checksums

GoCliffGo05
11-30-2012, 11:16 PM
Wait, are you on CM10 now? Did you flash the Gapps right after you flashed the ROM or did you only flash CM10 then boot?

sd_shadow
11-30-2012, 11:16 PM
Will I have to Sbf again? not if you made a nandroid of stock, or other 2.3.4 flashed rom

Redtip420
11-30-2012, 11:37 PM
I nandroid flashed cm 10 a2 then google apps the new the one they say only works on 4.2 but since it said jellybean I dled it. I would reinstall but I can't type to get to bootstrap

GoCliffGo05
11-30-2012, 11:42 PM
Oh so you used these Goo.im Downloads - Downloading gapps-jb-20121130-signed.zip (http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20121130-signed.zip) not these Goo.im Downloads - Downloading gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip (http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip) Hmm. Like shadow said do you have any nandroid of earlier ROMs or stock even?

Here is the patched Bootsrap: MOTODX2_Bootstrap-CM7-signed.apk (http://www.mediafire.com/?pzz4413k6wggcao) once its downloaded on your phone just click on it in your dropdown and you should be able to install.. Make sure you have "unknown" sources checked.

Redtip420
11-30-2012, 11:44 PM
Tomorrow I will just Sbf back 2 2.3.5 but when I went to save the rom and google apps it didn't give option for external sd it went straight to internal sd. Does that matter or is this messing up because I downloaded the wrong google apps. I'm able to get to unknown sources and USB debugging so ill try to sbf tomorrow unless n e one has suggestions

Redtip420
11-30-2012, 11:46 PM
I can't get to that bootstrapp link u gave me because I can't type to get to this website .im on my ipad. But I do have a nan droid how do I get there

sd_shadow
11-30-2012, 11:50 PM
you shouldn't have to type anything just tap on link

GoCliffGo05
11-30-2012, 11:53 PM
You should be able to get it..... Just wanna throw in you said SBF back to 2.3.5... this ROM needs to be flashed on 2.3.4.

Redtip420
11-30-2012, 11:55 PM
Yeah but how would I get there to click on it I can't type in droid x forums to get to the link. Plus I can't download a apk installer because I can't get into the market to download any apps cuz I can't type

sd_shadow
11-30-2012, 11:55 PM
sbf back to 2.3.5?
you did flash cm10 on 2.3.4 right?
you need bootstrap to restore nandroid and it needs to be flashed back on same kernel, it was made on

Redtip420
11-30-2012, 11:57 PM
I meant 2.3.4 I'm on 2.3.4

GoCliffGo05
11-30-2012, 11:57 PM
Yeah but how would I get there to click on it I can't type in droid x forums to get to the link. Plus I can't download a apk installer because I can't get into the market to download any apps cuz I can't type

Do you have Gtalk on your X2? It's the "talk" app... if you already have it set up, or you can get in there i can send you the link so you dont need to type... you just click on it. Or an email address if you can get into your email. Don't post it out here send it to me or Shadow via PM.

Redtip420
12-01-2012, 12:00 AM
No but u could send it to me in a text message

Redtip420
12-01-2012, 12:01 AM
If u send me link how do I install without APk installer

GoCliffGo05
12-01-2012, 12:03 AM
You would click on the link, It would download and leave a notification in your notification bar, you would click it, and it will ask you to install.

Redtip420
12-01-2012, 12:08 AM
Ok I'm waiting on u bud

GoCliffGo05
12-01-2012, 12:11 AM
Message sent at 1:07 eastern...

cjriggs
12-01-2012, 02:12 PM
Tried everything I know on dx2 ROOTED STOCK ROM but would like to flash cm 10:disappointed: help, THANKS

GoCliffGo05
12-01-2012, 02:18 PM
Are you on 2.3.4 or 2.3.5? If you are rooted do you have bootstrap recovery installed?

cjriggs
12-01-2012, 02:38 PM
2.3.5 and cm7 system recovery

GoCliffGo05
12-01-2012, 02:59 PM
Ok well two things wrong with that. To install CM10 you will need to SBF to 2.3.4. And you only use CM7 system recovery once on the ROM, coming from stock you need the regular system recovery installed.

cjriggs
12-01-2012, 06:48 PM
Ok finally got bsr installed and fixing too sbf. Do I need to root as soon as I sbf and can you help get up to the install guide of cm 10 and what exactly does he mean by nandroid in step 5, thanks a lot

GoCliffGo05
12-01-2012, 06:59 PM
I'll help you through install and nandroid... SBF first. There is a guide in my signature along with the place to download the SBF file.

Redtip420
12-03-2012, 07:59 PM
Every time I receive a message it shows who is sending it but it doesn't show the contents of the message is this also one of the many issues with this rom. If so I will definitely be switch. Email doesn't stay open so I can't send emails , browser stays open for 60 secs . No text messages and I cant save anything to my sd card what Ia drag . Are there any stable ifs rooms for droid x2 on 2.3.4 or 2.3.5

GoCliffGo05
12-03-2012, 08:06 PM
The text message issue is not common. I receive messages just fine. Are you using a 3rd party app for texts? If you want all out stability, CM7 for 2.3.4 is the way to go. You said you cant save anything to your external? That's not true, you just cant run apps there.

Redtip420
12-03-2012, 08:11 PM
The stuff I download on my phone where does that go because it doesn't give me the option on where to save it to me then using root browser I can never find it. Yeah text messages on working is cm 7 a ics rom if not what is the best ice cream rom?

GoCliffGo05
12-03-2012, 08:19 PM
Your internal storage is now sdcard0 and external is now sdcard1, so that's how you find things in root explorer. CM7 is a Gingerbread Rom. Our ICS Roms are not stable. If you don't like the browser crashing then I wouldn't go there. However email should work on it but the phones are also prone to random reboot. If you still want to try it then i would suggest CM9, Paranoid Android or AOKP.

Just note that since you are on CM10 you can not directly flash a ROM. You will either need to restore a nandroid back to something or SBF first.