PDA

View Full Version : Why the NY Giants are awesome (and why a die hard Panthers fan is posting this)

fezrock
09-26-2012, 12:57 PM
First, the latter explanation: I lost a friendly wager. Lost it so bad, in fact, that it took me this long to be able to think about it enough to post. Mr jwalz' beloved Giants whipped my beloved Panthers. Even with bad officiating, benefitting both more-or-less equally, it wasn't ever close. Not even close to close. So what happened? The Giants were just too awesome.

Let's begin with their offensive studs, Hakeem Nicks (#1 receiver) and Ahmad Bradshaw (#1 running back). They didn't play. How about preseason rookie sensation RB David Wilson? He's in the doghouse with his butterfingers. So who had the offensive production? Andre Brown, a 3rd year RB out of NC State (ACC baby!) ran all over our defense with seeming impunity. #2 WR Victor Cruz didn't get much production that night due to the usually underrated coverage of Panthers cornerback Chris Gamble. I point this out because 1) QBs know not to throw in his direction, 2) his man would've been Nicks if he had played, and Cruz would've had a monster game, and 3) it allowed the lesser-known WR Ramses Barden to have the monster game that he did. The Giants offensive line played so well to allow the run game to prosper, and gave Eli Manning (yeah, I'll get to him in a moment) plenty of time to find open targets (see: Ramses Barden). Eli is a multiple Super Bowl-winning quarterback. There's a reason for that. He's good! Really good, and he read our defense like a comic book.

Now aren't the Panthers supposed to be an offensive juggernaut, and a nightmare to defensive coordinators? Um... Not last week. At all. The Giants defense exposed every weakness in the Panthers offense. Repeatedly. Led by defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul, a beast that every QB hates to play (and who terrorized our offense all night), the Giants defense as a whole played phenomenally. They covered our receivers and tight ends to near perfection. They shut down our run game. They limited the production, in the air and on the ground, of the young QB Cam Newton. They got into his head early, and tortured him all night. Gawd, it was bad. It was sad. It was painful to listen to, and I'm thankful I wasn't able to actually watch it.

And this was all orchestrated by the great coaching of one Tom Coughlin.

That's it. That's all I can bear to do. I expected a close game, and hopefully a win at home on national TV. What I got was just so disappointing I can't even begin. Congratulations Giants.

macpro88
09-26-2012, 12:59 PM
Lions all the way.

fezrock
09-26-2012, 01:03 PM
Good luck with that. :wink:

jwalz
09-26-2012, 01:10 PM
Roflmfao.. o know that had to hurt fez.. I just wish I could have seen your face as you were typing it ... and since you kept up on your end of the bargain I'll have to keep up on mine ... stay tuned to see a brand new fez avi. Hope ya got a week off buddy so we can see plenty of posts with that lovely new avi you will be sporting .

macpro88
09-26-2012, 01:19 PM
haha, i know... Lions fan always and have always been... i just want them to win ONE super bowl before I die, is that so hard!?!?!?!

Nemo aeternamn
09-26-2012, 01:37 PM
haha... this is going to hysterical... i think j will be able to get something good for ya to support fez :D

jeems
09-26-2012, 04:04 PM
Looking forward to the AVI.

Go Bengals!

jwalz
09-29-2012, 11:03 AM
Looking forward to the AVI.

Go Bengals!

Well Fez's new avi is out peeps... I'd like to give a special thanks to the man that helped editing the pic ..... wait I'll leave that one up in the air to protect the innocent :rolleyes:

tap'n 2.4

GoCliffGo05
09-29-2012, 11:43 AM
Lmao aww.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Droid X Forums

DirtyDroid
09-29-2012, 12:27 PM
Roflmfao ..nicely done J

tap'd from the Gnex

macpro88
09-29-2012, 01:41 PM
wow... that's awesome... nicely done hahah