PDA

View Full Version : can't get a GPS fix

aspect
09-23-2012, 05:57 PM
hello folks,

I can't seem to get a GPS fix. I am rooted and running Liquid ICS. I have tried CM9, MIUI v4, and Liquid GB but have had no luck. I have also tried the "pressure fix." I have used GPS status to reset and download aGPS data.

I have heard that if I flash a sense ROM, get a GPS fix, then immediatly flash Liquid ICS, the fix should transfer over. Can anyone verify that? I couldn't find a sense ROM on the forum. Any links?

Thanks!

cooksta3276
09-23-2012, 06:48 PM
I'm on the same ROM and it takes forever. About 3-4 minutes. Anyway, do you know how to delete the on screen keys? Several apps won run under the current resolution.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

aspect
09-23-2012, 08:09 PM
I'm on the same ROM and it takes forever. About 3-4 minutes. Anyway, do you know how to delete the on screen keys? Several apps won run under the current resolution.

I have left it searching for GPS a while. Up to 15 minutes. About your keyboard problem, I recommend you make a thread specifically to that problem. It doesn't seem related to the GPS problem.

GoCliffGo05
09-23-2012, 08:23 PM
Did the gps work fine on stock?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Droid X Forums

aspect
09-23-2012, 09:12 PM
Yes. I never had a problem with the GPS. I remember it working fine on my first ROMs as well.

GoCliffGo05
09-23-2012, 09:21 PM
Take a look here and see if the zip file helps you. Not the app mentioned in the first post (as it may help too, but I don't know first hand) the zip Goose306 is talking about.

http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-general-discussion/45527-those-frustrated-long-gps-lock-times.html#post554296

aspect
09-23-2012, 09:32 PM
Thanks for the tip. I will post back with the results.

aspect
09-24-2012, 08:20 AM
I installed the GPS fix zip and I am still not able to lock in. :(

I found this patch (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=21445323) at xda but Droid X is not on the compatible list. Does anyone know if I can find a similar patch that is compatible for Droid X?

GoCliffGo05
09-24-2012, 11:06 AM
I can say it works for people on the X2 even though it's not on the confirm list. I would make a backup on your phone and then install it. If it doesn't work, just restore your backup.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Droid X Forums

aspect
09-24-2012, 01:08 PM
I tried the patch. The GPS still didn't lock on so I restored my backup. :/ I want to try to flash a sense (i guess sense is for HTC, so whatever the counterpart for Motorola is) ROM and get a fix, then flash back to Liquid ICS. Can you give me a clue about what ROM i should use?

UPDATE: I flashed a MIUI gingerbread ROM and still couldn't get a GPS fix. Any suggestions?