PDA

View Full Version : Noob Needing Help Flashing

djsn1per
09-21-2012, 09:32 PM
So I am brand new to all this, I want to make sure I get it done right.

So here's what I have so far, I rooted following [How To] Root 4.5.621 with magic md5 (does not require Milestone SBF) (http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-hacks/47718-how-root-4-5-621-magic-md5-does-not-require-milestone-sbf.html)
So now I would like to flash a fast and stable ROM. I was thinking MIUI or CM9 but being new to this I don't want to jump right in. So if anyone could help me out with a little step by step guide of what I need to do or point me in the direction of one, that would be awesome :big smile:

Here's my specs:
System:
Android:
Kernal:

Don't know if any of that helps, but again, I'm super new at this. I have D2B, Rom Manager, Online Nandroid, TiB.

GoCliffGo05
09-21-2012, 10:27 PM
Download whatever ROM you want to flash and put it on your external sd card, along with the Gapps if needed.

Then if I remember correctly open D2 bootstrapper then press install recovery. Then open Rom Manager and select update latest clockwork. Choose the Droid X 2nd init then hit reboot recovery. You should then be able to flash whatever ROM you want by following the instructions given in the Original Post for that ROM. Also don't use the D2 bootstrapper after the original time or it will mess things up for you.

Nemo aeternamn
09-21-2012, 10:55 PM
Download whatever ROM you want to flash and put it on your external sd card, along with the Gapps if needed.

Then if I remember correctly open D2 bootstrapper then press install recovery. Then open Rom Manager and select update latest clockwork. Choose the Droid X 2nd init then hit reboot recovery. You should then be able to flash whatever ROM you want by following the instructions given in the Original Post for that ROM. Also don't use the D2 bootstrapper after the original time or it will mess things up for you.

looks like cliff has things covered here...

djsn1per
09-22-2012, 12:23 PM
It worked! Awesome, thank you so much! Running CM9! :excited:

GoCliffGo05
09-22-2012, 12:26 PM
Glad you got it working.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Droid X Forums

djsn1per
09-22-2012, 01:14 PM
It seems my old apps didn't carry over, is there anyways to recover them from the SD card?

GoCliffGo05
09-22-2012, 01:24 PM
Not unless they were installed to your external card or if you backed them up first. You wiped data when you installed the rom so everything that was on there is gone.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Droid X Forums

djsn1per
09-22-2012, 02:18 PM
Got em, had a Titanium Backup :smile: