PDA

View Full Version : Whats a better phone Samsung Galaxy III or Motorola Razor M?

XxXxX
09-12-2012, 02:58 AM
Its time to upgrade and the Droid X has been great but I want something newer. What is a better phone to upgrade to? Of course want root and the ability to run different roms. Any one hear good or bad about the Samsung Galaxy III or the Motorola Razor M?

droid
09-12-2012, 04:27 AM
The Galaxy S3 better than Droid M.

S3 with 2 GB of RAM with clear display. Droid M with 1 GB of RAM with qHD display.

Goose306
09-12-2012, 05:20 AM

S3 with 2 GB of RAM with clear display. Droid M with 1 GB of RAM with qHD display.

+1 they are not even designed to compete for the same level of consumer. The M will also be a locked down device, although there will be a developer edition, which you will have to pay full retail for. The amount of development on the GSIII is already proven and still growing.

Also keep in mind the Verizon upgrade scheme. If you have unlimited and want to keep it plan to pay full retail for the phone. If you don't and/or don't care about keeping it, the GSIII is available for around ~$100 via Amazon at this time. (On sale) :)

GoCliffGo05
09-12-2012, 10:55 AM
100 bucks, seriously? Haha I payed 50 for the X2 when I got it. Might have to go shopping today.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Droid X Forums

XxXxX
09-12-2012, 03:26 PM
Thanks that some good info, gonna check it out tomorrow.

Its time to upgrade and the Droid X has been great but I want something newer. What is a better phone to upgrade to? Of course want root and the ability to run different roms. Any one hear good or bad about the Samsung Galaxy III or the Motorola Razor M?

+1 they are not even designed to compete for the same level of consumer. The M will also be a locked down device, although there will be a developer edition, which you will have to pay full retail for. The amount of development on the GSIII is already proven and still growing.

Also keep in mind the Verizon upgrade scheme. If you have unlimited and want to keep it plan to pay full retail for the phone. If you don't and/or don't care about keeping it, the GSIII is available for around ~$100 via Amazon at this time. (On sale) :)

jwalz
09-12-2012, 04:12 PM
Moved to off topic

tap'd from my rooted device

XxXxX
09-12-2012, 09:24 PM
anyother suggestions

Goose306
09-12-2012, 09:39 PM
HTC dlx is upcoming and looks enormous. It will be Note size though so you need to be willing to accept 5+ inch screens. AND its not out yet. Or announced officially for that matter.

Tapped from my jelly-beaned d2vzw

DroidXFanatic
09-12-2012, 09:45 PM
HTC dlx is upcoming and looks enormous. It will be Note size though so you need to be willing to accept 5+ inch screens. AND its not out yet. Or announced officially for that matter.

& 1080p if that's the same phone your talking about. Better pack a huge battery if it does support that resolution along with LTE it will definitely need the juice.

Liberty 3V2.0 - Droid X

BHuber09
09-12-2012, 09:45 PM

Is that the name? I've been looking around for it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Goose306
09-12-2012, 09:57 PM
It doesn't have an official name its unannounced. But that is what it is commonly going by now, yes. Droid-Life has some good news on it.

XxXxX
09-12-2012, 10:34 PM
Lol i dont want a ipad for a phone. Galaxy III is looking good.

DroidlynnXDoes
09-13-2012, 11:19 AM
The galaxy s III is a good phone . A lot of my family has it and and my mum is amazed by the photos it takes.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

XxXxX
09-13-2012, 01:51 PM
Yeah I got to play with one yesterday, I like the Galaxy 3. Thanks guys

gcarneal
09-13-2012, 05:04 PM
The galaxy S3 is clearly the best phone of the two ,but if you hold out the galaxy note 2 will blow all the compitition away coming soon with the equinox quad core os,12 mega pix camera ,5.5 inch viewing screen and 1072 hd amoled gorilla glass rocking screen,dual os systems .....the list goes on and on just saying..

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Droid X Forums

Goose306
09-13-2012, 06:45 PM
Yeah but he said he didn't want one that size.

The HTC dlx will likely offer much greater performance than the Note 2 though, just saying if we are talking future phablets.