PDA

View Full Version : GB backup

eppdroid37
09-11-2012, 08:56 PM
Ive been on froyo for a while now after an sbf. I was on GB .605 and wanted to try some ICS roms. Can I do a restore of my. .605 backup, then flash the ICS rom of choice or will I lock it up at the M logo?

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

GoCliffGo05
09-11-2012, 09:09 PM
I know on the X2 it's not a good idea to restore a backup of a different firmware version while on a lower version. I don't know if the same applies to the X or not. If you wanted to be safe you could always Sbf back up to .605 bypass activation then restore your backup so all your apps and such will be back on it. Then you can just reactivate your phone by calling *228 and choosing option 1.

Like I said, i don't know if the same applies for the X, so wait for someone else to respond before you take the long way up. :)

Goose306
09-11-2012, 09:33 PM
Ive been on froyo for a while now after an sbf. I was on GB .605 and wanted to try some ICS roms. Can I do a restore of my. .605 backup, then flash the ICS rom of choice or will I lock it up at the M logo?

By backup I assume CWM backup? If that's the case then no. CWM backups don't keep the kernel and other pertinent info for Gingerbread. You have a few different options. You can flash an AIO in CWM which will take you straight to stock 605. If you want to do that you can look in my sig for the 15p radio link. The 15p AIO is .605 Gingerbread with the best radio firmware you can have. This is the dirtiest method though. If you want to avoid bugs/etc. It would be best to just backup all your apps via Titanium, sync Google servers for contacts, etc. then just do an SBF to .605, wipe data/cache post-SBF and go fresh from there. Depending on if you RSD Lite or not you will have to reactivate (RSD flashes radio, Linux ISO doesn't) then just root, bootstrap, and flash away to ICS.

If you use the .15p AIO I still recommend wiping fresh as flashing from Froyo to GB using CWM isn't perfect. Do all your backups, boot into CWM, wipe EVERYTHING (data, cache, dalvik [under Advanced], system [under Mounts and Storage]) then flash the .15p AIO. It should boot up fine, be patient. Its pre-rooted so no need to worry about the SBF nonsense or root nonsense. You will just need to bootstrap and flash away. Sometimes after flashing the .15p AIO bootstrap acts up (doesn't boot into CWM or similar) just let us know if that's the case. You can typically nuke some stuff in pre-install and re-bootstrap and it usually works. Like I said, its imperfect. Once you get on a custom ROM most all of those issues go away, but when fresh post-flash it can have some buggies. I've done it plenty though, including on my mom's DX, which is still performing fine.

eppdroid37
09-11-2012, 09:38 PM
Yeah. I think I will wait til I get my computer back and just sbf to .605. Not taking any chances....lol... thanks for all the input. It helps to have these forums.

eppdroid37
09-12-2012, 04:36 PM
So I can flash the radio THEN flash a custom rom?

GoCliffGo05
09-12-2012, 05:22 PM
Looks like once you flash the 15 radio/605 AIO you are good to go to flash whatever you like.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Droid X Forums

eppdroid37
09-12-2012, 06:03 PM
Do I use rom manager to flash recovery AFTER D2 bootstrapper

Nemo aeternamn
09-12-2012, 06:06 PM
Yes you can to change to an updated recovery

Cellar Door

"Who are you people and where is my horse?"

eppdroid37
09-12-2012, 07:14 PM
Cool. I'm on liquid ICS now. This rom is sweet.

eppdroid37
09-12-2012, 08:51 PM
Anyone know how to get the keyboard from liquid 3.2 onto liquid ics? Browser is acting funky and YouTube isn't working either.