PDA

View Full Version : 9/11/01

jwalz
09-11-2012, 07:51 AM
it's simply said in two words....

NEVER FORGET

BHuber09
09-11-2012, 08:02 AM
I took this when I was at ground zero over summer. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/09/11/5azy4ute.jpg

I remember this whole day. I was in 2nd grade and we were mid math lesson. They came over the intercom and announced for everyone to watch the news. Later that day they had everyone in the elementary schools middle school and high school meet at the football field, 6,000 people came there that day.
I didn't understand then but now I know how tragic it was.
Never forget.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

maybish
09-11-2012, 08:11 AM
I reported to work that day a new emt and scared for my life. Upset that I couldn't do more angry at what had been done and thankful that I had worked the night before. Let's not forget my ems brothers and sisters that lost their lives that day.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfaZvAsFwzI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

***May's Galaxy***

gbrinn
09-11-2012, 08:18 AM
I was in grad school at my graduate assistant job. I remember checking the news on CNN's cite, as usual, and saw a plane had crashed into the WTC. I just figured it was a Cesna or something - but the page wouldn't load up and then CNN crashed. At that point, they turned on the TV in the lobby...and well, you all know what happened.

Here's to those who ran up.
Here's to those who stormed the plane.
Here's to all who died that day.

DirtyDroid
09-11-2012, 08:41 AM
I was in tenth grade, girl came running in to Spanish class in panic saying that the WTC just got attacked...the room was silenced as the TV went on.....left me speechless angry and sad.....never forget .

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/09/11/pujumene.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/09/11/a5a6ereg.jpg
tap'd from the Gnex

DroidlynnXDoes
09-11-2012, 09:40 AM
I remember the phone ringing while I was getting ready for school and it was Mum calling to tell my brother to wake my dad up and turn on the news. Mum was driving to work, and heard it on the radio. This was before ipods and droids. She always listened to a talk show before work and thought they were joking but they weren't cuz it was on every channel. I wasn't aware of it until I was at school during 2nd period (I was in 7th grade) in Ms. Miller's world history class. That's when there was an announcement about it in the PA system. That's the only thing I remember about this horrible day.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Wizard0f0s
09-11-2012, 10:28 AM
One of the things I remember clearest is the sound outside. Once the airplanes were all grounded. For the first time, I became aware of the constant background noise the jets make ... because it wasn't there anymore. That drove it home for me more than everything else. The eery silence.

It was my 22nd birthday. I was senior in college and getting ready to head to class that morning. The TV was on like it always was. I walked through the living room and saw the first plane hit. I was wondering why they were playing a movie like that so early in the morning. Then the second plane hit and I realized it was real. I couldn't turn away. I watched the coverage all day. Skipped classes and work. Watched the story unfold as another plane hit the Pentagon and the heros that took the plane back in Pennsylvania. So much tragedy that day, and so many heros that stood up for those around them and our country.

Never forget. Never forget the heros, the normal people leading normal lives, that stepped up that day. Never forget the courageous folks who lost their lives trying to save others. Never forget the innocent victims in NYC and the Pentagon who lost their lives and never knew why. Never forget.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

jwalz
09-11-2012, 11:03 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQIWhqjWhpo&feature=youtube_gdata_player
tap'd from my rooted device

GoCliffGo05
09-11-2012, 02:58 PM
I was in 9th grade sitting on my desk in English class waiting for it to begin. An announcement came over the intercoms to turn on the tv in the room and watch the news. We turned it on just in time to see the first tower collapse... It was an unbelievable sight, and I can still remember the exact emotions that were going through my head. Disbelief, shock, sadness and others that are hard to name. I will never forget the people who lost their lives that day and the brave souls who went rushing into the buildings when everyone else was trying to rush out.

droidx2.3.3
09-11-2012, 07:51 PM
Even though I was only 6 yrs old I remember everythingthat day. I was in my kindergarten class and my father came to pick me up. I remember exactly what was in his truck, a chain saw and some papers on the floor. I remember where he was parked. There wasn't a cloud in the sky that day. I remember going to get my sister at pre-k and then meeting my mom at home and watching TV as the first tower fell. My parents started crying and the whole neighborhood was silent. Not a car driving, you could hear a pin drop. I lived on long island at the time so all of the police were heading to the city. Then the second tower went down and reports of a plane hitting the Pentagon. Then the plane going down in rural Pennsylvania. I will never forget the tragic events of that day.

God bless all the families who lost loved ones on that tragic day 11 years ago. Gone but never forgotten

BHuber09
09-11-2012, 08:01 PM
It was my 22nd birthday.

I know this is very sad day. But I still must say something to brighten it up. Happy birthday Wiz.

Wizard0f0s
09-11-2012, 08:23 PM
I know this is very sad day. But I still must say something to brighten it up. Happy birthday Wiz.

Thanks B. I realized earlier that I'd been remembering something incorrectly for years now. I actually turned 23 that day. Obviously the events of that day take precedence every year, even for me, over my birthday

I'm just grateful for my parents and the way they raised me. I don't ever get resentful that everyone relates my birthday with one of the most tragic events in our country's history; rather I'm always reminded of how grateful I am to the men and women that put their lives on the line that day and continue to do so today. All of the emergency workers (police, firefighters, EMS, etc) and the Armed Services. Every birthday I think of them and the unity our country felt in the aftermath. Those are things that make me proud to be an American and proud that 9/11 is my birthday. I will never forget and will always gladly remember that these heros aren't from a comic book or movie, but are people we pass every day.

The attack on our country was tragic, but there are wonderful things that came out of that day that need to be remembered too.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

BHuber09
09-11-2012, 10:27 PM
Thanks B. I realized earlier that I'd been remembering something incorrectly for years now. I actually turned 23 that day. Obviously the events of that day take precedence every year, even for me, over my birthday

I'm just grateful for my parents and the way they raised me. I don't ever get resentful that everyone relates my birthday with one of the most tragic events in our country's history; rather I'm always reminded of how grateful I am to the men and women that put their lives on the line that day and continue to do so today. All of the emergency workers (police, firefighters, EMS, etc) and the Armed Services. Every birthday I think of them and the unity our country felt in the aftermath. Those are things that make me proud to be an American and proud that 9/11 is my birthday. I will never forget and will always gladly remember that these heros aren't from a comic book or movie, but are people we pass every day.

The attack on our country was tragic, but there are wonderful things that came out of that day that need to be remembered too.

That's what I was thinking. You only mentioned it was your birthday. And I very much agree, we don't need to think of the bad, we need to remember how it brought everyone together and unified us as a country.

DroidlynnXDoes
09-11-2012, 11:00 PM
It wasn't just one nationality of people died, but people of every nationality died during 9/11. I used to fear People from the Middle east but I no longer do. I don't judge anyone unless I've known them long enough. My mum and I were talking about it today. She asked me "Droid, do you remember the day 9/11 happened? And I told her what I remembered. She asks me that every year

Wizard0f0s
09-12-2012, 01:46 AM
It wasn't just one nationality of people died, but people of every nationality died during 9/11. I used to fear People from the Middle east but I no longer do. I don't judge anyone unless I've known them long enough. My mum and I were talking about it today. She asked me "Droid, do you remember the day 9/11 happened? And I told her what I remembered. She asks me that every year

Yep, you're right. We focus a lot on the American side, but the towers were the _World_ Trade Center, not the US Trade Center.

There is a great restaurant near where I live that is owned and operated by a family from the Middle East. When 9/11 happened they were shunned by the some of the community here. They had nothing to do with the lunatics that attacked us though. We actually ate lunch there today to show our support and that we are a nation of all nationalities (and did when they reopened after 9/11 too).

Awesome point Droidlynn, thank you :-)

maybish
09-12-2012, 05:14 AM
Picture I got tonight. Was hoping for a better one but the masses were in need of saving.....

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/09/12/suqy9age.jpg

***May's Galaxy***

DroidlynnXDoes
09-12-2012, 08:30 AM
Yep, you're right. We focus a lot on the American side, but the towers were the _World_ Trade Center, not the US Trade Center.

There is a great restaurant near where I live that is owned and operated by a family from the Middle East. When 9/11 happened they were shunned by the some of the community here. They had nothing to do with the lunatics that attacked us though. We actually ate lunch there today to show our support and that we are a nation of all nationalities (and did when they reopened after 9/11 too).

Awesome point Droidlynn, thank you :-)

Many people believe that all Middle Eastern people are evil but its not true because they don't believe in terrorism. Its the terrorists that see us as infidels and think their people are better than all of us. No type of person is ever better than another. I don't believe in prejudice and especially hate it when people commit hate crimes. Those bad guys may have been raised to believe that everyone else was bad.

DroidlynnXDoes
09-12-2012, 08:33 AM
Also many people from all over the world came to our nations aid when we desparatley needed help. It shows that there is more good than evil in the world. I can't even watch documentaries on this day because I won't be able to sleep at night. But we must never forget this day because otherwise history will repeat itself