PDA

View Full Version : bootloader 9.12 Code corrupt low battery cannot program

PattyS
09-06-2012, 08:33 PM
My motorola turned itself off, and when I try to turn it back on, get the message:

Bootloader 9/12

Code corrupt

low battery
cannot program

What do I do to fix this? I've seen references to resetting to factory settings, but that would wipe out all my data. How can I back up my data if I can't turn the phone on?

Thanks,
Patty

(by the way, I'm very non-tech, so I need instructions in basic plain english)

PattyS
09-06-2012, 08:35 PM
sorry, i meant it to be 9.12 (not 9/12)

GoCliffGo05
09-06-2012, 08:49 PM
May i ask what phone you have? I know we are on droid X forums but that bootloader error message seems strange. Also with it saying low battery you will have to find a way to charge your battery before you can do anything because it wont charge when stuck in a bootloader error.

Nemo aeternamn
09-06-2012, 09:18 PM
May i ask what phone you have? I know we are on droid X forums but that bootloader error message seems strange. Also with it saying low battery you will have to find a way to charge your batter before you can do anything because it wont charge when stuck in a bootload error.

I've seen that error message a couple times before... it's just the bootloader version that is the strange one...

Like cliff said... what phone do you have?
And you'll need to get a charged battery before you can fix it... you'll just need to flash the sbf for via rsd and you'll be good to go

Cellar Door

"Who are you people and where is my horse?"

GoCliffGo05
09-06-2012, 09:27 PM
I've seen that error message a couple times before... it's just the bootloader version that is the strange one...

Yea sorry that's what i meant. The code corrupt i get, its the 9.12 that has thrown me off. :)

PattyS
09-06-2012, 10:05 PM
I have a motorola blur. Other than that, I don't have model info as I can't get past the bootloader message to get info (of course all my paperwork info is long gone).

Sorry, I'm an idiot and I don't know what "flash the sbf for via rsd" means. I'm assuming it's resetting factory settings (I've seen this elsewhere), but how can I save my data first? (especially photos)

GoCliffGo05
09-06-2012, 10:24 PM
I'm sorry to say that if your phone will no longer boot anything that isn't on your external removable sd card is going to be lost.

About your phone, it will be hard for us to help you until we can figure out what it is. It's a Motorola ok but we need some sort of model. Can you Google it and post a pic of exactly what it looks like? Also does it say anything on the front or back of your phone besides Motorola? Also do you know what year it is? Might help narrow it down.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Droid X Forums

GoCliffGo05
09-06-2012, 10:38 PM
Motorola Bravo?

Motorola Bravo - Google Search (http://www.google.com/search?um=1&hl=en&safe=off&biw=1366&bih=667&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=Motorola+Bravo&btnG=)

Nemo aeternamn
09-06-2012, 10:51 PM
I have a motorola blur. Other than that, I don't have model info as I can't get past the bootloader message to get info (of course all my paperwork info is long gone).

Sorry, I'm an idiot and I don't know what "flash the sbf for via rsd" means. I'm assuming it's resetting factory settings (I've seen this elsewhere), but how can I save my data first? (especially photos)

I know... I was leaving it generic at first till we figure out your phone then we could give you more accurate info depending :/ your phone...

If you take off the battery cover... there'll be a tag with meid and it'll have your model number.. that model number will tell ya what phone you have

Cellar Door

"Who are you people and where is my horse?"

PattyS
09-06-2012, 11:01 PM
I looked inside, saw "MB520". I googled Motorola Blur MB520, and came up with instructions for a hard reset for Bravo 2.1 and 2.2. I purchased it in July 2011. I haven't upgraded anything, so does that mean I'm 2.1, or could I be something else?

Are these the instructions I'll need?

You said I'll lose anything that wasn't on my external removeable sd card, is that the card that is in my phone and can be taken out, or is that a separate device?

I'll head to the ATT store to see if they can help me recharge my battery, and see what is on my sd card. Does it sound like I'll lose all my photos and phone numbers?

bummer

PattyS
09-06-2012, 11:02 PM
by the way, i really appreciate you taking the time to help me.

Nemo aeternamn
09-06-2012, 11:27 PM
one thing to note... you might not loose your data... as the factory sbf's don't touch the data partition... so you might not loose your data at all... if your phone was stock....