PDA

View Full Version : I got problems!

jdubrolltide
09-04-2012, 04:38 PM
Ok, so i dropped my x on the ground, the back plate popped off and the phone landed battery side down in a puddle of water:( At first their werent any major problems except that i couldnt access any media( music, photos, camera, etc.) because it said no external sd card. Then i tried to wipe data/factory reset and all that good stuff. but nothing worked. now my phone is constantly rebooting. When i try to flash a zip from cwm i get a cant mount sd error. i just bought a new sd card, but i dont think thats going to fix it. any ideas???

GoCliffGo05
09-04-2012, 04:53 PM
Have you allowed your phone to completely dry since the drop? Other than that once you copy/backup all the media on the card have you tried to mount it again/reformat it? The rebooting makes me think there is some internal damage due to the drop/water...

jdubrolltide
09-04-2012, 04:59 PM
How would i go about mounting it? i try to in cwm but it always pops up with an error.

GoCliffGo05
09-04-2012, 05:07 PM
Try from Settings - Storage. Unmount and mount. Unlikely but it's definitely worth a shot.

jdubrolltide
09-04-2012, 05:26 PM
when i click unmount, it just says unmounting in progress..

GoCliffGo05
09-04-2012, 06:50 PM
If you wanna take a slight risk you can just take it out of the phone without unmounting it. You should be able to back up all the media files from the card by plugging it into your computer or a card reader after the fact. Then you can see if there is any physical damage to the card and once you put it back in your phone you should be able to format it/mount it.

Before you try and do all that just keep click unmount. I've heard of people saying it takes multiple times sometimes for it to recognize the command.

jdubrolltide
09-04-2012, 07:24 PM
I already did that and switched SD cards. Idk what to do now.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Droid X Forums

GoCliffGo05
09-04-2012, 07:32 PM
I'm out of ideas... Seems like the drop/water did some damage. Hopefully someone else will come along and offer you a better solution. Good luck.

DirtyDroid
09-04-2012, 07:52 PM
Are the water markings on the battery and phone side solid red/pink or do they still have little x's on them?

tap'd from the Gnex

jdubrolltide
09-04-2012, 07:52 PM
Thanks anyways.

GoCliffGo05
09-04-2012, 08:51 PM
Bump because I don't know if you saw DD's question.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Droid X Forums

jdubrolltide
09-04-2012, 08:58 PM
Its about half and half,

DirtyDroid
09-04-2012, 09:33 PM
Honestly I think that it may be caused from the water damage like cliff stated earlier...you can try to remove the battery and place them in rice for well atleast 24hours and see if that does anything but I think the damage may have been already been done unfortunately ...

tap'd from the N'seven

newmanx4
09-04-2012, 10:01 PM
My experiences with cell phones and water have taught me this. If it gets wet and powers off, do not try to power it on til you've done all you can to dry it. If it gets wet and doesn't power off then turn it off and don't try turning it on til you've dried it. One power up with moisture in it is usually enough to cause non repairable damage.

Sent from my Black Iced X

Goose306
09-04-2012, 10:14 PM
I didn't notice this addressed specifically bit does the reboots only occur when the SD is in? Or does that make a difference?

Regardless. I would rice it as previously recommended for a few days. After then, SBF if you can and factory reset. Does the phone do reboots while in boot loader/recovery? That would be a bit of a telling sign. I would rice it before powering up any more though, period. As was already discussed turning it on already may have caused you damage there.

Tapped from my jelly-beaned d2vzw

jdubrolltide
09-05-2012, 10:10 AM
Right now the phone will reboot when I lock it or unplug it from the charger. I think its only rebooting because something with the rom. But usually when that happens I reflash the rom, but I can't because the SD won't mount. Is their any way to sbf without flashing or using the SD?

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Goose306
09-05-2012, 10:44 AM
Right now the phone will reboot when I lock it or unplug it from the charger. I think its only rebooting because something with the rom. But usually when that happens I reflash the rom, but I can't because the SD won't mount. Is their any way to sbf without flashing or using the SD?

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

SBF doesn't require SD card access...

jdubrolltide
09-05-2012, 03:43 PM
What is sbf? And can you walk me through it?

GoCliffGo05
09-05-2012, 03:51 PM
Do us a favor and go on your phone, under settings -> About phone and tell us what system version you are on. Should end in .602, .605 or .621

jdubrolltide
09-05-2012, 04:16 PM
Never mind on the sbf, I got it.

jdubrolltide
09-05-2012, 04:17 PM
Oh and I'm not sure about the system, I'm on a custom rom and it doesn't show.

GoCliffGo05
09-05-2012, 04:22 PM
System is important. If you are on 621 you can only sbf with 621 or 604 or you will get an error. If you were on 602 or 605 either is fine. What rom are you on?

jdubrolltide
09-05-2012, 04:27 PM
OK now I really got problems! I just sbfd with rsd lite and with my sbf file for my carrier. The phone went through each step on rsd and passed! But my phone didn't reboot and it said error code. Now Im trying again....

jdubrolltide
09-05-2012, 04:27 PM
Liquidics

GoCliffGo05
09-05-2012, 04:31 PM
OK now I really got problems! I just sbfd with rsd lite and with my sbf file for my carrier. The phone went through each step on rsd and passed! But my phone didn't reboot and it said error code. Now Im trying again....

Bootloader error? Which sbf file did you use?

Goose306
09-05-2012, 04:34 PM

What's the error code? Is it a bootloader error code or RSD error code? What's the SBF file you are using?

The phone will frequently not reboot if you were on a custom ROM. You have to clear data post-SBF in factory recovery. Home + Power on a cold boot, if on Gingerbread when the triangle shows up press both volume keys to bring up menu, if on Froyo press search to bring up menu. Since the phone won't reboot it will frequently give a fail message in RSD Lite. Just wait for all the flashing to stop and when it says rebooting device, unplug it from USB, battery pull, boot into factory recovery, and wipe your data/cache and see if it boots up then.

jdubrolltide
09-05-2012, 04:46 PM
I used a milestone x sbf file for cellular south which is my carrier.

jdubrolltide
09-05-2012, 04:49 PM
Error a5, 70, 70, 00, 1f and now my battery is low and it says can't program.

jdubrolltide
09-05-2012, 04:53 PM
I think I'm screwed now.....

GoCliffGo05
09-05-2012, 04:56 PM
You're going to have to find a way to charge your battery before you can continue.

jdubrolltide
09-05-2012, 04:59 PM
I can't find the correct sbf file apparently and right now its stuck in a blank boot loader and says mem_map blank

GoCliffGo05
09-05-2012, 05:07 PM
https://sites.google.com/site/motosbf/milestone-x-sbf-files Is that the same SBF file you tried before? Also if it says battery low you need to charge it or find someone with a droid x or x2 to charge it for you/swap batteries. It wont chargle while on bootloader error.

jdubrolltide
09-05-2012, 05:09 PM
Yes that is the file I used.

Goose306
09-05-2012, 05:30 PM
Flash the 604 1KDS ISO to SBF. The MEM_MAP error is because you were on 604 and you can't revert to Froyo. The 604 ISO is a pre-made Linux ISO and it won't touch the radio which is important as you are on a different carrier. It's also the proper Milestone X SBF since that is what you have.

Tapped from the unicorned N7

Goose306
09-05-2012, 05:33 PM
Do that after you get the battery charged of course. The ISO is here:

http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-sbf/23638-linux-solution-your-windows-rsd-lite-problems.html

Burn it to a disk then boot the PC off the disk.

jdubrolltide
09-05-2012, 05:47 PM
I'm so confused!

GoCliffGo05
09-05-2012, 06:02 PM
OK here is the deal. You will need to find a way to charger your battery, that is priority number one.

Next go to this link http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-sbf/23638-linux-solution-your-windows-rsd-lite-problems.html and download the .604 iso file. Burn it to a disc (instructions are in the thread) then boot your computer from that disc. This should get you out of your brick/bootloader error. It shouldn't however replace your carriers radio so you should be up and running after flashing this.

jdubrolltide
09-05-2012, 06:10 PM
But will that sbf file work for me even though I'm with cspire?

Goose306
09-05-2012, 06:12 PM
OK here is the deal. You will need to find a way to charger your battery, that is priority number one.

Next go to this link http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-sbf/23638-linux-solution-your-windows-rsd-lite-problems.html and download the .604 iso file. Burn it to a disc (instructions are in the thread) then boot your computer from that disc. This should get you out of your brick/bootloader error. It shouldn't however replace your carriers radio so you should be up and running after flashing this.

Thanks for the clarification Cliff. I forget I can speak in techno-babble sometimes, especially when using tapatalk haha

GoCliffGo05
09-05-2012, 06:12 PM
Should work fine because it wont touch your carriers radio.

GoCliffGo05
09-05-2012, 06:13 PM
Thanks for the clarification Cliff. I forget I can speak in techno-babble sometimes, especially when using tapatalk haha

Basically just said the same thing you did :)

jdubrolltide
09-05-2012, 06:21 PM
And I'm going through all this and I don't even know if its going to fix my SD card problem.....

Goose306
09-05-2012, 06:26 PM
And I'm going through all this and I don't even know if its going to fix my SD card problem.....

Baby steps :) let's work on getting the phone stable so its not rebooting constantly then we can look at that. A working phone is more important than a working flashing machine (barely :P ) we have no way of working with the SD to rule out firmware issues without getting the firmware stable first, which is why the SBF is needed.

Tapped from my jelly-beaned d2vzw

jdubrolltide
09-05-2012, 06:38 PM
I appreciate you guys help. My friend has an old droid x, so I might be able to borrow it tomorrow. If not I guess I'm gonna have to go to cspire.

jdubrolltide
09-10-2012, 04:07 PM
OK new problem. I just completed all the steps listed above and when my phone rebooted it got stuck at the boot animation with the red in rippling. I'm currently redoing the process. Does anybody know what happened?

GoCliffGo05
09-10-2012, 04:13 PM
The SBF was successful? You get the bootloop after the sbf was done and trying to reboot the phone? If so you need to go into stock recovery and wipe data. (You can try wiping cache only first and see if that works so you wont lose anything. If that doesn't work try the data wipe/factory reset.)

Stock Recovery

1. Pull the battery and replace it.
2. Press and hold the Home key then press and hold Power button until you see a screen with a triangle on it.
3. Press Volume Up and Volume Down at the same time to access the recovery menu.
4. Use volume up or down to navigate and the power button to execute.

jdubrolltide
09-10-2012, 04:26 PM
OK thanks man. I still have the SD error and I can't seem to activate it. I tried *228

jdubrolltide
09-10-2012, 04:34 PM
Never mind on the program, I got it.

jdubrolltide
09-10-2012, 06:55 PM
And now I'm back to where I left of. Its rebooting every time I lock it and the SD card won't mount.

jdubrolltide
09-10-2012, 07:22 PM
OK I fixed the rebooting ATM. I just took out the SD card since it won't read it anyways.

Goose306
09-10-2012, 07:40 PM
Since it seems to be related directly to the SD have you tried another SD card or tried seeing if the SD can mount to PC without being in the phone (using one of those adapter cards) and reformat it then put it in?

newmanx4
09-10-2012, 08:10 PM
I'm with Goose. Sounds like a bad SD card.

Sent from my Black Iced X

jdubrolltide
09-10-2012, 08:56 PM
Yeah I bought another SD card.