PDA

View Full Version : Major Droid X2 Issues

Raviosaur11
08-23-2012, 04:41 PM
I've had my Droid X2 since Christmas of 2011 (currently ending of August,2012) and between that time period I have had some major issues with this phone. With a 2GB system memory and a 8GB sd card included, I thought that I would have enough memory for an adequate amount of apps. The phone worked perfectly for about a month or so, and that's when I started encountering all of these major problems. 1: MASSIVE LAG. I cannot even switch pages without the phone lagging. If I want to view a page on the internet, that a day's agenda right there. If I want to make a call, I would have to wait a few minutes for it to start ringing. Sometimes when I receive a call, the screen lights up, but won't let me touch it, and I am left there frantically trying to answer the call. (The only time when lagging isn't so much of a problem is when the phone has just turned on. After a while, however, the lagging resumes.) 2: Random Reboots. When I am doing my regular tasks on it, the phone's screen turns black and the DROID logo appears, signaling the restart of the phone. 3: Sync Issues. When I first got my phone and I had synced my Gmail to it, I would get a notification about it. However, I don't get any notifications about it anymore, and if any other apps have something to tell me (Ex. Scramble With Friends), I would not get a notification even though I should. 4: Battery Life. The battery life on this phone is horrendous. Every other day, I have to charge it, limiting my access to it greatly. It usually gives you notifications when the battery is dying (15% and 5% notification), but they prove to be useless. The notification of 5% comes up, and as I am walking to my charger, right after the notification has closed, the phone shuts off, giving me no time at all to take any action. Truly frustrating. 5: Overheating. This phone becomes VERY hot at times. I find at the back, right around the speakers, the heat concentrates right there, and I noticed that it has made my battery deplete even faster. (I am running at version 2.3.5)

I'm a 13 year old boy, and for me to see how lousy this phone is really means something. I think everyone experiencing these issues should be entitled for a refund.

fezrock
08-23-2012, 04:59 PM
The good news is that you're still in the 1 year warranty period. There are some things you can do to try to make it work right. But there were some X2s with hardware issues early on. Maybe you got one of those. Verizon should exchange it for you with no hassle. The app data such as game stats, passwords, etc will be lost though. There are apps that back those up, but require you to be rooted. Which voids your warranty. But can be reversed and cleaned up so they won't know. Whatever you choose to do, I suggest discussing it with your parents first, as they are the ones financially responsible. The people here will be glad to answer any questions you may have.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

GoCliffGo05
08-23-2012, 05:46 PM
Something easy you could try is to boot to stock recovery and wipe cache.

1. Turn your phone off.
2. Push and hold volume down then power on your phone. Continue to hold volume down until "fastboot" appears at the top of the screen.
3. Push volume down 7 times until "Android Recovery" is there, then press volume up to select it.
4. Push and hold Volume Up and Volume down at the same time to get into recovery.
5. Now use volume up or down to scroll through the menu and select wipe cache and press the power button to execute.

See if that helps you at all. If not, it may be time to contact verizon for a replacement. Like Fez said there are ways to backup your phone but it requires root, so seek permission first. You could also just do a complete data wipe/factory reset but you will lose everything, so i don't know if that is even an option for you (unless you get the permission to root, and back up.)

About the battery, if you only have to charge every other day that is actually pretty good. I personally go through a couple charge cycles a day. If it seems to be draining faster all of a sudden there is a possibility that your battery is just going bad.

Raviosaur11
08-24-2012, 07:53 PM
Thanks guys, I really appreciate it. I'll try what you guys told me, and I'll see if it works :D