PDA

View Full Version : Audio issues? Stock radio/stock music player

GinaBobina
08-20-2012, 07:21 PM
Help!

I'm using the stock radio app and the stock music player where I have loaded cds or downloaded mp3s of my choosing.

When I want to listen to a local radio station I keep having problems.

These are the issues:
a) The radio stops randomly. Could be every 5 minutes, every 20 minutes, etc - or anywhere inbetween! The app is often still running and I have to go to the pull-down menu, click on the app and then it reboots the radio (hopefully) and

b) listening to the radio mid-stream the music player will kick in without any prompting! Gah! This is the MOST irritiating. Often the music player volume is on max when this happens (far louder than the radio volume? Not sure how that happens?) and scares the bejeezuz out of me! I end up having to open the music player, pause the song (and hope that it doesn't immediately start up again?), then close out the music player and go back to the radio player. This could happen multiple times in an hour. :-/

Both of these malfunctions occur when the phone is sitting on my desk, not touching anything, with my headphones plugged in. What should/can I do? Any help is greatly appreciated!

GoCliffGo05
08-20-2012, 09:54 PM
Couple of questions, are you stock all the way or rooted and or Rom'd? Have you installed any apps recently right before you started noticing the problem? Have you just recently taken a system update? and what system version are you on (go to settings --> about phone)?

Try pulling the battery and leaving it out for a good solid minute, then putting it back in.

Or another simple option is to try wiping cache on all the radio apps and music players by going to settings--> Applications --> manage applications, clicking on it and clearing cache. Maybe data too, but data will lose any data stored in the apps.

GinaBobina
08-21-2012, 02:30 PM
Thank you for your reply, GoCliffGo!

I have recently (last month or so?) been having trouble with the phone restarting on it's own or freezing up and having to hard restart (removing the battery) and being generally SLOW so I had gone through apps that I thought may have been suspect. I removed a "battery saver" app that never seemed to do any good, yet had been on the phone for several months. A few others (games mostly) as well. I was considering doing a factory reset if that didn't help, but I really HATE doing that - so I'm thrilled to report that removing the apps has benefitted me greatly.

Phone is totally stock - no jankin' with it at all except a few fun apps.

So I cleared the radio app's cache and data and am giving the radio a "go" - so far so good, but it's only been about 15 minutes yet... :)

Thank you for the advice! If that doesn't do the trick I'll be back momentarily, I'm sure! Thanks again!

GoCliffGo05
08-21-2012, 02:56 PM
You're welcome. If you are still having problems try clearing the cache on your phone (hold home and power on and select clear cache) before resorting to a full factory reset.