PDA

View Full Version : Jellybean

giantsfan91
08-18-2012, 10:31 AM
Does anyone tried to flash the Jellybean rom?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

maybish
08-18-2012, 10:49 AM
I haven't seen a Jb rom for the dx yet. Not sure if we'll get one since development has died down for the dx. We can only cross our fingers!

****Mays galaxy 3****

gbrinn
08-18-2012, 12:04 PM
Probably won't. Most of the guys who were working on ICS for DX have moved on to other devices.

Sent from my DROIDX using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Goose306
08-18-2012, 12:12 PM
bikerdude @Rootz (who did a lot of the behind-the-scenes work of the DX/D2/D2G for ICS, like writing the camera wrapper files) is working on JB, but he's not making any promises. Last I checked there was no test builds or anything up yet though.

popcenator
08-18-2012, 12:46 PM
Wow, surprising and exciting.

on the move..

gbrinn
08-18-2012, 01:46 PM
That is surprising and a bit irritating. They left CM9 with some issues unresolved (like Wi-Fi tether, but known cause) to hit JB? I'm grateful for what I got, don't get me wrong, just seems odd to abandon ship where they did to go hit up JB, if that's what they're doing.

Goose306
08-18-2012, 04:20 PM
That is surprising and a bit irritating. They left CM9 with some issues unresolved (like Wi-Fi tether, but known cause) to hit JB? I'm grateful for what I got, don't get me wrong, just seems odd to abandon ship where they did to go hit up JB, if that's what they're doing.

I think the general feeling is that the bugs left in ICS are long-term bugs - stuff like the camera was, but clearly not as big of an issue as the camera was. Its just not really worth the effort put in for what is given out. Whereas JB tends to be a bit more of an incremental upgrade, they may get it running about like ICS is right now in a shorter time frame, as the framework changes that come along with JB aren't as massive as they were for ICS.

WIFI tether works fine on ICS btw (at least it did last time I ran it). It just can't run in infrastructure mode on ICS. But you shouldn't have any issues with a normal unsecured ad-hoc network for like a PC. (Most tablets don't like ad-hoc networks unless they're patched to recognize them, most PCs have no problems with them though). Infrastructure mode didn't work for all of 2nd-init (including GB) for most of its lifespan, that was only implemented back in ~ Feb/March of this last year.

BTW here's the thread of Bikedude. Its actually a pretty interesting thread to read through if you find yourself so inclined.

http://rootzwiki.com/topic/31524-the-state-of-icsjb-on-d2dxd2gdpro/

And last update regarding JB:

http://rootzwiki.com/topic/31524-the-state-of-icsjb-on-d2dxd2gdpro/page__st__40#entry896211

gbrinn
08-18-2012, 09:31 PM
Only need wifi tether for my tablet. Have USB for laptop.

Goose306
08-18-2012, 09:37 PM
Only need wifi tether for my tablet. Have USB for laptop.

If your tablet is rooted you should be able to flash an ad-hoc patch to it to enable ad-hoc tethering support. I'd look around for it.

Or bluetooth/DUN tethering.

gbrinn
08-18-2012, 10:09 PM
Blutooth works, but then you can't get the play store to work. Dunno why, just says no connection.