PDA

View Full Version : Looking to root again

stussykid3
08-16-2012, 04:43 PM
I rooted my phone over a year and a half ago with rubix gingerbread version and liked it. However i dont really remember how to do it and im still a noob. i ended up going back to normal becuz of unrelated issues with my phone. i just got a new X thru insurance and am now looking to root again (to be honost im not sure if its an X or X2, the Motorola logo comes up red in the beginning and everythings a little different like the top bar). anyway i was hoping somone could help me and point me in the direction of a newer but similar ROM to the one i had (i currently have android 2.3.4 and am assuming i cant run that one again). dont underestimate me calling myself a noob becuz i remember nothing other than the first step is to download that bootstrap.

stussykid3
08-16-2012, 05:16 PM
i should also add the reason i liked that ROM was becuz it did away w. all the moto blur and was simple. i dont need all kinds of fancy stuff, just wanna get rid of the stock junk so it doesnt waste my battery and be able to customize my fone a little more, as well as dload free apps of course.

Goose306
08-16-2012, 05:21 PM
You can tell if its an X or X2 by either the back (it'll say Droid X or X2) or if it has a camera button. X has button, X2 does not. Also, the X2's screen tends to look worse. Also it would say under "About Phone"

As far as rooting we need to know what version and phone you have. Go to Settings -> About Phone. Report model and exact version (more than just 2.3.4) such as .621 or something similar.

stussykid3
08-16-2012, 05:40 PM
yea, its an x. sorry about that. also it says system version 4.5.621

stussykid3
08-16-2012, 08:30 PM
so yea, looking for a program to root and then a custom ROM with stock or close to txt messaging, camera, etc., w/o the junk, and improved battery life and speed. any help would be greatly appreciated.

csk415
08-18-2012, 01:25 PM
so yea, looking for a program to root and then a custom ROM with stock or close to txt messaging, camera, etc., w/o the junk, and improved battery life and speed. any help would be greatly appreciated.

If you look in goose306 sig (look a few posts up) you will see a link for "important info for 621 update". That will have all the info you need to get you rooted. Once your rooted I recommend this http://rootzwiki.com/index.php?/topic/23376-[ROM]-VXL-1.0-(VorteX-Liberated)-Out-Of-BETA!
Just make sure you download the 621 version if you decide to try it. Vxl is very stable with just the right amount of blur left in. Battery life is pretty darn good also.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2