PDA

View Full Version : can't get past the "droid" red eye screen

chk
08-15-2012, 11:44 AM
Hi Hope someone can help. yesterday I got a memory low message and before I could try to delete anything my phone powered down and started to repower. Now when I turn it on it just keeps repeating the screens that say "droid" and the red eye over and over. The only way I could figure out to stop it is to pop out the battery.

Any idea what is happening and how I can fix it. My only concern is losing pictures

Thanks very much!

Ampclamp
08-15-2012, 01:53 PM
If you are stock try this:
Put the battery back in, hold the home button then the power button. When you see the triangle pic hit both volume up and down once. This will be stock recovery. Try wiping cache and reboot. Navigate with volume rocker and select with power button.

If you are rooted please tell us what your setup is.
How To Get To Stock Recovery (http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/gingerbread-development-hacking/39559-how-get-stock-recovery.html)

chk
08-15-2012, 02:02 PM
Thanks! So I got the Triangle pic and hit the search key but nothing happens.
Sorry for being a tech moron but I don't know what rooted means or how to tell you my set up:cry:

Ampclamp
08-15-2012, 02:31 PM
Its okay, go back to the triangle Page and Press volume buttons together. Should work.

Sent from my Nexus 7

chk
08-15-2012, 02:56 PM
did it but still repeating the droid red eye screens. hopefully I'll be able to stop by a verizon store tonight but Thanks very much for your help! It gave me something to try!

Goose306
08-15-2012, 03:40 PM
Let us know if you need more help. If you are strictly just concerned about losing pictures and you have an SDCard loaded you should be safe it should be saving pictures to the SD, so we should be free to do as needed. SD isn't wiped unless you specifically format it.