PDA

View Full Version : Does browser always stay on?

Yankee
08-25-2010, 07:30 PM
I can't figure out how to exit my browser without leaving it on. It seems like my phone is always online. I know I have the unlimited data plan, but I just don't feel comfortable being online all the time. Is there a way to exit the browser completely without having to turn my phone off? Thanks for any help...

Abe21599
08-25-2010, 07:36 PM
if youre talking about apps running in the background, check out the link in my sig and its called "androidology"

smalltowngirl13
08-25-2010, 09:04 PM
Which browser are you using?

In stock, I am not sure there is an exit or quit option...I do know in DolphinHD, if you press the hard menu key and then exit it will give you a popup window asking if you want to exit...as what Abe indicates, I don't worry about background activity due to the nature of the OS...

Garemlin
08-25-2010, 09:10 PM
To fully close the stock browser click menu while in the browser. Then windows and click the X next to all open windows. Then hit the back arrow button. Browser will be completely closed.

Asharad
08-28-2010, 09:15 PM
Use Dolphin, it's easier to close.

baniels
08-28-2010, 10:00 PM
Even using the method (2 posts) above, the browser will still try to load the home page after closing the last tab. http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-general-discussion/2339-tip-browser-homepage.html

Metalheadzaid
08-31-2010, 06:17 AM
You can just leave it open. After you stop using it for a while it'll close itself automatically when the OS requests memory - and if you need it before then it's already there, waiting for you (IE loads faster/still where you left it)

That's how android works - don't worry about things like this.

BOWIE
08-31-2010, 06:39 AM
No, it's not always on (at least, not for me). Pages that normally update themselves stop after a short time on my phone.
You can monitor your CPU to be sure and your 3G meter should tell you when data is moving.

psychotic_penguin
09-08-2010, 09:23 PM
Is there any question in the forums you guys can't answer, man I love this place. I've always wondered but after reading about how Android works I never bothered going through closing it. But here comes Garemlin with a simple solution that's been looking me in the face for over a year.

Thanks bro