PDA

View Full Version : Google Now?

B1GD
08-11-2012, 02:12 AM
has anyone been able to get google now on any ics roms for the droid x? i tried on MIUI v.4 (the latest version) and couldn't figure it out. i know there is a flashable zip that should work, but i couldn't get it to work on MIUI.

DroidlynnXDoes
08-11-2012, 12:39 PM
You need to download gapps and flash it in cmw recovery, then you will get your Google apps. I have used Miui ICS before and had no issues.

In a world that doesn't, Droidlynn, X and Xena Does

BHuber09
08-11-2012, 12:48 PM
That doesn't include Google now.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Nemo aeternamn
08-11-2012, 03:48 PM
How are you trying to get Google now on there?

Cellar Door

"Who are you people and where is my horse?"

B1GD
08-11-2012, 05:31 PM
How are you trying to get Google now on there?

Cellar Door

"Who are you people and where is my horse?"

xda-developers - View Single Post - [MOD] [4.0+] [UPDATE 08/08] The Google Now for ICS Project [APK AND ZIP] [ARMv6&v7] (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=29756226)

BHuber09
08-11-2012, 11:36 PM
Did you follow all of the instructions correctly?
Including the "double check"?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Nemo aeternamn
08-12-2012, 12:29 AM
after you complete the steps in that link... what happens when you try to use it

B1GD
08-13-2012, 02:37 AM
after you complete the steps in that link... what happens when you try to use it

it just appeared that nothing had happened

visa01
08-13-2012, 05:14 AM
I'm running Gummy and had trouble getting it to actually work. As in I would speak a command/question but nothing would happen.

Not sure if that's the same prob u have or not, but another poster in that thread suggested cleaning up /system until at least 20mb was free before flashing. I found some files under /system/app/media that I could delete, flashed mikeys M6 and it works now for me.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

newmanx4
08-13-2012, 09:39 AM
That's the key. If there's not enough space it won't work correctly because it can't load all the files. You also have to make sure permissions for all the .apk's and files installed by the zip are set to rw, r, r.

Sent from my Black Iced X

kysuperstar99
08-17-2012, 12:09 AM
How will you know if there is enough space? I tried to get Google now to work on my Droid X running cm9. It would try to work but I ouldnt do it for some reason. It didn't say anything about inefficient space. Just wondering thanks. I Also it would work on the liquid ics rom I had before CM9.

visa01
08-18-2012, 01:49 AM
I used Titanium backup.

When you first open up the app, on the lower half of the page it should say how much space is available in /system.

Like I said in my previous post, when I was on Gummy I just deleted some vids that were in /system/media/video or something like that until I had at least 20mb free (initially had about 11mb free). But the other day when I flashed Liquid, after the initial setup, I installed Titanium, checked the space (had just over 100mb free at that time) then reboot recovery and flashed.

AZDroid
08-21-2012, 12:43 AM
I remember this question was asked on the rootzwiki Miui v4 thread & believe they concluded gNow isn't compatible. However it should work with non-Miui ics roms..I know it does with aokp v39 using the zip from xda with no issues. Btw I had problems initially bc over time I had changed around some of the search/voice system files to install velvet, and needed a sbf to format system & have a clean base to flash this zip. Since then no problems at all and all features working properly (except note to self crashes when trying to sync with Gmail)

Hope you get it running...GNow is the absolute best upgrade I've made since rooting!

AzzE

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

visa01
09-26-2012, 11:40 PM
If anyone is interested, I just switched back to MIUI V4 cuz I missed it and was able to install Google Now. Had to delete a lot of stuff in /system to make room though, including live wallpapers and all but /UI from /system/media since I use zedge ringtones anyway.
But once I got above 20mb free, flashed mikey6online and its working like a charm!

vortmax
09-29-2012, 06:13 PM
I just got this running in CM9 after getting my system free space above 30mb by moving a bunch of crap to /data and installing the 'online' version from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1747224

I (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1747224) am curious though... Is there any reason I could not edit the install script to install all of the voice files in the 'offline' package to the /data partition and symlink back if needed?