PDA

View Full Version : Rom manager in miui?

zuzto
08-09-2012, 11:54 AM
Rom manager in miui? Cause the app install a recovery and miui has already build in the recovery. I want to do a backup of miui rom with a custom name just like im rom manager. Ideas? Thanks.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

jeems
08-09-2012, 01:55 PM
I would use the power menu to boot to recovery and do your backup from there. (at the blue menu choose backup and restore> backup).

zuzto
08-09-2012, 02:04 PM
I know but i already have some other roms backups, so, i want put a custom name, like in the rom manager, cause i change the name once and the cheksum send me a error, my backup was trash then.

jeems
08-09-2012, 02:14 PM
ROM manager uses CWM, it just runs a script to do everything I do manually. When changing names of backups, the biggest culprit is adding a space in the name. You can use a dash or underscore in place of a space. If you get the MD5 sum error due to a changed name the backup isn't bad, you just need to fix the name. Also, if rom manager works okay with that ROM you should still be able to use it as well. Have you tried or were you just worried?

zuzto
08-09-2012, 04:24 PM
I was worried cause in the past i tried the bootstrap on miui and the rom failed, i know now that is not for 2nd init roms. I lost my backups cause i dont knew that was the spaces in the name. But when i change the name with rom manager i put spaces and the backups works, i think. Anyway, Thanks, im gonna try again.

jeems
08-09-2012, 04:54 PM
Good! It's definitely a learning experience, but sounds like you are getting it. Rom Manager may add underscores where you put spaces or might save it in it's own folder with the name you chose. I'm not sure as I don't usually use it except to update CWM (which means I don't really use it, haha). good luck.