PDA

View Full Version : Rom manager Help please

zuzto
08-07-2012, 10:47 AM
BOOT MANAGER! sorry, is BOOT MANAGER!!

Hi to all, im trying to run this app in my droid x but i have some issues. First, i understand that i need to have in the main rom, the phone rom, a GB rom, 2nd init. So, i install MIUI 2.2.5 beans... then i install the rom manager... so... the thing is... i install a nandroid backup of vortex in a slot, but the rom manager dont boot in the vortex rom, always boot in miui again or in recovery mode... im a 605/621 or something like that... so, i have to patch the roms with wifi if the rom is not a 2nd init.

In other slot a install gummy, but when i try to boot says that theres no rom or something like that... so... i dont know what im doing wrong, maybe someone can show me the light and tell me what to do to run vortex new rom, the 1.5 something, the new miui 4, and gummy ics, thanks to all for your time and support.

towbiz
08-07-2012, 01:04 PM
I've never tried beans miui but I know wizards works as a phone rom

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Ampclamp
08-07-2012, 01:28 PM
then i install the rom manager... so... the thing is... i install a nandroid backup of vortex in a slot

You can not use "Rom manager" to flash a nandroid into a slot of "Bootmanager"

towbiz
08-07-2012, 02:00 PM
You can not use "Rom manager" to flash a nandroid into a slot of "Bootmanager"

Really?

towbiz
08-07-2012, 02:10 PM
That is true you use rom manager to make a nandroid then the rom is stored on your SD card in the clockwork folder

Ampclamp
08-07-2012, 02:17 PM
That is true you use rom manager to make a nandroid then the rom is stored on your SD card in the clockwork folder

Absolutely correct, I think the OP is getting two different apps mixed up. Rom manager makes the nandroid then you can install to a slot through Bootmanager.

zuzto
08-07-2012, 04:01 PM
****, yes, sorry about that... i was trying to get working Boot manager... rom manager not!! my bad!!

But, anyway, so, im downloading the miui from wizard cause i think must of you use that as rom phone, and then, what?? i want to have vortex new, miui 4 and gummy, but i read that u need first install, then do a backup, nandroid, and then install it in boot manager.. or rom manager?? ****.. what is the app? boot!!! i hope this time my mind dont get mixed up!! focus men!! sorry about that.

Nemo aeternamn
08-07-2012, 04:12 PM
You don't have to install a nandroid.. you can just install the rom.zip the boot manager.. that's how I usually do it

Cellar Door

"Who are you people and where is my horse?"

jeems
08-07-2012, 04:53 PM
You don't have to install a nandroid.. you can just install the rom.zip the boot manager.. that's how I usually do it

Cellar Door

Some people have been having trouble with vortex installing directly to a slot. It worked fine for me though.

If you are on .621 you will probably need to make sure you are installing the version that has been patched by goose306 and not the version from the Vortex thread.

clothednblack
08-07-2012, 11:43 PM
Just to add fyi ....
Its a 50/50 shot getting vortex into a slot by just installing the zip, I have had it work both ways (nandroid and zip) its failed as a zip before but tried again and it worked, after the boot in to a slot you have to be patient for it to take, it may sit on the boot logo longer than you are use to but its normal, a boot loop or two is normal too but only when its the first time you try it. Boot manager is finicky.

teleported from my wizardry DX

zuzto
08-08-2012, 12:35 AM
Ok, so, ill install miui wizard as phone rom, then vortrx, then miui 4,then gummy ics, wish me luck.
Thanks.

Enviado desde mi DROIDX usando Tapatalk

zuzto
08-08-2012, 01:43 PM
Update

I already install miui wizard as phone rom, then install in one slot a backup of gummyics, in other slot a fresh miui 4 rom and in other slot fresh vortex new rom. I try to run the gummy and stays in m boot. I try to run the others slots and says that i dont have any rom installed. So, i dont know what to do. I only rezise the img files to 650 mb. Maybe is cause im in 605/621, i dont know. Some help.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

clothednblack
08-08-2012, 09:09 PM
Try again or use the nandroid method, boot manager can be a pain but worth it when its all said and done

Nemo aeternamn
08-08-2012, 10:13 PM
One thing I do that helps.. just plug it in to a power source.. make sure stay awake while charging is checked.. so the screen is on.. that helps boot manager run right because it's so labor intensive

Cellar Door

zuzto
08-09-2012, 12:43 AM
What iS the nandroid method?

Enviado desde mi DROIDX usando Tapatalk

clothednblack
08-09-2012, 01:23 AM
Make a nandroid of your phone rom, then flash a new rom and make a nandroid of that one, flash your phone rom back then install the nandroid of your second one in to a slot