PDA

View Full Version : Droid X Bootstrap

minigts
08-06-2012, 09:40 AM
Ok, I have this installed, rooted the phone, ran fine then ran the option for bootstrap recovery (Got the success window) and then ran the Reboot Recovery option. When the phone rebooted, it got to the Motorola logo and then it went to a blank screen, but didn't do anything.

I'm on .621 and running 2.3.5. Do I need to have another version for .621 or has anyone had this issue so far? I apologize if this has been answered already MANY times past. I don't do too much to my phone and rarely do this, but this is the only issue I'm having that seems to be preventing me from going to ICS. So my next question would be (probably should have been my first :)), can you run ICS on .621? Assuming we should be able to, but any info/advice is appreciated.

Thanks everyone!

clothednblack
08-06-2012, 09:45 AM
You need to use rom manager, bootstrap doesn't work from. 602 and up, now you may he able to do a factory reset from stock recovery or need to sbf, I don't know how it works with .621 but I do know bootstrap was your issue.

teleported from my dying DX

minigts
08-06-2012, 09:47 AM
Ok, I may just be dumb. Thought I would be able to install the ROM from the boot recovery screen. Loaded it from Clockwork ROM and it seems to be loading. Figures I would post for help, try it again and figure it out. My apologies. :(

minigts
08-06-2012, 09:49 AM
You need to use rom manager, bootstrap doesn't work from. 602 and up, now you may he able to do a factory reset from stock recovery or need to sbf, I don't know how it works with .621 but I do know bootstrap was your issue.

:) Thanks and I JUST figured it out right after I posted. Seriously though, I appreciate the good attitude of everyone on here to post information instead of criticism when we do things that are mindless. :)

clothednblack
08-06-2012, 09:56 AM
Welcome back :) we all make mistakes, the community here has always been a big help for me

minigts
08-06-2012, 10:05 AM
Welcome back :) we all make mistakes, the community here has always been a big help for me

haha Thanks man. Well I spoke too soon. Infinite boot loop with the AOKP v39. Tried wiping cache, still does it. I'll sift through the ICS forums and see if I can find an answer. :$ Can't wait to try it though.

minigts
08-06-2012, 10:17 AM
Well did the factory reset, then cache wipe and that allowed it to boot. I wonder if I just wasn't waiting long enough for things to finish? I mean, at one point I let it boot loop like 10+ times, but this thread was helpful!

http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/aokp/47521-just-flashed-aokp-stuck-motorola-logo.html

(http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/aokp/47521-just-flashed-aokp-stuck-motorola-logo.html)Thanks again and I already LOVE ICS!