PDA

View Full Version : Problems mounting, using doubleTwist, using the music app

coldcaption
08-25-2010, 05:15 PM
Alright, so I'm having some issues using my new Droid X with my Mac.

For one thing, it doesn't even work with the computer unless USB debugging is on and the USB connection is set to USB Mass Storage. When this happens, it will either show up in doubleTwist as "Motorola Droid" or show up in the finder as a removable drive and in doubleTwist as a Motorola device and then its model number. At the time I'm writing this, I can't get it to show up again in the Finder, only in doubleTwist as a Droid.
I could sync it (sort of) with doubleTwist when it was showing up as a Motorola device with its model number, but not right now with it appearing as a Droid. DoubleTwist is giving me instructions on mounting it through the phone, but the "USB Connected" item that it wants me to tap in the notification window isn't there. There is "USB connection," but that only lets me decide if it will appear to the computer in "PC Mode," "Windows Media Sync," "USB Mass Storage," or "Charge Only." The only one that I can do anything with from the computer is "USB Mass Storage."
Now, when it was working with doubleTwist, it would only sync certain files. I didn't look too far into it, but it seemed to be excluding iTunes purchases. This is understandable since it wouldn't work with the DRM files, but newer songs that I got on iTunes without DRM work OK on it when I put them on manually. These were excluded regardless. When I went to go test to see if it would work with just one non-DRM iTunes song I'd put on, it took a while to be able to tap it in the menu because it started duplicating all of my other songs for no reason I could figure out. This eventually caused the app to become very slow and non responsive, so I killed it. Going back in, it happened again.
So, is there anything I can do now to either get it to work with doubleTwist or at least mount it as a removable drive again so I can get everything off of it? I'll be fiddling with it to see if I can get it to do anything while I wait for replies, but any help would be appreciated. Other than this the phone has been great, so I'd really hate for it to be tarnished by not being able to do one thing that has been fairly simple on most handheld devices for quite a while.

Edit: By the way, is there a dedicated app for watching video, or is going through Files the only way to do it?

Edit the Sequel: I turned off debugging and left everything else and now it's syncing (slowly) with doubleTwist as a Motorola Droid. I guess I'll edit again if more things happen.

smalltowngirl13
08-25-2010, 06:29 PM
Welcome to the forums!! Keep us posted on your progress...

Here is a link - that might help ya with syncing... 2 Guys 1 Droid: SOLVED: How to Sync iTunes with Your Droid (http://2guys1droid.blogspot.com/2010/08/solved-how-to-sync-itunes-with-your.html)

coldcaption
08-25-2010, 07:37 PM
Thanks, this seems to be exactly what I need :D I'm glad to know it's normal that it takes long (it's still syncing). I didn't know there was a doubleTwist app, but it seems to be just what I wanted in a media app.