PDA

View Full Version : Why Are All The Cool Cases Only Made For Iphone's?

music_man185
07-29-2012, 06:50 PM
it seems like the most rugged and unique cases are only made exclusively for the iphone. i have an otterbox defender and trident kraken 2 case for my droid x. they both do their job of protecting the phone. but i like variety and options. and it seems like the really unique cases aren't made for anything but the iphone. i like cases like the taktik, the aqua tek, griffin, casemate tank, gumdrop, qmadix xtreme, rokform, etc. i realize the iphones are extremely popular. but android is responsible for over half of the phones sold. so why not make cases for them and reach more consumers? why limit yourself? does anyone know of some unique rugged cases for the droid x?

maybish
07-29-2012, 07:19 PM
I haven't heard if all those cases you mentioned but have you checked Amazon? I've always found cool stuff on there for pretty cheap!

****Mays galaxy 3****

DirtyDroid
07-29-2012, 08:12 PM
And due to the vast variety if android phones in general. With all different shapes sizes and dimensions...

tap'd from the Gnex

droidx2.3.3
07-29-2012, 09:22 PM
And due to the vast variety if android phones in general. With all different shapes sizes and dimensions...

tap'd from the Gnex

Yeah, I mean the iPhone has change twice? In how many years? It went from a rectangle with rounded sides to a rectangle with squared sides. So needless to say the cases are all the same. And its an "iPhone" because you know only the "cool" people carry a pad lock I mean iPhone. Whilst Androids are all different shapes and sizes. (I know they are rectangles with around 4" screens but you get my point haha)

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

DroidlynnXDoes
09-15-2012, 12:11 AM
The DROIDX / X2 have such a unique design that it makes it difficult to make accessories for it. This is due to its camera hump

clothednblack
09-15-2012, 12:31 AM
The trident case is what I use. Hard plastic case with a second rubber shell. Its tough!!

teleported from my wizardry DX

GoCliffGo05
09-15-2012, 12:34 AM
And Lynn the X2 doesn't have a camera button. I went through a couple cases but I went with the Ballistic case for mine. I drop it enough I need some heavy duty protection.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Droid X Forums

DroidlynnXDoes
09-16-2012, 01:39 AM
And Lynn the X2 doesn't have a camera button. I went through a couple cases but I went with the Ballistic case for mine. I drop it enough I need some heavy duty protection.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Droid X Forums

I think MOTO was not thinking straight when they decided to leave X2's camera button out when they made it. Despite X2's increased speed compared to the X, I like the X better because there's more development for it and it has a cute red camera button. Also both are cute. And at least you can get the same screen protector for either.one. but I don't need any protection on my X's cuz I'm very careful.with them. I just don't put anything else in my pocket if there in them so the screen doesn't get messed up. Also when they're not in my hand I have them in a, leather case that I wear on my waist. I wear both cases so they can both be on me all the time. The only disadvantage is when X and Xena decide they want to pants, me. My Droids are good at that. But I have 2 otterbox defender series one for each X. I only make them wear them if they really need to, but I don't use them very much because it weighs twice as much as my droids do. The DROIDX is a little heavy especially in an otterbox when its on your waist. My mother has her galaxy s III in one and its way lighter. But my X 's are better. But the otterbox is the best

DroidXFanatic
09-16-2012, 11:35 AM
Moto needs to not worry about camera buttons but actually use a good camera & good optics for once. Camera on Moto phones aren't good at all even the new phones coming out. Motorola phones just aren't appealing to me anymore with their locked everything & non removable batteries. Good cases might be kind of hard to find now for the X since its getting old. Amazon is your best bet.

Liberty 3V2.0 - Droid X

DroidlynnXDoes
09-16-2012, 08:58 PM
I have been able to take good photos with my X since I flashed AOKP. But the stock camera on Gingerbread isn't very good. I remember when I used to have my iPod touch 4G I showed my Mum some photos I took and she said it took better photos than her X did. That was before I had my X's. But now I have her X. The DROIDX seems to perform better when its rooted and modified

DroidlynnXDoes
09-16-2012, 09:08 PM
And iPhones are the ones that are supposed to have internal batteries. I can't stand not being able to have interchangeable batteries. Its like my mother not having a camera with interchangeable lenses. My mother is really into photography so she has a million cameras including her DSLR which is her baby. She wears her cameras out. I have a DSLR but hardly use it. I find my X easier to take photos with. I only have 2 lenses for my DSLR. Mum has I think 5 of them. The biggest one is her 200-400. I think DSLRS creep me out because of the large lenses. I have 5 DROIDX batteries and a lot of other stuff for my X and my X has replaced the need for a lot of gadgets and the camera button is Xtremely helpful. I don't understand why MOTO would want to make a phone with internal batteries. I'm just glad Apple didn't patent that. Some Droids don't have the greatest battery life and some of those ones have internal batteries. You would have to carry a charger everywhere you go. I used to do that before I got my mothers X, but now both my X's have 5 batteries that they share. I only carry a charger when I go out if I don't remember to charge all my batteries.

sgfrkk96
01-27-2013, 07:25 PM
Well the iphone is a really basic shape, and probably the number 1 selling phone in the world...therefore it's an easy product to make with high high demand! The droid x is not something easy to make a case for haha! Plus there's sooo many different droids. Making a case for one droid would be low demand. If there's 50 droids to choose from and you make for ex. a droid x case. There's less customers buying your case in comparison to the amount of droid owners who don't have the x. There's only the 3g-5 where people are actually looking for cases.

BHuber09
01-27-2013, 08:02 PM
Zombie thread!!! Haha
But just gonna throw this out there. Sgs3 is the #1 sold phone in history.

Tapp'd from one of my Nexus Devices