PDA

View Full Version : Droid x bootloop after storage space low error, cant get into CWM

Opera
07-26-2012, 05:54 PM
So last night I got the storage space low error, which has happened before and I usually fix by using terminal emulator to delete the offending tombstone file but before I got a chance to my phone died. When I plugged it in and rebooted it started bootlooping. I can still enter bootloader and stock recovery but not clockwork. Im running CM7 on froyo not sure what version or whatever. My main question is: Do I absolutely have to wipe data/factory reset? Tbh I dont think I saved my last nandroid onto my SD and even if I did I'm pretty sure its a really old one (I know, my fault for not backing up more often.) Is there anything I can do through the bootloader maybe? I really don't want to go through a wipe or an sbf =/ I have recorded music and writing on the phone that I don't have anywhere else and would hate to lose.

Thanks

Goose306
07-26-2012, 08:00 PM
So last night I got the storage space low error, which has happened before and I usually fix by using terminal emulator to delete the offending tombstone file but before I got a chance to my phone died. When I plugged it in and rebooted it started bootlooping. I can still enter bootloader and stock recovery but not clockwork. Im running CM7 on froyo not sure what version or whatever. My main question is: Do I absolutely have to wipe data/factory reset? Tbh I dont think I saved my last nandroid onto my SD and even if I did I'm pretty sure its a really old one (I know, my fault for not backing up more often.) Is there anything I can do through the bootloader maybe? I really don't want to go through a wipe or an sbf =/ I have recorded music and writing on the phone that I don't have anywhere else and would hate to lose.

Thanks

Do you have adb working? If so you may be able to get into CWM that way, otherwise its time for an SBF

Sent from my CM10 GSIII

Opera
07-26-2012, 09:03 PM
What is adb?

EDIT: Okay so I got a guide off xda for adb installation and I'll give it a go. Any information about adb would be much appreciated since this is new territory for me, thanks.

UPDATE: So I got adb working, used the shell to access CWM recovery, made a backup after deleting the tombstone, SBF'ed and began running z4 to re-root, when it started again. Except this time it just hangs on the motorola logo now. Any suggestions how to fix this new problem?