PDA

View Full Version : Droid 4?

bigmike77
07-23-2012, 08:31 PM
Well I know this is DX general discussion, but whatever..lol

I'm really considering going to a Droid 4 soon, mainly because I HATE on-screen touch keyboards, and that google talk thing sucks as well. I should have never left a Qwerty keyboard phone..

Anyway, I've been lightly reading up on it, and the droid 4 seems WAY more advanced than the X, however, these are my main issues with it..

1. Battery is " built in" cannot be removed, or changed- WTF are you supposed to do when it freezes up like ALL droids do or will do?

2. Screen slightly smaller, but how noticeable is it really? I watch a ton of Netflix, etc on my phone..

3. With the 4G LTE, does it run the same way as the 3G, as in towers etc or is it more reliable and not just faster when you have full signal?

Are there any other things i should be concerned with switching over to the 4?

jwalz
07-23-2012, 08:37 PM
Moved to off topic

tap'd from my rooted device

bigmike77
07-23-2012, 08:38 PM
I looked for a " off topic" but never did see it. Good eye, my good sir. lol

Nemo aeternamn
07-23-2012, 08:45 PM
Well I know this is DX general discussion, but whatever..lol

I'm really considering going to a Droid 4 soon, mainly because I HATE on-screen touch keyboards, and that google talk thing sucks as well. I should have never left a Qwerty keyboard phone..

Anyway, I've been lightly reading up on it, and the droid 4 seems WAY more advanced than the X, however, these are my main issues with it..

1. Battery is " built in" cannot be removed, or changed- WTF are you supposed to do when it freezes up like ALL droids do or will do?

there should be a way to reboot it by holding a combination of buttons... and not "all" droids do... certain setups are more prone to it... but with my gnex i haven't had it freeze aside from when i've been playing with overclocking

2. Screen slightly smaller, but how noticeable is it really? I watch a ton of Netflix, etc on my phone..

it'a a little smaller screen... but wont be too noticeable...

3. With the 4G LTE, does it run the same way as the 3G, as in towers etc or is it more reliable and not just faster when you have full signal?

yes... it runs the same way as 3g... but there's been allot of outages and bugs coming out with 4g as it's still pretty new...

Are there any other things i should be concerned with switching over to the 4?

i haven't seen any bugs that are too note worthy for this phone

replies are in the quote...

bigmike77
07-23-2012, 08:48 PM
So there's no reason why going to a D4 would be a " bad" decision?

Nemo aeternamn
07-23-2012, 09:31 PM
no.. i don't see how it'd be a bad choice... it's moto... so it's going to be a solid device(all locked down.. but with root and custom roms if that's your game) it's got a pretty decent screen... for having a slide out keyboard... it's got the a great size screen... so if that's your cup of tea... it's a great phone

jwalz
07-23-2012, 09:38 PM
I looked for a " off topic" but never did see it. Good eye, my good sir. lol

That's why they pay me the big bucks :rolleyes:

Nemo aeternamn
07-23-2012, 11:35 PM
That's why they pay me the big bucks :rolleyes:

haha... like this one https://encrypted-tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIEAHwgVnI3R7Ku1o25dTBr54hPZHhD ihfsNZVWZFFNtQ4RYeM

jwalz
07-24-2012, 12:28 AM
Lmfao. I wish.. If I got that I would have made some serious money in my pool last year

Nemo aeternamn
07-24-2012, 12:48 AM
Lmfao. I wish.. If I got that I would have made some serious money in my pool last year

do ya have mule deer in your state?

i'm one in one of a couple of states that don't have white tail...

jwalz
07-24-2012, 06:19 AM
Nah they are the west coast version of the white tail.. look a bit more massive though.. wouldn't mind that rack hanging up