PDA

View Full Version : One Tough Android; Motorola Droid X Survives A Campfire and is Still Functional

dgstorm
07-20-2012, 03:05 PM
http://static.droidblog.net/dgstorm/df/melted-yet-functional-droid-x.png

The now venerable yet still impressive Motorola Droid X may be tougher than most people imagine. In fact, it supposedly can even survive a trial by fire. According to one owner, that's exactly what his did, literally. Supposedly, a proud owner of a Droid X had his device fall into a campfire, and it lived to tell the tale. In fact, it is still almost completely functional. Here's a quote with some details,

One man found out the other day when in a less than sober condition, he dropped his Motorola DROID X face first into a campfire. But as we said, the DROID line has always been built tough. Believe it or not, even in its scarred condition the touchscreen, buttons, camera and speaker all still work. The battery and microSD card are fused to the back of the unit which still recharges the battery.

Even though it was only two years ago, I guess they don't make 'em like they used to...

Source: PhoneArena (http://www.phonearena.com/news/Motorola-DROID-X-is-one-hot-handset-as-it-survives-a-campfire_id32497)

Nemo aeternamn
07-20-2012, 03:41 PM
Awesome story... I knew it was a tough phone.. and trial by fire.. literally.. and pretty much completely functional... speaks volumes about the phone

Cellar Door

BHuber09
07-20-2012, 04:57 PM
I saw this earlier. I was truly amazed that everything still worked after it was in the fire. Truly a beast of a phone

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

DroidlynnXDoes
08-25-2012, 10:18 PM
This shows how special DROIDX's are. They Xist for a reason. I've dropped X and Xena so many times and they still look like new. Xena overheated in a hot car so bad that she went into cool down mode and lived to tell the tale. The DROID series is definitely the best, but my favorite will always be the X

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

DroidlynnXDoes
08-25-2012, 10:21 PM
Xena got sprayed with a garden hose by accident 2 days ago and had no damage. I was giving my all German Shepard a shower. And the night before that I was getting ready to take a bath which I accidentally turned on the shower which the shower head was aimed the wrong way and X got sprayed a little bit with no damage.

smurfcastle2009
10-15-2012, 06:07 PM
my droid x has been dropped in water twice now and weirdly enough it actually works better than it used to lol but i wouldnt recommend it :)

DroidlynnXDoes
10-16-2012, 08:07 PM
I also wouldn't recommend spreading it with a garden hose either

AdamTomaino
10-17-2012, 06:37 AM
I for one think the DX has the greatest form factor combined with durability of any phone released to date.

DroidlynnXDoes
10-17-2012, 05:40 PM
I for one think the DX has the greatest form factor combined with durability of any phone released to date.

I agree it's an amazing Droid. I also love the way it looks and feels in my hand