PDA

View Full Version : Having major issues

Cananot
07-15-2012, 12:50 PM
Ok yesterday my phone starting going crazy as in turning it self on and off couldn't get into the the home screens or apps nothing so I tried to flash it and that took hours to do cause it wouldnt work I'm coming off Vortex rom and tried to go back to stock and after 12 hours it took but now I have issues as in a message box coming up saying Android OS is corrupt and it wont let me get in my app draw or txt messages or emails as soon as I try to acces anything it closes out ???? I have tried everything I know I have sbf it 3 times and even tried to another rom and crap nothing stays on the M screen and never changes so now back to stock and still having major issues with opening programs and emails infact everything How do I fix this ?

fezrock
07-15-2012, 01:37 PM
Which sbf did you try? And what method? RSD Lite, Linux distro, etc

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Cananot
07-15-2012, 04:22 PM
Which sbf did you try? And what method? RSD Lite, Linux distro, etc

Linux that was the only way I could do it I tried RSDlite but the start button was always shaded but it saw the phone.VRZ_MB810_4.5.605_1FF01.sbf is what I used to flash it

fezrock
07-15-2012, 04:35 PM
Did you check the md5 checksum of the Linux download? If it matches then it's okay. If not, that's probably the problem. You can find plenty of free checkers online. Just Google md5.

Goose306
07-15-2012, 05:38 PM
Also data/cache wipe post-SBF?

Sent from my SCH-I535

Cananot
07-15-2012, 05:47 PM
Also data/cache wipe post-SBF?

Sent from my SCH-I535

Yes I did but it was a tough time getting into clockwork I don't understand what happened ..Now I did a stupid move and did the OTA update so now I'm on 4.5.621 droid 2.3.4 and I just did a factory wipe and the strange part is my personal wall paper came up instead of the stock wall paper??? Still having issues with opening apps they open and close just as fast as I opened them and when I sleep the phone it turns it self back on..It's freaking nuts I been downloading different sbf files and there all the same nothing is fixing it I haven't dropped it or got it wet nothing and its not working.I don't know what to do I just downloaded a 621 sbf I guess gonna flash that and see what happens

Cananot
07-15-2012, 09:22 PM
Did you check the md5 checksum of the Linux download? If it matches then it's okay. If not, that's probably the problem. You can find plenty of free checkers online. Just Google md5.

Ok md5 what is that ? Ok I will google it

Goose306
07-15-2012, 11:30 PM
Here's the steps to a happy phone REGARDLESS of where you are at (assuming the hardware isn't busted somehow)

If you can, get into stock recovery. Wipe Data/Cache.

SBF to the file of your choice (in your case, .621 if via RSD Lite, .604 if want to root)

Important: make sure the SBF is done right. If using RSD Lite, make sure you are checking all the boxes to make sure its operating properly. (drivers, usb cable, RSD Lite version, MD5, usb plug, Windows version, UAC, etc etc) or Linux/1KDS (usb cable, MD5, usb plug, etc)

If you were unable to enter stock recovery pre-SBF, battery pull it AFTER the SBF is done, while it attempts to boot the first time. Put it back in, enter stock recovery (home+power) wipe data/cache. Boot out.

If your phone still has issues after an SBF and factory reset, and you confirmed all the above steps (ESPECIALLY the SBF step - and that it is done correct - RSD Lite is finicky - I cannot stress that enough. It will say its done when nothing is transferred) and it is STILL not working - then your hardware is broken. As an SBF is restoring everything except for the user-modified portion to bone-stock (this includes /system, /preinstall, the recovery image, the boot image (kernel) the CDT, CDROM, etc, etc....) and a data wipe and cache wipe is clearing out all user data. This is "from the factory" - nothing can fix it software side at least if both steps are confirmed as 100% successful.