PDA

View Full Version : 3500 starting voltage?

glshub
07-14-2012, 04:49 AM
Just got a replacement from GG. It will only charge to 4000 and change. I did as told as far as the drain and charge cycles.

Should be 4200 right?

Sent from my Milestone X using Droid X Forums

BHuber09
07-14-2012, 02:28 PM
What size battery is it?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

glshub
07-15-2012, 10:11 AM

Nemo aeternamn
07-15-2012, 06:19 PM
4.2 volts? Yes.. That's where it should be fully charged... but the phone is progress to read full before it's really full... and while sitting in a charged one it reaches 100% charge.. it will keep switching between battery and the charger so it doesn't keep the battery at full capacity... so it will bounce around... and it's normal

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Droid X Forums

glshub
07-16-2012, 08:23 AM
It quits charging right around 4200 then when I unplug charger it drops to 4000 and change. The oem battery gauge drops immediately when I unplug it also. The other ones I have had hold better at first.

Think I should send it back? Already spent $6 to send last one back. At least it lasted a few months. I have another one that lasted a year. Still works better than this one

BHuber09
07-16-2012, 08:48 AM
It quits charging right around 4200 then when I unplug charger it drops to 4000 and change. The oem battery gauge drops immediately when I unplug it also. The other ones I have had hold better at first.

Think I should send it back? Already spent $6 to send last one back. At least it lasted a few months. I have another one that lasted a year. Still works better than this one

No, that's how every battery ive ever had and seen has done. I don't think it'll change. And with a 3500 it won't be much of a difference anyways hah

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Nemo aeternamn
07-16-2012, 12:53 PM
It didn't sound bad.. once it reaches the right voltage.. it could still be trickling power into it... it's not bad if you leave it in the charger for awhile.. it'll take care of it's self.. I'd say.. let it sit on the charger for a bit longer.. like another twenty minutes to half hour or so(I leave mine on the charger all night with no I'll affect on the battery)

So try that first before trying to return it

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Droid X Forums

glshub
07-20-2012, 11:19 AM
Do you guys alway turn your phone off to charge it? I just wondered. I don't always turn mine off because someone might need to contact me at night.

jeems
07-20-2012, 11:39 AM
My phone is never off unless the battery dies unexpectedly.

DroidX.xparent.green

Nemo aeternamn
07-20-2012, 02:37 PM
The only time mine is actually off.. when u pull the battery to switch it out

Cellar Door