PDA

View Full Version : droid x will not un-rom or un-root

stimpyerin
07-10-2012, 08:22 PM
I want to take my droid x back to stock without using linux.. My husband just upgraded his phone to the razr and I got his droid x... He has it rooted and has the vortex rom on it... After I restored all of my apps thru titanium backup, my market and a few other apps are force closing... I have tried several times to unroot it and go back to stock using Pete's motorola root tools and every time it says its successful, it still boots up with his animations and all the root apps... Please help

ems3
07-10-2012, 10:14 PM
To go back stock you need to sbf. Have you ever done a sbf or has your husband. If so sbf and you're back stock without root

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

phrase
07-10-2012, 10:52 PM
If you have "SuperSU" root manager app go to its settings>Full unroot. Then your deivce back to the unroot status. If you don't have install the app in play store. Apart from that, you can use "Unlock root" windows software to unroot your device.

How To Easily Unroot Any Android Phone With App [ APK] (http://www.thespicygadgematics.com/2012/06/how-to-easily-unroot-any-android-phone.html)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.chainfire.supersu&hl=en

stimpyerin
07-11-2012, 12:02 AM
I switched back to my Samsung Fascinate for a while and had him mess with it some more and he finally got it done using SBF! Now I'm back to the X... It's just rooted for now, until I find a ROM that I like enough to put on it... One question off topic a little, can I put ICS on this phone without a rom? I had it on the Fascinate for a while and I loved it, just the ROM kept my flash from working so I took it off... Thank you guys for your help!

fezrock
07-11-2012, 12:10 AM
I switched back to my Samsung Fascinate for a while and had him mess with it some more and he finally got it done using SBF! Now I'm back to the X... It's just rooted for now, until I find a ROM that I like enough to put on it... One question off topic a little, can I put ICS on this phone without a rom? I had it on the Fascinate for a while and I loved it, just the ROM kept my flash from working so I took it off... Thank you guys for your help!

The only ICS the DX will ever see is via ROM.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2