PDA

View Full Version : connectivity-droidx to pc as well as updates

d_silk1979
07-07-2012, 02:08 AM
-my droid x says I am current on my updates: System version 2.3.320 MB810.Verizon.en.us, Android version 2.2.1....I don't believe this to be accurate with.
-I wanted to flash to .605 but my pc is not recognizing my device. I kept reading in forums to make sure the drivers are installed on my pc but when trying to do this all I find on the motorola site is a program that is suppose to check for drivers the next time I attach my device via usb. This isn't working b/c the pc isn't recognizing the device and therefore wont update drivers. I'm stuck in this stupid loop. My device says it is up to date which I think is inaccurate and my pc won't recognize my device so I can't flash to .605. I followed the troubleshooting steps on motorola site and got no where. whats my next step?

Goose306
07-07-2012, 02:30 AM
2.2.1 is most definitely out-dated... question (or a couple actually):

are you rooted, or are you OK to be rooted (don't have a problem with it)? It could potentially make the process a lot easier on you.

When you go to Settings and request an update, it says its the latest, is that correct?

What exactly are you trying to accomplish via hooking your phone to PC? Hooking it up doesn't sync to the latest version of Android, if you are attempting to it via PC update we will need to use either RSD Lite or a 1KDS disc. Both should work fine, however the 1KDS discs have less incompatibilities (but you won't get the new radio) what were you attempting to do?

Like I said in the first post, depending on what you are trying to do we might be able to make this a lot easier for you if you are rooted, being as there is a pre-rooted .605 .zip file that just needs to be flashed in secondary (Clockwork) recovery if thats the case. Root is required first though...

d_silk1979
07-07-2012, 09:03 AM
My objective is to get my phone up to date. I have know idea why this device wont acknowledge that my phone isn't up to date and get the OTA's...? Nor can I understand why my phone isn't acknowledged by my pc. If it was I could just flash to .605. which is why I was trying to connect to my pc as well as mp3 stuff but that isn't really valid to our discussion. I'm not really apposed to rooting, I just don't have any reason to. I'd root if that's what needed to be done but I don't wont to avoid any underlying issues to make it easier. I'd like to get this device back on track, if you know what I mean. That's another way of phrasing my objective here, getting this device back on track.

I was rooted at one time but I thought I had reset back to factory. Maybe this is part of my issue.?.?