PDA

View Full Version : Droid X and I tunes

MaryCat26
08-24-2010, 10:18 PM
I want to transfer my Itunes songs to my Droid X. My service is Verizon and when I connect my phone to the computer and open I tunes, I do not see the icon Device where I can sync my itunes to the phone. Instead my computer switches to VCast and downloads music I have stored in the media player but I really want my I tune music installed. I downloaded the application ISync thinking that would help me sync i tunes but it isn't. Would appreciate any advice. Thank you

smalltowngirl13
08-24-2010, 10:52 PM
Hello again - since I suggested iSyncr - I will try and help ;)...iSyncr will sync playlists so if your iTunes is sorted into playlists, then it works great - if you have minimal or no playlists, it does not sync single songs.....

If not, there is an app called DoubleTwist in the market - it is somewhat buggy for some and works fine for some. There is also software from Sony (MediaGo) which if you google, you can download and it will sync with your iTunes account and then you can connect your phone via USB mass storage mode and transfer your music - it will transfer album art, etc...

Hope that helps...

Asharad
08-24-2010, 11:26 PM
Would a moderator kindly sticky the largest of the iTunes threads? This has become a daily question, and is worthy of a FAQ or Sticky. Thanks!

PS - I still say the best way to send songs to your DroidX is using Windows Media Player. It can grab all your iTunes stuff and with one button, it can send all the songs to the phone. It worked so nicely, that I uninstalled iTunes (because I HATE how apple stores the files).

eric eakin
08-24-2010, 11:49 PM
why not just copy them via usb cable like a normal file to your phone? (then again, i have waay to much to set up any type of sync.)

*not intended as a question, more or less an alternate suggestion.

fasthair
08-25-2010, 12:21 AM
PS - I still say the best way to send songs to your DroidX is using Windows Media Player. It can grab all your iTunes stuff and with one button, it can send all the songs to the phone. It worked so nicely, that I uninstalled iTunes (because I HATE how apple stores the files).

I agree and this is how I pushed all of my music to my DX. I too HATE iTunes and was never so happy as when I got to uninstall the junk software off my PC. I've asked many times but is there any software on a PC worse than that stuff?

fasthair

DebianDog
08-25-2010, 04:40 AM

Then I would have to run that horrid OS! <Shutter> More than 20% of the people on this planet do not use Windozes.

why not just copy them via usb cable like a normal file to your phone? (then again, i have waay to much to set up any type of sync.)

You answered your own question LOL

Asharad
08-25-2010, 05:39 AM
Then I would have to run that horrid OS! <Shutter> More than 20% of the people on this planet do not use Windozes. True. Since the OP didn't mention their OS, I assume it to be Windows.