PDA

View Full Version : Ics

hj4044
07-03-2012, 12:13 AM
Im sad to say ics has ruined my Droid razr and this is the 2nd time an update has ruined it for me. Can't believe I'd ever say this but im really considering the iPhone :/

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid X Forums

gbrinn
07-03-2012, 06:23 AM
Why don't you try asking the pros over on the RAZR forum. They're better equipped to help you. Unfortunately, no one can really help you with your problem(s) here.

Sent from my DROIDX using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

hj4044
07-03-2012, 03:58 PM
Ya I know I tried but that forum wasn't easy to use now that my phone sucks... and I used to always get help on here no matter what but it seems like that wont happen anymore...

Wrapped
07-03-2012, 04:12 PM
You're not giving us much to go by. What is it doing? Does the update itself lock up, like the latest update for the X have a tendency to do and throw you in boot loader? Or is it not running well?

hj4044
07-03-2012, 04:47 PM
The home launcher is really slow and sometimes not responsive. My browser has trouble with some flash videos and freezes. I have a lot of dropped signals. Phone is hotter than ever before. Inconsistent with installing or uninstalling apps. Battery drains really fast now. Pictures quality has gotten blurry. Force closes several apps. Quality in HDMI connection has downgraded as well

HarleyDude
07-03-2012, 04:58 PM
With as many issues as you are having, I would suggest a factory reset. You can try clearing cache only first, as it won't wipe your data, but I think you're gonna have to try the factory reset with all your issues.
Might want to look at an alternate launcher, I'm using Apex, very smooth, it and Nova Launcher were developed for ICS. I also didn't like the stock browser, I'm using maxthon, you may want to consider an alternate.
As for battery, run your phone for a few days, many have experienced better/good battery after it's had time to settle in.

You will get more help at Droid RAZR Forum - Motorola Droid RAZR Community - Active Topics (http://www.razrforums.com/index.php?pageid=active_topics), you'll see quite a few names from here over there

hj4044
07-03-2012, 05:24 PM
Thanx! But it wont even let me factory reset. It starts like it is then just stops :/ very weird. Is there any way I could root 4.0.4 to maybe throw on a custom rom with a better os?

HarleyDude
07-03-2012, 05:47 PM
Thanx! But it wont even let me factory reset. It starts like it is then just stops :/ very weird. Is there any way I could root 4.0.4 to maybe throw on a custom rom with a better os?

If you are having that many problems a ROM might not help, you may want to consider warranty replacement before rooting (if you can), as there is no recovery for ICS 211 yet.
You can root it, ICS 211 Root (http://www.razrforums.com/forum/droid-razr-ics-development/2203-ics-211-root.html)
You can install a custom ICS ROM, I don't have links handy

tribals
07-03-2012, 08:19 PM
That's odd you cant even get in to do a factory reset?! They are a few people that had to factory reset to clear issues. : would keep trying.

I was lucky enough that i didn't have to and ICS runs perfect.

Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx

fezrock
07-03-2012, 09:41 PM
I agree seeking a warranty replacement might be the trick.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

hj4044
07-03-2012, 11:08 PM
Ya seems like I am. Its actually would probably still have gingerbread. If it did come with gingerbread couldn't I root it and freeze the update?