PDA

View Full Version : Ways to stop calls and texts using titanium

tbt666
07-02-2012, 04:49 PM
So i was wondering if theres a way to turn off (using titanium backup) text messeging and calling so that you can still use your phone and data but not have texts or calls. I tryed freezing the text messeging app but when i tryed sending some texts to my phone with my friends phone and unfreezing the text messeging app, the messeges i sent never came thru so, my question is, is there a way to do it so when your ready you can turn it back on and get all your text messeges that where sent while you had it off to come thru? calling i know will just go right to voice mail if theres a way to do it??

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

BHuber09
07-02-2012, 05:11 PM
Silent mode? Haha

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

maybish
07-02-2012, 07:42 PM
Try turning on airplane mode and then tuning on wifi. Kinda like being on a plane. You should get everything when you turn airplane mode off.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

tbt666
07-03-2012, 12:06 AM
Yea I still couldnt get data......... the reason I wanted to know was because when ur using wifi tether and u get a call/ message the data flickers off which depending on what ur doing it makes a big difference so that's way I wanted to know if there's a way to stop texts and calls but still have data but still get those texts after ur done or start it back up.

BHuber09
07-03-2012, 12:34 AM
What you can try is switching your network from home to automatic or vice versa. I'm not sure where it is anymore but I want to say location in the settings app. It'd be worth a try.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

stewie griffin
07-03-2012, 12:12 PM
Go to your dialer and type *#*#4636#*#* it'll bring up a menu for phone, battery, etc. Touch phone, then scroll down the screen to the pull down for network type. From there you can select EvDo then your phone will only use the data signal. You may possibly receive text messages, but you won't be able to send them, and phone calls won't be possible. To switch back, just select the original network type (cdma auto prl). Hope this helps

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid X Forums

XxXxX
07-04-2012, 12:02 AM
Go to your dialer and type *#*#4636#*#* it'll bring up a menu for phone, battery, etc. Touch phone, then scroll down the screen to the pull down for network type. From there you can select EvDo then your phone will only use the data signal. You may possibly receive text messages, but you won't be able to send them, and phone calls won't be possible. To switch back, just select the original network type (cdma auto prl). Hope this helps

That's pretty cool, good info.

ems3
07-04-2012, 06:12 AM
+1 that's great info stewie

stewie griffin
07-04-2012, 06:42 PM
Glad to help. It also works on the razr/maxx on ics. Couldn't access while it was on gb though. As said before, take note of the original settings before changing anything

tbt666
07-04-2012, 11:52 PM
Yea thanx a TON I tested it and turns out the texts shut off to THANX A WHOLE LOT FOR THE INFO IT REALLY HELPS.