PDA

View Full Version : Catching a hacker

xDroidxx
06-26-2012, 09:33 PM
Need some guru help. I have searched the web and no one seems to posses the skills of catching a hacker.

Date: Dec. 8th 2011 - I allow a (friend) access to my droid X2 to load some programs for me as it was my first smart phone. I happen to be hanging out with someone that my (friend) was into. Over the next 3 months any time i would contact her or she would contact me, I would get a response from (friend) that made me question how the (friend) knew i had been talking to her. After joking about hacking one of our phones i had realized he had access to my phone and i understand there are programs out there like SMS tracker agent that would be just the tool to monitor our correspodance without me knowing. What i would like to do is enlist an experts help to first find out if my phone has been hacked. Further after review how a program like SMS tracker agent works i assume there is a way to find out where it is sending the information.

If it is found that i have been hacked and can track down whom, then i believe i get to turn some evidence over to authorities.

Please help.

Thanks

saul1991
06-26-2012, 09:54 PM
Thats what you get for being shady and hanging out with soneone your friend likes lol jk Just check your apps to make sure there isn't any weird app you didn't install or just do a factory reset (will erase everything)

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

xDroidxx
06-26-2012, 10:20 PM
I agree - it turned out to be a bad idea anyways but saw something i wanted and went after it. Before I do wipe my system, i was hoping to gather enough info to do something about it. I really want to know if he knew the whole time because after a few months of not talking she contacted me out of the blue just to say hi and he contacted me within 10 min of her text seemingly out of the blue as well.. There has to be a way to track a hacker(ex-friend).

Goose306
06-26-2012, 10:22 PM
I agree - it turned out to be a bad idea anyways but saw something i wanted and went after it. Before I do wipe my system, i was hoping to gather enough info to do something about it. I really want to know if he knew the whole time because after a few months of not talking she contacted me out of the blue just to say hi and he contacted me within 10 min of her text seemingly out of the blue as well.. There has to be a way to track a hacker(ex-friend).

Get alogcat from the market. Send a text. Check and see if the logs indicate texting is going out to any unknown/untrusted apps and/or processes you don't see.

Nemo aeternamn
06-26-2012, 10:29 PM
It you can go into settings/applications/manage applications and look for a text tracking app... like a bf/gf tracker to monitor if they are cheating... some of those apps hide themselves from the app drawer

"I'll get you my little pretty... and your little dog todo too"
"I don't even have a little dog todo"

xDroidxx
06-26-2012, 11:09 PM
Thanks for this post - I will give it a shot.