PDA

View Full Version : Galaxy SIII vs. Motorola Droid Razr

brucebanner77
06-26-2012, 08:05 PM
I have to decide before 7pm tomorrow of which phone I will get. At first I was hands down going to get the Galaxy S3, but today I was informed by Verizon Reps that the Droid Razr will be receiving an Ice Cream Sandwich update very soon (like within the next month). So now I'm back to square one. Im still leaning toward the S3 because of the specs being up and beyond the Razr, and also because it will have less bloat than the Razr. So which do you suggest, the Galaxy S3 or the Moto Razr

akeezy
06-26-2012, 08:59 PM
RAZR ICS started going OTA yesterday or today if I'm correct

tribals
06-26-2012, 10:06 PM
They are in testing now, but rumor is tomorrow they will be releasing ICS OTA.

I had to get a Razr Maxx to keep my unlimited and i love it! The GS3 is nice also! Can't go wrong with either.

Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx

akeezy
06-27-2012, 12:21 AM
I don't know if anyone else saw this, but I read an article about a guys SG3 catching on fire while it was just sitting there untouched. I saw it on my flipboard yesterday

saul1991
06-27-2012, 01:05 AM
I don't know if anyone else saw this, but I read an article about a guys SG3 catching on fire while it was just sitting there untouched. I saw it on my flipboard yesterday

Ahh man if you see it again link please but I'm going to Google and see if I can are anything

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

akeezy
06-27-2012, 03:30 AM
You'll definitely find an article about it on Google. Here's one with the pics but not a full article

http://codenametech.com/?p=6895

B360155
06-27-2012, 06:06 AM
I went from the Droid X to the Razr Maxx last Thursday and am VERY happy with my decision. I wanted to keep unlimited and be able to do so while getting the subsidized phone price and my decision was between the SGS3 and the Razr Maxx. Droid Life had some very good video reviews of the SGS3 and after viewing their demos of the software and new "features", I decided to stick with Motorola. Samsung's Siri-like app doesn't appear to work very well at all and a lot of their new software to make sharing easier is only good with other SGS3 owners, so is useless if you don't know anyone else with an SGS3. Also, TouchWiz didn't really do anything for me. The 4.8 inch screen looked nice and the 2 GB RAM was attractive, but I didn't want to buy a phone sight unseen and thought that actually, a 4.8 inch screen might be going too far. Also, Samsung phone radios in the past have a reputation for not getting good reception on VZW's CDMA/4G LTE network.

I've been very pleased so far with the Razr Maxx as it's a significant improvement from the DX. Much faster and more stable. Screen looks great to me. Latest Blur is much improved and yes, ICS should be released to the masses any day now as it's already being SOAK tested. And, of course, the 3300 mAh battery is awesome! In the end, the SGS3 may turn out to be a great phone, but I'm happy with the decision I made to go with the Razr Maxx!! Good luck!

devo1929
06-27-2012, 06:09 AM

As a commenter pointed out, the fire spot was near the charging port. Most likely the person used a cheap 3rd party charger.

Sent from my DROIDX

eric eakin
06-27-2012, 07:28 AM
There was a post with the fire thing on the s3forums and it was from the charger but that is only a single incident.

And as far as the keeping your unlimited deal, if you pre ordered the s3, your contract is locked in to whatever it was the day you pre order and confirm tne payment.

Sent from my Droid Xyboard!

B360155
06-27-2012, 08:01 AM
True that you are locked in on an SGS3 pre-order, but it has to be done by end of day today. Also, I asked a VZW salesperson what would happen if I pre-ordered the SGS3 before 6/28, then decided to exchange for another phone within the allotted 14-day exchange window once I received the phone in July and he told me that I would have to pay full retail price for the new phone if I wanted to keep unlimited data. I could still pay the subsidized price, but would then be forced to the new shared data plans.

Kench
06-27-2012, 08:16 AM
You could sell the phone if you don't like it. You'd get at least 500+, you'd lose money in the end though.

Sent from my DROIDX on MIUI 4.5