PDA

View Full Version : Droid X disconnects router & won't connect to Wi-Fi

sixxstarz
06-26-2012, 04:00 AM
Hello.. the past couple days my phone keeps disconnecting from my home router and wenever I try connecting the router basically turns off and restarts.. all my other devices at home stay connected besides my phone.. I don't understand why this happened out of nowhere, its very frustrating because I rely on wi fi since I have bad 3g service where I live.. can anyone please help I would greatly appreciate it ..thanks

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Goose306
06-26-2012, 08:33 AM
Hello.. the past couple days my phone keeps disconnecting from my home router and wenever I try connecting the router basically turns off and restarts.. all my other devices at home stay connected besides my phone.. I don't understand why this happened out of nowhere, its very frustrating because I rely on wi fi since I have bad 3g service where I live.. can anyone please help I would greatly appreciate it ..thanks

Rooted or stock?
ROM/System Version?
WIFI Security (ex WPA/WEP)?
Do you find your Droid X's MAC address changing as well?

Sent from my Wiz Wiz MIUI!

sixxstarz
06-26-2012, 03:46 PM
I have a rooted X running wiz's MIUI..

Goose306
06-26-2012, 06:01 PM
I have a rooted X running wiz's MIUI..

You try the wifi fix in the boot menu?

Sent from my Wiz Wiz MIUI!

sixxstarz
06-26-2012, 10:21 PM
No i havent.. wat should I do exactly? Thanks

Goose306
06-26-2012, 10:53 PM
No i havent.. wat should I do exactly? Thanks

Reboot into bootmenu, go to fixes, then do the nvs_map.bin fix. That would be a good place to start.

Sent from my secret shadow build.

sixxstarz
06-26-2012, 11:27 PM
I just tried it and rebooted my phone, went to wi fi it connected for 5seconds then disconnected again.. wat else could I do? Is it the router maybe?

WetToWet
10-21-2012, 08:37 PM
My router has been droping all day . i have a 2wire modem with att. Wetll today my modem has been disconnecting all day . come to find out . it is my android phone causing the modem to drop . when i turn connect the wifi to the modem . my computer internet drops and so does the modem. it happens in about 3 seconds . so i disable the phones wifi and the computer starts back working and so does the modem . so i reset my android back to default to the day i bought it . and it still has the same issues . what is going on . why the sudden change?

Leach19m
10-21-2012, 08:52 PM
I doubt it's the phone that is actually causing the issue. Perhaps the issue is the router is having issues and can't accommodate that many IP addresses and goes on the fritz (for lack of actual technical knowledge of the subject). Routers don't last forever, and I've noticed that you get what you pay for.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2