PDA

View Full Version : Soo Very Aggravated!!!

INGODSHANDS357
06-25-2012, 07:19 PM
Im posting this in the rescue squad forum because im so very close to just chucking my dx at the wall! These last three weeks it has been nothing but a p.o.s. I dont know what happened, but since i moved to this diff town it just doesnt seem to want to do anything. My internet sucks, it takes forever to load, download, boot apps, error problems left and right, and my keyboard lags whenever i type something. I got some help from some peeps on here and so i sbfed my phone. Didnt help, kinda made it worse. So i tried it again using sbf linux by 1kds and then rooted. At first i thought it had done the trick... now im still getting the same issues as before. I am super frustrated and to the point of breaking this thing and getting a new refurbished one through my insurance and starting over... so please help me rescue this thing. Im stumped as to y its doing this. Thanks much

DroidlynnXDoes
06-25-2012, 07:25 PM
I've been having the same issue Xcept i love my X too much to hurt her. But i would sure like to know how to fix this issue too. Im too much afraid to root or sbf since i took the. 621 update, and Moto made it where its.difficult to do either

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

DBH_Nick
06-25-2012, 07:30 PM
Few weeks ago mine was lagging alot and fc here n their. Did a factory reset and their hasn't been a hickup since. Maybe try a factory reset.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

INGODSHANDS357
06-25-2012, 07:35 PM
Im tempted to take the 621 update in hopes of it fixing my issue... plus its always popping up every hour saying it wants to upgrade... gr annoying. Im not sure y its being like this... like i try to watch a youtube video, and even tho i have full bars the vid will play like 5 seconds and then have to load, over and over. Same when i try to watch something on netflix, or preview a song before i download it. Even tho i have full bars it takes this page like 2 or 3 min to load. Not to mention its draining my battery like crazy cuz its constantly loading... gr

INGODSHANDS357
06-25-2012, 07:42 PM
When it first started to do this i ended up factory resetting on account of i tried to reinstall my backup... for some teason it wasnt in the file anymore... so it screwed everything up. I had to sbf because it would get stuck in the initial boot up proccess. So i sbfed and factory reset again. Nothing. Same issues. I tried 1kds linuxby sbf method and then rooted. Same issues.

INGODSHANDS357
06-25-2012, 08:03 PM
Also i was thinking about sbf again calling verizon from a diff phone to trouble shoot this one. Or do i even need to sbf in order to do that. Will they know im rooted? Another thought because i want to flash another rom but im worried that if i do that it will still have the same issues because i didnt get them fixed before i flashed. Would be pointless. Or could it actually fix my problem?

newmanx4
06-25-2012, 08:09 PM
Sounds like you just have a defective phone. SBF'ing puts it back to brand new out of the box condition. If it still has these problems after that I'd definitely call Verizon.

Sent from my AOKP'd DROID X

INGODSHANDS357
06-25-2012, 08:15 PM
Sounds like you just have a defective phone. SBF'ing puts it back to brand new out of the box condition. If it still has these problems after that I'd definitely call Verizon.Sent from my AOKP'd DROID XI was starting to wonder if it was actually the phone itself... but it was working just fine a month ago... do i need to sbf before i call them?

newmanx4
06-25-2012, 09:39 PM
Not if you're just calling them. Only if you're taking it to a store.

Sent from my AOKP'd DROID X

HarleyDude
06-26-2012, 11:48 AM
I was starting to wonder if it was actually the phone itself... but it was working just fine a month ago... do i need to sbf before i call them?

OP says your phone was working fine till you moved to a different town. It sounds more like Vz has a network issue in your new town rather than the phone going bad when you moved

csk415
06-26-2012, 02:43 PM
Im posting this in the rescue squad forum because im so very close to just chucking my dx at the wall! These last three weeks it has been nothing but a p.o.s. I dont know what happened, but since i moved to this diff town it just doesnt seem to want to do anything. My internet sucks, it takes forever to load, download, boot apps, error problems left and right, and my keyboard lags whenever i type something. I got some help from some peeps on here and so i sbfed my phone. Didnt help, kinda made it worse. So i tried it again using sbf linux by 1kds and then rooted. At first i thought it had done the trick... now im still getting the same issues as before. I am super frustrated and to the point of breaking this thing and getting a new refurbished one through my insurance and starting over... so please help me rescue this thing. Im stumped as to y its doing this. Thanks much Did you load all your apps and data back on to the phone with tibu after sbf? If you did you might have some corupt data messing with the phone. You can do a factory reset and use it without all your apps or a limited few for a few days to see what happens. As far as reception goes you could try this http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/gingerbread-development-hacking/45095-15p-flashable-radio.html You will have to sbf to froyo but getting back to 605 looks easy. How does your phone act over wifi?

Goose306
06-26-2012, 03:59 PM
I have a couple thoughts here:

First, you said the issue started when you got to a new town. This leads me to believe its a reception issue, which unfortunately is not really resolvable.

Of course recommend the *228 Option 1 (assuming already done)

Also as CSK stated the 15p radio is recommended as it tends to have better performance.

It may just also be a Verizon dead spot. My parent's house used to be that way until they got a new tower. I'd only get 1-2 bars, and the reception was so crappy it would drain my battery in less than 2 hours just untouched on 3G, because it was searching so hard and scanning/dropping. It would also cause mad lag because all the apps would be syncing/desyncing on their cycles as the radio was constantly connecting/disconnecting.

If that's the case, unfortunately there is little you can do, short of changing the carrier. Its not a phone issue, its a Verizon issue, and any phone within that range will have that issue.

Personal suggestion, as you are comfortable with the SBF/reset procedure.

Follow what csk posted, do an SBF to Froyo. Root'n bootstrap, flash that .15p AIO zip. Its going to put you back on .605 GB with the latest radio. Don't install any extra apps for a day or two. Just run it stock, rooted, with the new radio. See if it feels better. If it does, it is either your apps or the radio. Start adding in your apps, if you start noticing issues, its the apps. If it runs good after a few days with all the apps loaded, it was probably a reception issue but the new (stronger) 15p radio resolved it.

Few other suggestions:

Don't take the .621 update. The only beneficial part you would get in your situation is the new 15p radio, as already discussed that can be gotten without going to .621.

Rooting it is not going to the resolution of lag or other issues. Rooting it is a gateway to a solution. What you do with root is what is important. Freeze the bloat in Titanium, change your SDCard speeds if your loading apps on your SD, overclock it. Run an aftermarket ROM. My phone has never been happier except when its running Wizard0f0's MIUI. Its quick, snappy, gets great battery life, awesome customizability, super stable (going on 2 weeks currently with no reboots, I know plenty that have gone months). I'm even underclocked 200 cycles below stock (800 mhz) and its more responsive then it would ever be on stock. Lack of bloat and optimized code makes worlds of difference.

csk415
06-26-2012, 04:36 PM
Some dang good finger licking info right there^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Goose, when it comes to clear explanations you hit it dead on. Some of that is what I was thinking but yet you see what hit the keyboard. Well said.

Edit ..... I nominate goose for spotlight member of the month.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2