PDA

View Full Version : Please help me with this error code....

LorettaGibbs
06-23-2012, 01:16 PM
My phone accepted an update that I didn't authorize.... now this is the error my phone has and I can't figure out how to fix it....

this is what the screen says:

Bootloader
Err: A5, 70, 00, 00, 23

Battery OK
OK to program
Transfer Mode:
USB

clothednblack
06-23-2012, 02:31 PM
That is your bootloader screen and also is what you would use to sbf your phone, which you may need to do, it appears that the update was incomplete or corrupted. You may wanna try a factory reset and see if you can get past this error.

Step 1. Make sure your device is fully powered down/off Step 2. Press and hold the Volume Down, as well as the Home Button on your device Step 3. While keeping those 2 buttons pressed down, also press on the Power button Step 4. Once you see your screen flicker/flash (note: You might have to press a key on your device to see that you are actually booted into the Stock Recovery). Step 5. Once completed you should see a triangle, hit both volume buttons and then select factory reset.
If this doesn't work, then I would say you need to sbf to fix it.

teleported from MI Wizardry UI DXtreme

Goose306
06-23-2012, 02:34 PM
You need to SBF. This is a known issue with the .621 update and the Droid X, some phones take it, some don't. But rather than refusing the update it just gives bootloader errors.

The .602 or .605 SBF is what you are looking for. Go to the link below, it will give you the files needed (you will need RSD Lite, a PC program, an SBF file, and your OEM charging cable). After SBFing I would highly recommend rooting so you could block that update going forward and avoid the issue possibly re-occuring.

Here is the guide/link for the downloads:

[Guide] Flashing Droid X SBF - Droid X - RootzWiki
(http://rootzwiki.com/topic/331-guide-flashing-droid-x-sbf/)
If you get issues with RSD Lite (happens sometimes) there is another way to flash it. Use the method here (using same version .602/.605):

http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-sbf/23638-linux-solution-your-windows-rsd-lite-problems.html

solfour
06-23-2012, 02:50 PM
I had the the same exact problem a couple months ago before I forced myself to learn about sbf'ing, rooting, and flashing ROMs. At that point (in my noobish mindset :p) my solution was to call up Verizon and whine to the service Rep to get me a new phone... Now that I know all that good stuff I feel so silly because I could've solved that problem on my own :)

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums