PDA

View Full Version : Messaging Errors - Duplicate and Late Text

Rostan
06-23-2012, 09:03 AM
For the past couple months I have been having a very annoying issue. During a text conversation I will sometimes recieve the same text message 2 to 5 times. This happens fairly often. Sometimes I will be texting with someone and receive a duplicate text that they might have sent me a day or more ago. I have also been told that people not often but sometimes get duplicate text from me.

Things I have tried so far:

1. Factory Reset - No Help
2. Delete Tex Cache after Factory Reset - No Help
3. Called Verizon who offered no other options so they sent me a replacement phone - No Help

Since the same issue happens with a new phone I assume it must be something else. However, Verzizon claims there is nothing showing wrong on their end of things. This isues is very annoying and after searching the web it seems I am not the only Droid X user wit this issue. I think it might have something to do with the latest Google update since it is not the phone and Verizon claims it's not them.

Any help is appreciated.

newmanx4
06-23-2012, 09:16 AM
That is a known issue for the Droid X. It comes and goes. There's really nothing you can do about it.

Sent from my AOKP'd DROID X

planejumper73
10-15-2012, 11:21 AM
It only happened with my DX when I was recieving texts from people on the Sprint network.

GoCliffGo05
10-15-2012, 12:13 PM
Happens on the X2 also from time to time...

Sent from my X2 using DXF