PDA

View Full Version : Time to move on?

Intimdtr77
06-17-2012, 11:44 PM
My contract with he big V is up and I am due for a new phone. I didn't plan on going with a new one because I have been so happy with my X now that is has been rooted (MIUI). But, all this talk about them doing away with unlimited data has gotten me thinking about securing a new contract with a new phone since I am still grand fathered.

I have really enjoyed my time here at DXF and really enjoyed the people and the wealth of knowledge you possess. I have learned a ton about my phone and what it can do. I'm not sure I can deal with going back Moto Blur and not have the ability to change what I want when I want. Let alone not having a place to learn about my new phone like I did the X.

The only phone I have really looked at is the Razr Maxx. Thoughts?

HarleyDude
06-18-2012, 06:10 AM
The maxx is a good phone, imo, it's the first real upgrade to the X that moto made. Stop over at Droid RAZR Forum - Motorola Droid RAZR Community (http://www.razrforums.com/forum/forum.php), you'll see a bunch of familiar names

mhans311
06-18-2012, 07:02 AM
I think you can pre order the galaxy s3 and keep your unlimited plan. That's what I would do.

Bionic'd from my tapatalk.

stewie griffin
06-18-2012, 08:11 AM
I love my razr maxx. It can be easily rooted and debloated, or have a custom rom installed. I'm running eclipse on mine, and have been for a few weeks now. It's different enough from the x to still feel new, but familiar enough to have minimal learning curve. Plus with the price having dropped so much, you couldn't go wrong with it. And as Harleydude said, definitly check out razrforums. Great info on that site. Good luck with whatever you choose to pick up. Last I heard, June 27 is the last day to grandfather in unlimited data
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid X Forums

Intimdtr77
06-20-2012, 11:02 PM
I didn't even kn ow they put a date on it yet! I better get things taken care of.

Thanks for the reference to Razr forums. Maybe I'll migrate over there. I'm hoping MIUI is avail on it. I have really gotten used to it.