PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible - ICS with working camera and mms?

Chickenofthewoods
06-17-2012, 01:08 PM
Hi guys. I haven't flashed before. Not sure what's current, what's possible, and which ROMs are working at all, much less well.

Seems like not a ton of activity around here, either.

Regardless, I'm sick of stock, and might soon retire this thing from the provider, at which point it's merely a badass WIFI toy.

So. Can I flash to ICS using one of these ROMs and still have a working camera? What about mms?

I'm not completely helpless, but reading these threads does quickly go over my head. I can install linux to USB (for flashing, if necessary) and I can back up what I need, I think, but then what?

Please advise, thank you.

droidx2.3.3
06-17-2012, 05:16 PM
Your currently on froyo. To flash ics you need to be on ginger bread. .605. If you search for sbf that'll get us goin

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Chickenofthewoods
06-17-2012, 06:52 PM
So can I just let the OTA update happen? I've just been dismissing the prompt for months, out of some irrational fear that it would **** **** up. I'm rooted, but that's it.

I'm imagining that I can just let the OTA do it's business, then I'll be ready to go for ICS, but I don't want to do anything unless I can actually use my camera and send mms...

Is it possible? I'm sorry if this is annoying. I just don't want to even do anything if what I ultimately want isn't possible.

Thank you, droidx2.3.3, for responding.

droidx2.3.3
06-17-2012, 06:59 PM
Don't worry. Your certainly not annoying. We were all like this when we were new. ( I was) but whatever you to DONT take the ota. That'll put you on .621 which won't work to flash and you can't go back. As for roms there are plenty that work 100% for 100% reliability I would go with a gingerbread rom. Such as liberty or vortex. Those are the 2 most reliable out there IMO. If you need any help just ask. That's what I and everyone else is here for. (One great thing about the x's locked boot loader is that is darn near impossible to permanently mess it up) one last thing. I would make a nandroid backup before you start anything. If you aren't familiar I can post directions.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums