PDA

View Full Version : Any tablets work like droid x

2dulu2u
06-16-2012, 12:58 PM
Ok, call me lame but I've been trying 10" tablets thinking they were similar to work with like my beloved DX. I'm finding that with ICS I can't drag and drop files, my pc doesn't see the tab when plugged in by usb, and basically everything I've learned on GB is null and void. I am an "old dog" and the new tricks are turning out to be beyond me. I know this will mean using an older machine but at least it will be something I can use. I have the idevice but I miss messing around with android plus the lack of flash limits its uses.

Thanks.

maybish
06-16-2012, 01:37 PM
My Motorola xoom works pretty great. It works like my x but I am running an ics rom.

****May's pink ics and xparent pink!****

mhans311
06-16-2012, 02:19 PM
My asus transformer lets me drag and drop. I really like the tablet.

Bionic'd from my tapatalk.

2dulu2u
06-16-2012, 02:27 PM
[QUOTE=maybish;568472]My Motorola xoom works pretty great. It works like my x but I am running an ics rom.

Thanks for the fast reply!
Does your zoom allow you to transfer files via usb? Other tabs don't have the ability to plug in a cable to transfer files and over wifi they transfer very slowly. And I'm finding issues with the pc seeing "MTP device" but lacking the ability to interact with it even after trying driver installs from microsoft and the tabs maker. I read in one forum that can be an issue for ics. Basically, I want to move my movies to the tab (easily), try out roms and themes and other fun stuff like I can on the DX.

2dulu2u
06-16-2012, 02:29 PM
My asus transformer lets me drag and drop. I really like the tablet.

Bionic'd from my tapatalk.

Which transformer do you have? Have you had any hardware issues?

maybish
06-16-2012, 02:52 PM
I haven't had any issues transferring files. I drag and drop movies and pics. Doesnt take long either.

2dulu2u
06-16-2012, 03:44 PM
I'm giving the Xoom a try--thanks for answering my questions!! Even joined a xoom forum--yeah!!

maybish
06-16-2012, 07:40 PM
Hope it works for ya!