PDA

View Full Version : Looking for the most stable rom!

kebas239
06-13-2012, 03:26 PM
Hi guys! I had a general question for anyone who has experimented with/has in depth knowledge about most of the roms out there. I am looking for a rom my DroidX that reduces the occurance of certain bugs that I've experienced so far. These are force closes accompianied by a long freeze (~5 minutes unless there is a battery pull) then a reset. The force close window will usually come up, but then the phone is frozen so I cannot close the offending process (It can be anything from a system application to a game) I don't care about the normal force closes too much, it's either having a 5 minute wait or having to take the otterbox off and pull the battery out all the time that bothers me. This happens QUITE frequently no matter what I'm doing, although it seems happens slightly more often when I am in a web browser application. Also, another problem I've been running into, is a bug where I am muted in calls unless I turn speaker phone on.

I have used the stock rom, a debloated/deoxed stock rom, CM 7.1 and Steeldroid 4.0 (Which is based off of CM 7.2 to my understanding). I have experienced these issues with all of them. It is not an added application doing it as on my most recent install with Steeldroid, it has done it twice after 20 minutes of use and I have installed nothing. My SBF was initially based off of .602, but I upgraded it to .605 and had the same problems with both. I had some idea that .621 would fix these problems, but it would likely break root and I would have difficulty going backwards in firmware so I decided not to try this.

I guess what I'm asking is does anyone have an idea if there is a ROM out there that is more stable, and addresses these bugs or is it something that needs to be fixed via patches through Verizon?

Thank you!!!

DroidXFanatic
06-13-2012, 03:39 PM
The most stable roms on the Droid X in my opinion are Vortex & Liberty 3 running Gingerbread. I also think Apex is right up there too. ICS roms Gummy & AOKP are very stable now too. Wizards Miu rom is very stable as well. Go ahead and try some out and see which ones you like and have some fun.

Sent from my DROIDX

saul1991
06-13-2012, 03:42 PM
You can try wizards miui its for gingerbread its great I have being using it since froyo or liberty 3 those 2 are good. But everytime I flash a new rom I always sbf to .605 then root again and flash to avoid any issues

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

kebas239
06-13-2012, 03:43 PM
I will look those ROMs up and try them, thank you!

PS - You guys havn't experienced the freezing issues I get on my X? If so, I envy you lol.

DroidXFanatic
06-13-2012, 03:52 PM
Have u cleared cache in recovery?

Sent from my DROIDX

kebas239
06-13-2012, 03:58 PM
Yeah, I wipe cache each time I install a new rom too. I've had steel droid freeze 3 times already after just installing it/wiping cache (Once in ROM Manager, once on the desktop and once on a webpage). Its pretty often lol.

trumpet444
06-13-2012, 04:19 PM
I vote for Liberty as well. Absolutely zero issues with this one, and I've tried plenty. I always revert to ol' reliable Liberty

tribals
06-13-2012, 05:03 PM
Also on Liberty with no issues so far.

Droid X running Liberty 3_V2.0

akeezy
06-13-2012, 06:01 PM
Liberty is the most simple and efficient rom I think. It won't give you any issues

kebas239
06-13-2012, 06:03 PM
I just installed MIUI V 2.5 and it is awesome! Not one freeze or slowdown yet! I also LOVE the customizibility and look of this ROM. I'm hoping this continues and I have no issues with freezing, but I suspect I won't since it hasn't happened yet and the other ROMs I've tried failed the test =P If I have the same frequency of freezing with it, I may try Liberty as well, since everyone seems to agree its also a good ROM. But if MIUI continues to work as it is, I may just keep MIUI as my daily driver! Thank for the advice and recommendations everyone!

bsbabcock
06-13-2012, 06:42 PM
I have to say I think MIUI GB is hands down the most stable on my phone. Who woulda thunk it a year ago MIUI on the DX would become such a great rom? I still occasionally think of running a blurry or non 2nd init rom but whenever I've tried, I end up back on MIUI GB as the daily driver.

If I absolutely had to run a different one, I'd probably vote ApeX last build. Based on blur but cleanly AOSP in form.. Maybe CM7.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2