PDA

View Full Version : Verizon announces shared everything plan

jwalz
06-12-2012, 09:46 AM
Posted by garemlin over at rzf just thought I'd bring it hear for all to see

VERIZON WIRELESS UNVEILS NEW SHARE EVERYTHING PLANS FOR BASIC PHONES, SMARTPHONES, TABLETS AND MORE
Share Data with up to 10 Verizon Wireless Devices; Unlimited Minutes, Unlimited Messages and Mobile Hotspot Included in All Smartphone Plans BASKING RIDGE, N.J. – Verizon Wireless today announced Share Everything Plans that will forever change the way customers purchase wireless services. Share Everything Plans include unlimited voice minutes, unlimited text, video and picture messaging and a single data allowance for up to 10 Verizon Wireless devices. In addition, the Mobile Hotspot service on all the devices is included in the Share Everything Plans at no additional charge. The groundbreaking Share Everything Plans debut on June 28 and will be available to new, as well as existing, customers who may wish to move to the new plans.
“Customers asked, and today Verizon Wireless delivered an industry first,” said Tami Erwin, vice president and chief marketing officer for Verizon Wireless. “Share Everything Plans are the new standard for wireless service. They are simple; customers no longer have to think about their voice and message plans, because both are unlimited. Share Everything Plans are convenient; customers purchase one data plan and they share it with up to 10 mobile devices. And, they are worry-free; customers can connect their 3G or 4G devices wherever and whenever they want on America’s most reliable network.”
How Share Everything Plans Work
To get started on a Share Everything Plan, customers first select the devices they want on their accounts. The next step is to choose a plan that includes unlimited minutes, unlimited messages and a shared data allowance that begins at 1 GB for $50. Customers adding a tablet on their Share Everything Plans can do so for an additional $10, with no long-term contract requirement. The following matrix shows pricing for an account with several different devices, such as a smartphone, a tablet and a basic phone, billed to the same individual.

Step 1

Step 2

Monthly Line Access
(per device)

Shared
Minutes

Shared
Shared
Data

Monthly Account Access
(shared with up to 10 devices)

Smartphones – $40Basic Phone -30 Jetpacks/USBs/Notebooks/Netbooks – $20
Tablets – $10

Unlimited

Unlimited

1 GB

$50

Unlimited

Unlimited

2 GB

$60

Unlimited

Unlimited

4 GB

$70

Unlimited

Unlimited

6 GB

$80

Unlimited

Unlimited

8 GB

$90

Unlimited

Unlimited

10 GB

$100

There are separate plans for accounts with only basic phones, or data only devices such as USB modems or Jetpack Mobile Hotspots at www.verizonwireless.com/ShareEverything.
“When developing these plans, we first asked customers what they wanted in a wireless service plan. We also looked at the technology and how customers were using it to manage their lives. And last, we took into consideration the evolution of the technology and how customers would use wireless in the future,” Erwin added. “Share Everything Plans are the outcome of that research. They cover every device Verizon Wireless offers, from basic phones to smartphones, from tablets to Jetpacks and more. Share Everything Plans represent a tremendous shift in how customers think about wireless service.”
Switch to a Share Everything Plan
Customers are free to keep their existing plans, but there is no fee or contract extension to move to the new Share Everything Plans. To help customers determine the best Share Everything Plan option, Verizon Wireless has created an easy to use online tool at www.verizonwireless.com/ShareEverything.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s largest 4G LTE network and largest, most reliable 3G network. The company serves 93.0 million retail customers, including 88.0 million retail postpaid customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 80,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD). For more information, visit Cell Phones - Smartphones: Cell Phone Service, Accessories - Verizon Wireless (http://www.verizonwireless.com). To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.

goldsmitht
06-12-2012, 10:39 AM
I saw this and went online and was able to pre-order the Samsung SIII and retain my unlimited data plan. Guessing that you will be able to do this till the 28th, but i didn't want to wait and take a chance.

SO... mine is locked in for another 2 years, or until Verizon wants to pry it from me! :excited:

csk415
06-12-2012, 11:08 AM
devices on your account.

Unlimited

Unlimited

1 GB

$50

Unlimited

Unlimited

2 GB

$60

Unlimited

Unlimited

4 GB

$70

Unlimited

Unlimited

6 GB

$80

Unlimited

Unlimited

8 GB

$90

Unlimited

Unlimited

10 GB

$100

Well folks it looks like your about to be forced into the shared data plan if you have a smart phone on your plan due for a upgrade after 6-28. Here is my situation. I have 4 smart phones on my plan. 2 of those are not due intil 5-2013 and locked into 4gb of data. The other 2 are due now and next month. I have a upgrade now that I can use to keep unlimited data. My daughter also has one comming due 7-28. Just in time for her b-day. Yup she wants a new phone. Here is the problem and it affects all my lines (if I understand the info released). I am all fine and dandy until that 7-28 upgrade comes due. I pay $30 (120 total) for my data plans right now. But what do I do when my girls upgrade hits. Going by the chart I will have to get the 2gb share plan. I cant get an individual plan since she is part of the family plan. So, after 7-28 my data bill will be this $90 for 3 lines and $60 for 1 line. My data charges just increased $30 more a month. Im not sure I want to pay $30 more. It looks like I will have to take the shared data 10gb plan to keep my bill the same. Now I know why vzw will let us keep the unlimited data after 6-28. They get an extra 30 dollars per unlimited plan and the full price on the phone. Thanks vzw

h8isgr8
06-13-2012, 11:11 PM
If you move all 4 lines to the new plan and choose the highest data option, your bill will be $260 plus taxes/fees and you will have 2.5gb of data per phone to use.

For me, two lines at 6gb shared will be $160. We use at least 3gb per phone and don't even teather and rarely stream video (lots of music streaming though). I honestly don't know what our current bill runs since the Mrs. pays it.

csk415
06-14-2012, 08:59 AM
If you move all 4 lines to the new plan and choose the highest data option, your bill will be $260 plus taxes/fees and you will have 2.5gb of data per phone to use.

For me, two lines at 6gb shared will be $160. We use at least 3gb per phone and don't even teather and rarely stream video (lots of music streaming though). I honestly don't know what our current bill runs since the Mrs. pays it.

I have 5 lines. 4 data 1 basic. This is from the site. I dont pay this right now with tax. So add another 20 to the 290 and thats what Ill pay.
We Recommend10GB
Shared Data
Unlimited Talk & Text
Monthly Access*
$290
Shop Now (javascript:void(0);) Verizon Wireless data devices average between 1 and 2 GBs of data a month.
*Does not include taxes and surcharges

milski65
06-14-2012, 09:34 AM
WOW csk. That's a car payment (Sorry about that statement). I'm just shocked at your bill. That just about covers my cell, cable and electric.

jeems
06-14-2012, 09:44 AM
I have 5 lines. 4 data 1 basic. This is from the site. I dont pay this right now with tax. So add another 20 to the 290 and thats what Ill pay.
We Recommend10GB
Shared Data
Unlimited Talk & Text
Monthly Access*
$290
Shop Now (http://javascript<strong></strong>:void(0);) Verizon Wireless data devices average between 1 and 2 GBs of data a month.
*Does not include taxes and surcharges

That's the same thing they "recommended" for me. Way more than what I pay now and 2 of the people on our plan have unlimited. They could have at least tried to make it similar to the pricing now and assume people will eventually start using more data instead of bending people over right off the bat.

jwalz
06-14-2012, 09:53 AM
That's insane... vzw tweeted me asking what I recommend considering I was bashing them I said need more then just 1gb but now thinking get rid of the idea all together. Also replied good luck finding some poor sucker to take that plan

maybish
06-14-2012, 10:16 AM
absolutely insane....really considering backing out of the sg3 and going to boost mobile or even metro pcs.

csk415
06-14-2012, 10:25 AM
I also get a 22% discount from work. Of course we wont know how the pricing will be until it actually happens. All I have is the info they put out for me to make a informed decision. With the clear as mud infor its hard to do. All my lines will be up by mid 2013. The phones we have (DX,D3,Razr,fassy,flip) still work fine and I see not sense in upgrading. I pay for insurance and if needed Ill use it if and when one wears out. I will shop around for the better deals from other carriers since I care about price. It sucks that I would consider this. But MONEY talks and I like it in my wallet not vzw.

jeems
06-14-2012, 10:47 AM
I might look into sprint stock.

csk415
06-14-2012, 11:10 AM
I might look into sprint stock.

Or T-mobile. Which by the way isnt so bad in my area. Friend of mine has it and its pretty good. Even has 4g.

gbrinn
06-18-2012, 04:53 PM
Or T-mobile. Which by the way isnt so bad in my area. Friend of mine has it and its pretty good. Even has 4g.
But throttled after 2 GB of usage.

V1215
06-18-2012, 06:01 PM
But throttled after 2 GB of usage.

Actually, I don't think a jump from 2gb to 5gb is all that much more. Some friends of mine just made that move and seem content.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

DroidlynnXDoes
07-07-2012, 08:49 PM
Verizon is seriously ripping people off like crazy! OMG! $100 for 10 Gigs?! Thats outrageous! Get ur head on straight VZW! Glad I'm going to live off DROIDX and X2's for the rest of my life with no upgrades. Forget 4G and Forget VZW's crappy data plans. 4G is one more thing to make a DROID hungry! And the data plans costs too much money!

csk415
07-08-2012, 10:33 AM
Verizon is seriously ripping people off like crazy! OMG! $100 for 10 Gigs?! Thats outrageous! Get ur head on straight VZW! Glad I'm going to live off DROIDX and X2's for the rest of my life with no upgrades. Forget 4G and Forget VZW's crappy data plans. 4G is one more thing to make a DROID hungry! And the data plans costs too much money!

If you look at what you paid for 2gb of data under the old plans ($30), $100 for 10gb is a deal. It equals out to $20 for 2gb. Where they get you is the price for the line.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

DroidlynnXDoes
07-08-2012, 03:29 PM
If you look at what you paid for 2gb of data under the old plans ($30), $100 for 10gb is a deal. It equals out to $20 for 2gb. Where they get you is the price for the line.

Yeah but we don't have the money to pay $100 extra every month for our phone bill

csk415
07-08-2012, 09:12 PM
Yeah but we don't have the money to pay $100 extra every month for our phone bill

If you have less then 4 smart phones then I agree with you. Right now I pay 120 in data fees for 4 smartphones. Granted 2 of those are unlimited data but I have checked past data and between all 4 we use about 8gb a month. So for me the 100 is a deal. But like I said they stick you with the cost of the line which makes the new plans cost more than what I pay now.

SupraRZ95
07-08-2012, 09:47 PM
Wtf. I pay 120 for two lines and that's with a 22% discount.

Fart Blood

DroidlynnXDoes
07-08-2012, 10:11 PM
If you have less then 4 smart phones then I agree with you. Right now I pay 120 in data fees for 4 smartphones. Granted 2 of those are unlimited data but I have checked past data and between all 4 we use about 8gb a month. So for me the 100 is a deal. But like I said they stick you with the cost of the line which makes the new plans cost more than what I pay now.

We only have 2 on our family plan so that's why it would be so Xpensive

DroidlynnXDoes
07-08-2012, 10:13 PM

Btw I typed this post on my Nana's Apple Mac Mini. I was showing her how friendly DXF is

clothednblack
07-08-2012, 10:22 PM
Btw I typed this post on my Nana's Apple Mac Mini. I was showing her how friendly DXF is

Good thing you picked a friendly thread ;)

teleported from MI Wizardry UI DXtreme

csk415
07-09-2012, 09:30 AM
Wtf. I pay 120 for two lines and that's with a 22% discount.

Fart Blood

Just to clarify the 120 was data only. That dosent include all the other stuff.

DroidlynnXDoes
07-09-2012, 11:37 AM
Good thing you picked a friendly thread ;)

teleported from MI Wizardry UI DXtreme

Yeah I know. I don't hate Apple completely. I would've gotten iPhone if the screen wasn't too small and if my Mum's DROIDX didn't steal my heart, but it's a good thing that I have the X

DroidlynnXDoes
08-21-2012, 01:32 AM
I'm not upset that upgrading will force you onto tiered data cuz it means I can live off DROIDX's. When I'm with my 2 X's (which they're with me all the time) I think of this 50's song from Lesley Gore "Sunshine, lollipops and rainbows". I listen to a lot of Doo Wopp