PDA

View Full Version : Stuck in Bootloader 30.04 no stock recovery and 621 sbf doesn't work am I done for?

jakeray
06-11-2012, 12:04 AM
Ok so I have this Droid X that I got from a friend. I plugged in the phone and it said Bootloader 30.04 battery low cannot program. So I charged the battery outside of the phone to full charge. Now I have bootloader 30.04 battery ok, ok to program. I get no Moto logo and no stock recovery. I had know idea what version was on the phone previously so I flashed it to 621. I used RSD_lite and it said finished pass and rebooted the phone. Bootloader 30.04 came back up and so I turned off phone, took the battery out and put it back in and it goes straight back to bootloader. Cannot get into recovery. I re-downloaded 621 checked hash. I'm going crazy I really want to get this phone working if possible. I have searched the forums and can't seem to find any post replicating this problem. The water damage indicator is still good so i don't think there as been as water damage. I even flashed with the linux. If anyone could help me out I would be forever grateful.

clothednblack
06-11-2012, 12:08 AM
Are you using a Motorola USB cable? I had this happen before and it was the generic USB cable that was the issue, even though it said pass, it didn't work till I changed the cable out.

teleported from MI Wizardry UI DXtreme

jakeray
06-11-2012, 12:19 AM
I'm using a generic walmart cable. So yeah I just ordered a OEM cable on Ebay and keeping my fingers crossed. I'll post back after I get it. Thanks

clothednblack
06-11-2012, 12:26 AM
Good idea and hope that works for you. I'll check back.

jakeray
06-14-2012, 10:41 AM
Well the Motorola cable came in today and so i tried to sbf with the linux iso and no go. Still the same as before. Any suggestions?
It goes straight to bootloader as soon as I put the battery in.

popcenator
06-14-2012, 11:37 AM
Usually if it goes straight to the bootloader, even after an SBF, that indicates hardware failure.

clothednblack
06-14-2012, 11:49 AM
Doesn't look good, have you tried the rdslite method? And make sure your sbf file is a good one, check the md5 to verify it

jakeray
06-14-2012, 04:19 PM
Yeah I tried rsd_lite. I checked the md5 and it was good. Guess I'm out of luck