PDA

View Full Version : Samsung S3 software on X

AZDroid
06-07-2012, 06:29 PM
Hello Motos- I've been seeing a lot of S3 leaks on XDA and wondering if those will work on the X, especially the S-Voice (Siri for Android) and Touchwiz launcher. The post says ICS rom only which makes me think it could work with Gummy but I wasn't sure if that's only for devices like the GNex that were built on an ICS platform. Has anyone tried these leaks or atleast might be able able to advise? I have the files in my Dropbox if someone already on an ICS rom wants to test it out. Just PM me and I'll send over the link. Thx- AzzE

bradg24
06-20-2012, 11:13 PM
Hello Motos- I've been seeing a lot of S3 leaks on XDA and wondering if those will work on the X, especially the S-Voice (Siri for Android) and Touchwiz launcher. The post says ICS rom only which makes me think it could work with Gummy but I wasn't sure if that's only for devices like the GNex that were built on an ICS platform. Has anyone tried these leaks or atleast might be able able to advise? I have the files in my Dropbox if someone already on an ICS rom wants to test it out. Just PM me and I'll send over the link. Thx- AzzE

I used the s-voice but it fc alot now it can't run.. aivc from market is better and much better voice..

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Nemo aeternamn
06-20-2012, 11:47 PM
with apps like the s-voice... to get it to run properly on... ie... the nexus... it takes a build.prop edit... so when the app checks it sees the device as a s3...
if you want a siri like app... get go dragon!... it's made by the same people that made siri...
and for the touchwiz launcher... i personally don't see a reaon to try and get bloat like that... adw or other third party apps offer better functionality... and you can find similar themes for those launchers...

AZDroid
06-29-2012, 09:57 PM
I installed it on aokp v39 and just left everything stock during setup. True it does fc with functions where it's expecting to link with a Samsung app, but basic commands like googleing info or opening apps works fine. Biggest disappointment for me is she still responds with "I'll have to think about it" everytime I ask her to be my gf ;)

Here's the apk if you wanna try

http://db.tt/MBFlRh0n

AZDroid
07-02-2012, 11:48 PM
GoogleEars apk (like Shazam) pulled from JellyBean. Install as you would for any other apk (no need to push to system apps or change permissions. Plz thank if you like this. Thx

http://db.tt/MWVT1lGA

Also new Google Voice (built to rival Siri) is also close to being ported. If interested I found these on a XDA thread in android games & apps forum. I'll post it anyways if I get a working copy. Cheers AzzE

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

infazzdar
07-10-2012, 12:53 AM
with apps like the s-voice... to get it to run properly on... ie... the nexus... it takes a build.prop edit... so when the app checks it sees the device as a s3...
if you want a siri like app... get go dragon!... it's made by the same people that made siri...
and for the touchwiz launcher... i personally don't see a reaon to try and get bloat like that... adw or other third party apps offer better functionality... and you can find similar themes for those launchers...

There is a modified version of S-Voice that has the device check disabled.

I believe, though, that you can get Google Now on Ice Cream Sandwich, albeit without voice search. But Google Now is fairly awesome.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2