PDA

View Full Version : Droid X Blank Screen Lights Alarming

rjblaze
06-06-2012, 08:37 PM
My droidX battery died a few weeks ago and the screen has not turned on since. There is a flashing blue light at times and a red light when plugged in, the hard keys also light up and twice now the phone has alarmed. The screen still does not come on. I am not sure what the issue is I bought an external battery charger to charge up my batteries hopefully that works, but it has not arrived yet. I figure the batteries are charged since it lights up and alarms which is weird.

Please help me I am desperate

milski65
06-06-2012, 08:49 PM
My droidX battery died a few weeks ago and the screen has not turned on since. There is a flashing blue light at times and a red light when plugged in, the hard keys also light up and twice now the phone has alarmed. The screen still does not come on. I am not sure what the issue is I bought an external battery charger to charge up my batteries hopefully that works, but it has not arrived yet. I figure the batteries are charged since it lights up and alarms which is weird.

Please help me I am desperate

Just leave it plugged in for 30 minutes to an hour. Then long press and release the power button. It should come on. If not, try a battery pull.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

rjblaze
06-06-2012, 10:40 PM
Just leave it plugged in for 30 minutes to an hour. Then long press and release the power button. It should come on. If not, try a battery pull.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

I've tried many battery pulls. I have also let it charge for hours then long press and release the power button and it still refuses to turn on. ill see the keys light up after a while and a blue light flashing but the screen is completely blank.

rjblaze
06-12-2012, 10:54 PM
My external charger came. I charged up two of my batteries and nothing shows up on the screen. I might just have to kiss this phone goodbye.

rjblaze
06-13-2012, 07:15 AM
Here is a look at the what the phone does
http://youtu.be/_yZvx_9vRZ0

Goose306
06-13-2012, 07:59 AM
Can you get into the bootloader (Battery pull, then press and hold Volume down and camera then press and hold power while still holding the other two)?

If you can get into the bootloader its a software issue and either an SBF or factory reset will probably fix it.

If you still get a black screen at that point you LCD has probably died. You can replace those if you do want to keep your phone, bit obviously its a bit technical.

Sent from my Liquid ICS

rjblaze
06-14-2012, 12:16 AM
Can you get into the bootloader (Battery pull, then press and hold Volume down and camera then press and hold power while still holding the other two)?

If you can get into the bootloader its a software issue and either an SBF or factory reset will probably fix it.

If you still get a black screen at that point you LCD has probably died. You can replace those if you do want to keep your phone, bit obviously its a bit technical.

Sent from my Liquid ICS

I tried that, after a while i feel a vibration and nothing happens to the screen, it is still blank. I guess it is the LCD that is the problem.

rjblaze
06-30-2012, 03:20 AM
any help out there? None of the boot instruction help. I cannot see anything on the screen. Maybe a wire went loose somewhere

Goose306
06-30-2012, 07:35 AM
any help out there? None of the boot instruction help. I cannot see anything on the screen. Maybe a wire went loose somewhere

Yeah I'd say it sounds like next step is screen dissasembly. I haven't done it myself but there is tons of guides, I believe some here and you can google and find them easily. The only other thing I'd say to ensure its the screen is do the bootloader like listed above and then plug it in USB to the PC in RSD Lite and see if it recognizes it. If it does then its in the bootloader the screen just isn't showing it. You could SBF it at this point to make sure there was nothing in the firmware screwing it up, then do a blind factory reset/data wipe (I can give you the controls needed for that as its hard-key presses) but it sounds an awful lot like a busted screen or something hardware related.