PDA

View Full Version : 16GB Class 10 MicroSD in DX... Fails?

s10stealth
06-03-2012, 03:53 AM
I currently have a 16GB class 4 MicroSD. In the past, I've had no issues with putting the MicroSD into a USB adapter and copying back and forth.
I tried to copy everything from the 'class 4' inside my DX (in "USB Mass Storage" mode), thru the USB, to the class 10 mounted in my computer.
If it means anything, It's a Patriot.

It's acting like everything is read only and my Droid can't write to the class 10.

HarleyDude
06-03-2012, 06:17 AM
Can you copy from the class 4 in the DX to the PC and back? Can you copy from the PC to the class 10 in the adapter and back? If you flip the cards, can you still copy/not copy?

s10stealth
06-04-2012, 12:07 PM
I can copy to/from with every combination of PC USB-PC USB, phone-PC, etc... I didn't try copy/paste class 10 in the DX thru USB.

I've actually just realized the waste of time this is since the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 is soon to be released. ;)

DroidX w/ LOTS of apps

Coronado is dead
07-25-2012, 11:29 AM
In case this ever comes up for anyone else again, anything over a Class 4 or 6 is not really recommended for the DX. The Class 10's are fast on throughput, but a lot of them sacrifice random read and write speed to get the Class 10 rating. This makes the DX hang when trying to run the media scanner.