PDA

View Full Version : droid x horrible battery life. tried everything.

trevorspruit
06-02-2012, 02:10 PM
hi. im new to this forum and im seeking help at fixing my droids terrible battery life. i have bluetooth, gps, etc. turned off but it still wont last more than 4 hours or so. the other day i took it off the charger at 100% around 7 am and put it in airplane mode while i was in school and it was at 30% by 1 pm. i did a factory restore and sbf'd the phone and it still just eats through battery. the phone has no water damage or anything. the only issue is once the battery dies the phone cant charge it. it just has a steady green light. i think this may be because the phone is taking to much energy and cant get enough to boot up? i dont know what else to try. any help is appreciated.

DroidXFanatic
06-02-2012, 02:35 PM
How old is the battery? Could just be dying and you will have to get a new one.

Sent from my DROIDX

BHuber09
06-02-2012, 02:42 PM
How old is the battery? Could just be dying and you will have to get a new one.

Sent from my DROIDX

+1 to this

FreeMyMoto!!!

mhans311
06-02-2012, 02:45 PM
Yeah I think your battery is shot. You can find replacement batteries for cheap online.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

trevorspruit
06-02-2012, 03:29 PM
noo i have 5 batterys. i have and external charge and when one dies i just switch them out.

BHuber09
06-02-2012, 03:34 PM
Well how old are you batteries?

And are you going through all 5 in 4 hours? If not then I'm sure its just the one that's shot

FreeMyMoto!!!

trevorspruit
06-03-2012, 10:37 AM
The batterys are new. Two are Motorola oem and 3 are generic. I go through about 1 in 4 hours they all have the same amount of life before they die. I dont think its a battery issue

The persuader
06-03-2012, 11:04 AM
Its Widgets my Friend...

Examples that Kill your Battery...

Live Calender
Messaging
Emails
Tapatalk
Live Wallpaper
Widgets in the Background
Beautiful Widgets
Launchers (Any of them)
Maps
Battery Monitor Widget
Active Caches Cleaners

Theses are just a Taste of what can Whip The Heck Out of YOur Battery...Choose whats important to use...
I've been using Juice Defender...Wizard mentioned to help manage Data Usage...I must say its helped alot...I am a Heavy user so If I pick up an Hour or Two...

"I am Happier Than a Clam At High Tide"

Time for a Dust'en and Cleaning my friend

Its Bubba

The batterys are new. Two are Motorola oem and 3 are generic. I go through about 1 in 4 hours they all have the same amount of life before they die. I dont think its a battery issue

trevorspruit
06-05-2012, 08:50 AM
Its Widgets my Friend...

Examples that Kill your Battery...

Live Calender
Messaging
Emails
Tapatalk
Live Wallpaper
Widgets in the Background
Beautiful Widgets
Launchers (Any of them)
Maps
Battery Monitor Widget
Active Caches Cleaners

Theses are just a Taste of what can Whip The Heck Out of YOur Battery...Choose whats important to use...
I've been using Juice Defender...Wizard mentioned to help manage Data Usage...I must say its helped alot...I am a Heavy user so If I pick up an Hour or Two...

"I am Happier Than a Clam At High Tide"

Time for a Dust'en and Cleaning my friend

Its Bubba

alright that seemed to help alittle but im still not getting the battery life i should.

The persuader
06-05-2012, 09:01 AM
alright that seemed to help alittle but im still not getting the battery life i should.

What's your expectations for Battery Life for heavy usage or average?

It's Bubba :)
" Stubborn In Your Bones "

trevorspruit
06-05-2012, 09:04 AM
with average usage about 10 hours

The persuader
06-05-2012, 10:44 AM
with average usage about 10 hours

10-12 hours has always been my average on any ROM...not sure if you're using Battery Monitor... Check it out... Chose Usage... Thanks tap on the Battery Chart... Takes a few seconds...
Look for Solid Blue Lines for starters this will show you what is chewing up your battery...

It's Bubba :)
" Stubborn In Your Bones "