PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade to Bionic?

mhans311
05-28-2012, 09:01 PM
I noticed today that the bionic is free on Verizon's website right now with an upgrade. I have had an upgrade sitting around but I do not have $200 to buy a nexus/maxx. Do you guys think the Bionic is a decent upgrade for free? Does anyone have experience with it?

I will have another upgrade later this year on another line so I won't be stuck forever with the Bionic if I end up not liking it.

Thoughts?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

BHuber09
05-28-2012, 09:46 PM
I personally know 2 people with it. As for regular users its decent. The only complaint is the battery life.
But if you plan on modding its not bad, kind of a flop but there are still mods and roms out there for it.

As for it being free that is a deal though. i wouldnt do it, but if i had to upgrade right now and didnt want to spend the money, yes i would be very happy with it.

SupraRZ95
05-28-2012, 09:57 PM
Save for the nexus. Way worth it. But I had a Verizon rep confirm the no more grandfather plan. So get it if you get get $200 in the next few months.

Fart Blood

csphelps76
05-28-2012, 10:20 PM
the nexus has awesome development opportunities but also has one of the worst radio's and signal is usually an issue on the gnex

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

mhans311
05-28-2012, 10:41 PM
the nexus has awesome development opportunities but also has one of the worst radio's and signal is usually an issue on the gnex

I'm not the hugest tinkerer. I will swap roms every now and then but that's about it. Signal reliability is much more important to me.

chuck54
05-28-2012, 10:58 PM
I noticed today that the bionic is free on Verizon's website right now with an upgrade. I have had an upgrade sitting around but I do not have $200 to buy a nexus/maxx. Do you guys think the Bionic is a decent upgrade for free? Does anyone have experience with it?

I will have another upgrade later this year on another line so I won't be stuck forever with the Bionic if I end up not liking it.

Thoughts?

Woah!!! If I do this tomorrow, wouldnt lose my unlimited, would I? I didn't think that the new shared plan is in effect

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

csphelps76
05-29-2012, 12:04 AM
I'm not the hugest tinkerer. I will swap roms every now and then but that's about it. Signal reliability is much more important to me.

motorola may not be as developer friendly as samsung but the radio basebands they offer in their latest ota's for both the bionic and the razr/razr maxx are solid and signal reliability is top notch, however the bionic has horrible battery life

elidog
05-29-2012, 10:31 AM
My daughter has a Bionic and her only compaint is the battery life outside of that its a very nice phone. There also doesnt seem to be much in the way of development.

milski65
05-29-2012, 10:41 AM
Woah!!! If I do this tomorrow, wouldnt lose my unlimited, would I? I didn't think that the new shared plan is in effect

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

My buddy just got the Maxx for his wife this weekend and kept unlimited. I talked to a rep (who is in to rooting and romming) and she stated that for the next few weeks at least people will be able to keep unlimited who upgrade to 4g phones. She swore that they'd be the last to know of changes or the availability of the Maxx HD due to the fact they'd leak the info themselves. But she was adamant about doing the upgrade ASAP!

BKiv
05-29-2012, 11:52 AM
I just got the bionic this past week.
And i love it. It's super fast. Just as fast on the internet as my buddy's razr sometimes faster. As for the battery life i am very happy. It last at least 24 hours. My x with a 2000 battery could never do that. I rooted it as soon as i got it active. Im holding out for roms until ligit ics comes out. PS i love this phone. And how would you ever do a battery pull in a razr. I did like the gnex but i don't spend that kind of money for phones.
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

mhans311
05-29-2012, 12:16 PM
Thanks everyone for your input. Right now I am leaning toward getting it. I usually stay a little behind on phones just to get them a bit cheaper.

mhans311
05-29-2012, 12:19 PM
I just got the bionic this past week.
And i love it. It's super fast. Just as fast on the internet as my buddy's razr sometimes faster. As for the battery life i am very happy. It last at least 24 hours. My x with a 2000 battery could never do that. I rooted it as soon as i got it active. Im holding out for roms until ligit ics comes out. PS i love this phone. And how would you ever do a battery pull in a razr. I did like the gnex but i don't spend that kind of money for phones.

How do you like the screen? I know it has decent resolution but some complain of the pentile display and seeing jagged edges on some images and text.

Also, how does the camera compare to the Droid X camera?

BKiv
05-29-2012, 02:08 PM
I haven't noticed any thing off on the display. Now the razr & the gnex have awesome screen displays. The camera & video is nice. Definitely a step up from the X.