PDA

View Full Version : The official "Got a new device" thread

fezrock
05-28-2012, 07:33 PM
Many are jumping ship to the gnex or maxx (or other devices).

This is the OFFICIAL "I got a new device" thread as of now to reduce clutter here.

Post up your impressions of the new device for others, and always feel free to stop by and say Hello whenever :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

DirtyDroid
05-28-2012, 08:07 PM
Good idea fez :thumbup:

tap'd from the Gnex

maybish
05-29-2012, 01:50 AM
Love this!

****May's pink ics and xparent pink!****

TideFan22
05-29-2012, 01:32 PM
Yeah good idea man, I'm down to the Gnex or razr Maxx and I can come here and see what people have to say about them instead of scowering the internet and forums to find out how people feel about them

ⓡⓞⓛⓛ ⓣⓘⓓⓔ ⓡⓞⓛⓛ

stryker
05-29-2012, 02:31 PM
I got my razr maxx last week. I choose it over the nexus cause I needed my phone to last more then a few hours. Its not as ROM and hacker friendly but I can still theme it no problem same as my x pretty much. The battery is killer. But the Droid x has a far superior screen. The first couple days I got the phone I was going to take it back and get a different phone cause the screen was way worse then I expected. I thought getting a new phone it would be better then the one I had cause it was new. Well the phone is a beast, it just doesn't have the best screen. I ended up just keeping it. I got used to it I guess and all is good.

-=(.stryker.originals.)=-

smalltowngirl13
05-29-2012, 04:40 PM
@TideFan - we have sister forums for both, you can also check them out for info and such... Razr - www.razrforums.com (http://www.razrforums.com) and gNex - www.galaxynexusforum.com (http://www.galaxynexusforum.com) ...

@stryker - have ya signed up over at the Razr forums and are ya gonna do any themes for it? :)

stryker
05-29-2012, 06:21 PM
@TideFan - we have sister forums for both, you can also check them out for info and such... Razr - www.razrforums.com (http://www.razrforums.com) and gNex - www.galaxynexusforum.com (http://www.galaxynexusforum.com) ...

@stryker - have ya signed up over at the Razr forums and are ya gonna do any themes for it? :)

I am almost done porting my krush theme for apex launcher which is pretty mUch done, just have to code and add the rest of the icons, gummy krush for the x,, and gummy krush for the razr. i'm having some trouble with ics. Some of the apk's compile with errors if u change any xml. I don't know how to compile the apps from source. i'm working on a go launcher theme too. The problem with that is the theme factory does not work on my computer, so i'm using an outdated eclipse template. I wish I could get an eclipse template off someone that has the theme factory working so I can have all the new menu images in there. I just have to find someone that's willing to help me out. But I love my razr. all I need to do is find a stock deodexed version to theme with. The ics builds the data drops make the phone almost UN useable, so im staying on gb. and yes I signed up on Razrforums and Droidrazr.com

TriciaH
05-29-2012, 09:27 PM
Got my Razr Maxx on Sunday. Love it! Speed is awesome and battery life is great! My poor DX had a nonworking charging port and wifi was dead and the home button no longer turned on the screen. It served me well and I loved it but I think the Maxx is one awesome phone! Still playing with it, getting it just the way I want it. Reception on Samsung devices in this area is not all that great and I get really good reception with Motorola. The 4G is lightening fast and yes I was grandfathered in to unlimited data.

AndroidTrainee
05-31-2012, 01:39 PM
Guys anyone knows the cheapest dual-core android? 250$ or less? (No Plan)

Sent from my Milestone X using Droid X Forums

fezrock
05-31-2012, 02:51 PM
Guys anyone knows the cheapest dual-core android? 250$ or less? (No Plan)

Probably the X2 will be cheapest. But people are trading or selling most 3g dual core phones on craigslist fairly cheaply.

AndroidTrainee
05-31-2012, 04:09 PM
Other with Ics update? :wink:

BHuber09
05-31-2012, 04:22 PM
Bionic off swappa is pretty cheap
And I think its on the ics update

FreeMyMoto!!!

milski65
05-31-2012, 04:33 PM

FreeMyMoto!!!

Bionic is free with available upgrade at Verizon. I do not believe it will be getting ics.

Stand corrected bh. Report is early q3 (July-Aug).

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

AndroidTrainee
05-31-2012, 05:59 PM

FreeMyMoto!!!

Excuse my ignorance but what do you mean by off swappa? Also a Bionic is 450$ with no contract :S

fezrock
05-31-2012, 08:21 PM
Excuse my ignorance but what do you mean by off swappa? Also a Bionic is 450$ with no contract :S

http://swappa.com/

BHuber09
06-01-2012, 01:46 AM
Bionic is free with available upgrade at Verizon. I do not believe it will be getting ics.

Stand corrected bh. Report is early q3 (July-Aug).

I thought it was I just wasn't 100. But q3?? For some reason I have a feeling December haha. The talk of that phone dropping lasted about a year so I'm sure ics update will take that long haha

FreeMyMoto!!!

milski65
06-01-2012, 07:07 AM
Ordered the Bionic last night. Had to do it through CS. Was not showing up online as free any longer. So I had to pay 50 for the phone and 30 for activation. Get a $50 mail in rebate (hate those things, last one took me over a year to get). So total cost will be 30 plus tax. If you do plan on getting a Bionic and can do it online, go that route. Rebate is automatically applied. One more thing, they're not including an sd card with the phone.

Going to leave it in the box and see what comes out in the next few months. Will have to pay retail (ugh).

Goose306
06-01-2012, 10:16 AM
4 more days and I'll probably be getting a GNex.... pretty excited for a new toy, even if I don't activate it. I'll probably turn it on and figure out which one I want to use as a mini WIFI tab :P

Sent from my Wiz Wiz MIUI!

popcenator
06-01-2012, 10:18 AM
Excellent Goose! Great device.

on the move..

AndroidTrainee
06-02-2012, 01:54 PM
Guys am about to choose : ATRIX-Photon-Bionic
Which is better?

BHuber09
06-02-2012, 02:32 PM
Guys am about to choose : ATRIX-Photon-Bionic
Which is better?

Well what are you looking to get out of it? Dev life or in general

FreeMyMoto!!!

AndroidTrainee
06-02-2012, 02:33 PM
am just looking for a dual-core with ics update confirmed :)

chuck54
06-02-2012, 03:47 PM
Well, i just got the bionic, webtop dock, and an extended battery all for $150 and i have a $50 mail in rebate ready, so pretty amazing deal!!! Now, i just hopped on to the droidforums website to find a sturdy faq on rooting and flashing (because apperently its alot more complicated for 2nd init),,,,,, otherwise, does anyone know what strapper i use? the safestrapper is for 2nd init and the bootstrapper can't be used for 2nd init....

Goose306
06-02-2012, 03:58 PM
am just looking for a dual-core with ics update confirmed :)

If the Atrix is in the running for you get the Atrix - unlocked bootloader on a Moto phone? Oh, heck yes!

Otherwise, if you need to stay on VZW and want a cheap one, dual-core with gauranteed ICS go with the Bionic. Its cheap-o.

AndroidTrainee
06-02-2012, 04:43 PM
If the Atrix is in the running for you get the Atrix - unlocked bootloader on a Moto phone? Oh, heck yes!

Otherwise, if you need to stay on VZW and want a cheap one, dual-core with gauranteed ICS go with the Bionic. Its cheap-o.

Yeah i thought the best option was an ATRIX the only thing i dont like its the 4.0 screen i want a 4.3 one :[ so i think il be buying the atrix 2 (used)

About the Bionic: How its the price without contract? I dont live in USA so i cannot have a contract.

Goose306
06-02-2012, 06:21 PM
Haven't looked myself as not really interested in the bionic, but have you checked swappa prices?

mhans311
06-02-2012, 06:28 PM
I just ordered a Bionic from Verizon online. It was free but I did have to pay the $30 upgrade fee. I checked it out in the store and I did like it. I think I should be satisfied with it for a good while. I'm just excited to keep unlimited and be able to check out the LTE network. I may keep my X or I may give it to my mother-in-law. I would like to keep it so I can try out some of the ICS roms that I can't use as my daily driver.

mhans311
06-02-2012, 06:31 PM
About the Bionic: How its the price without contract? I dont live in USA so i cannot have a contract.

I think the bionic is like $450 new but you can get used ones from ebay for much cheaper.

AndroidTrainee
06-02-2012, 06:51 PM
I think the bionic is like $450 new but you can get used ones from ebay for much cheaper.

Yea i know ... but i just noticed that it isn't a GSM phone so it is disqualified to me :S My options are now : ATRIX /2 Photon4g

Goose306
06-02-2012, 07:06 PM
Yea i know ... but i just noticed that it isn't a GSM phone so it is disqualified to me :S My options are now : ATRIX /2 Photon4g

Atrix all the way baby if you need a cheap good GSM. Infamous Moto build quality, unlocked BL, 4G, and cheap (I assume, haven't looked) since its been out about as long as the Bionic? Awww yeah!

BTW why do you need GSM? You have a DX currently correct? That's CDMA....

AndroidTrainee
06-02-2012, 07:14 PM
Atrix all the way baby if you need a cheap good GSM. Infamous Moto build quality, unlocked BL, 4G, and cheap (I assume, haven't looked) since its been out about as long as the Bionic? Awww yeah!

BTW why do you need GSM? You have a DX currently correct? That's CDMA....

Wow you got exited :big smile: Yea i think this is my choice :)

I need GSM because when i got the DX it was very hard to use it here (Dominican Republic) and now i just want to put the SIM and use it :)
Anyways i think I'll buy it when i arrive to New York in one month. (The cheapest one in swappa is 210$ and in amazon 190)

EDIT: Dude i was reading a lot of comments and i saw that photon 4g is better than the ATRIX what do u know about the photon?

chuck54
06-03-2012, 01:54 PM
Well, if any of you get the bionic, head on ifer to droidforums and under tge droid section, i STARTED a walkthrough on rooting and flashing for all builds. Its under the main/general discussion thing...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid X Forums

milski65
06-04-2012, 11:14 AM
Looks like the GS III (I think the name is right) up for preorder from Verizon June 6th

fezrock
06-04-2012, 05:48 PM
Looks like the GS III (I think the name is right) up for preorder from Verizon June 6th

With preorder you will lose unlimited data at activation time. And now we know it is NOT a quad core. Just so ya know.

mhans311
06-04-2012, 06:07 PM
With preorder you will lose unlimited data at activation time. And now we know it is NOT a quad core. Just so ya know.

It may not be a quad core but the snapdragon S4 performs every bit as good. And the US versions have 2gb of RAM which will be awesome.

Is it confirmed that activating the GS3 will take away unlimited? I hadn't heard anything official. I guess it doesn't really matter to me since I just bought a Bionic.

AndroidTrainee
06-04-2012, 06:15 PM
Yea but one thing i dont like of galaxy series is that their lifes are very short, thats why i choose HTC or Motorola phones...

fezrock
06-04-2012, 06:16 PM
It may not be a quad core but the snapdragon S4 performs every bit as good. And the US versions have 2gb of RAM which will be awesome.

Is it confirmed that activating the GS3 will take away unlimited? I hadn't heard anything official. I guess it doesn't really matter to me since I just bought a Bionic.

It was confirmed by a staffer inquiring about it that by activation time the unlimited would be negated.

BHuber09
06-04-2012, 09:56 PM
It was confirmed by a staffer inquiring about it that by activation time the unlimited would be negated.

Yep I saw this also... I'm totally bummed now.
Gonna upgrade to bionic, sell it and buy the s3 outright.

FreeMyMoto!!!

NITRO2
06-04-2012, 11:48 PM
Yep I saw this also... I'm totally bummed now.
Gonna upgrade to bionic, sell it and buy the s3 outright.

FreeMyMoto!!!

I believe I read that Verizon said if you preorder, you WILL keep unlimited data. I'll find the link in the morning, I saw it on s3forums.com

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

milski65
06-05-2012, 07:58 AM
Activated my Bionic last night. I'll run it for a week and see how things go. Quick first impressions. Far better radio at my house. No issues making phone calls now (worked at first with 15 radio upgrade on X but then had to go back to wireless). Screen is far inferior to X (this could be my reason to dump it). Lord the amount of bloat. Still prefer metal backing of X versus plastic full cover of Bionic. Right now just rooted and bloat removed. Will run for the day and see how battery goes.

glshub
06-05-2012, 08:18 AM
I got my razr maxx last week. I choose it over the nexus cause I needed my phone to last more then a few hours. Its not as ROM and hacker friendly but I can still theme it no problem same as my x pretty much. The battery is killer. But the Droid x has a far superior screen. The first couple days I got the phone I was going to take it back and get a different phone cause the screen was way worse then I expected. I thought getting a new phone it would be better then the one I had cause it was new. Well the phone is a beast, it just doesn't have the best screen. I ended up just keeping it. I got used to it I guess and all is good.

What is the problem with the screen? I'd hoped to get the Maxx as soon as my behind the times carrier comes out with it. (if they ever do). I guess I thought the display would be as good, if not better than the Droid X.

The news that the display isn't as good has thrown me a curve ball. Please explain.

Thanks

milski65
06-05-2012, 08:27 AM
What is the problem with the screen? I'd hoped to get the Maxx as soon as my behind the times carrier comes out with it. (if they ever do). I guess I thought the display would be as good, if not better than the Droid X.

The news that the display isn't as good has thrown me a curve ball. Please explain.

Thanks

Pictures looked pixelated, esp. when scrolling in. Even home screen isn't as crisp. Using adw ex on both X and Bionic, my eyes take more time to focus in on the names of the apps on the Bionic. Not exactly blurry, but there is a noticable difference. I actually had to put Bionic down last night because I was starting to get a headache. Now I know you may say it's because I was setting the whole thing up from scratch, but that's not it. It only took my a minute to realize the difference. Not a HUGE difference, but one that can't be missed (IMO).

ReaperKingXXX
06-05-2012, 12:03 PM
So I just upgraded to a new Razr from my DX. I'll miss her. I was just wondering if any of ya'll out there had any recommendations on some sites out there dedicated to the Razr as good as this one is, if possible?

DirtyDroid
06-05-2012, 12:25 PM
So I just upgraded to a new Razr from my DX. I'll miss her. I was just wondering if any of ya'll out there had any recommendations on some sites out there dedicated to the Razr as good as this one is, if possible?

Merged here, Congrats on the new device, check out our sister site www.razrforums.com , you'll see some familiar people over there

tap'd from the Gnex

BHuber09
06-05-2012, 12:26 PM
Razrforums.com
Our sister site haha you'll see alot of the same people.

FreeMyMoto!!!

ReaperKingXXX
06-05-2012, 12:38 PM
Thanks ya'll! Just the answers i was hoping to recieve!

mhans311
06-05-2012, 12:49 PM
Pictures looked pixelated, esp. when scrolling in. Even home screen isn't as crisp. Using adw ex on both X and Bionic, my eyes take more time to focus in on the names of the apps on the Bionic. Not exactly blurry, but there is a noticable difference. I actually had to put Bionic down last night because I was starting to get a headache. Now I know you may say it's because I was setting the whole thing up from scratch, but that's not it. It only took my a minute to realize the difference. Not a HUGE difference, but one that can't be missed (IMO).

I think he was wondering about the screen on the razr not the bionic.

I have played a bit with the razr and I think the screen is MUCH better than the X.

milski65
06-05-2012, 02:11 PM
I think he was wondering about the screen on the razr not the bionic.

I have played a bit with the razr and I think the screen is MUCH better than the X.

Gotcha. My bad.

aypeeootrek
06-05-2012, 03:54 PM
As far as the s3, i read on droid life yesterday that if you preorder it, you keep the unlimited plan. I'm 90% preordering it Friday

fezrock
06-05-2012, 04:47 PM
As far as the s3, i read on droid life yesterday that if you preorder it, you keep the unlimited plan. I'm 90% preordering it Friday

That seems to be the new consensus. Some reps just don't know, and make things up for some reason.

TideFan22
06-05-2012, 05:03 PM
I just ordered the nexus!!!! I was able to use my moms upgrade for my number... man I can't wait..... I had talked to two reps and one told me that the killing grandfather stuff was not true that it was for home stuff not phones, but I didn't believe him and the other said that she has heard about it but nothing is set in stone and that it was just speculation... but I'm sure its coming

ⓡⓞⓛⓛ ⓣⓘⓓⓔ ⓡⓞⓛⓛ

DirtyDroid
06-05-2012, 05:16 PM
Congrats! Don't forget to head over to our sister site www.galaxynexusforum.com and join up. You'll see plenty of "faces" .

tap'd from the Gnex

TideFan22
06-05-2012, 05:18 PM
Yeah I was floating around the Gnex forums just checking the stuff out and I noticed everyone that was on the DX forums

ⓡⓞⓛⓛ ⓣⓘⓓⓔ ⓡⓞⓛⓛ

AndroidTrainee
06-05-2012, 06:08 PM
Guys what can you tell me about the photon 4g?

stryker
06-05-2012, 07:21 PM

Thanks

Well all images on my razr you can see the pixels on the edges really bad. Like my krush theme for the x looks awesome on my x, i went to port it to the RAZR and the text is red, i can barley even read it. The notification icons are so pixilated i will have to re design most of the theme for use on the razr. Even the red xparent tapatalk app the red text is almost un readable. Lighter images look all right i guess. Actually they don't lol. I can see pixels on every text color. It's all i can see. My x is crystal clear. Some one with a razr confirm this. I showed at least 5 people to make sure it wasn't me. They said the edges of all images and text is not crisp. I was waiting for the hd razr till they pulled the no more unlimited data thing so i had to upgrade. I mean i like the phone. The battery is amazing. It just doesn't have the best screen. Maybe cause the x is an LCD and this is super amoled. The difference is night and day. My x is as clear as my hd TV. But i guess you have to Compromise one thing for another. I still like the phone and will keep it for 2 years. Just wish the screen was hd.

-=[.stryker.originals.]=-

oxgon
06-06-2012, 09:05 PM
Well I'm happy sad as I like to call it. First thing I wanted to do is come here and make a post thanking all the dev's for the last 2 years. I kind of feel like I've come to know them, last rom was Apex and I will miss it.

So my Gnex came today, I did a lot of research before deciding which one to go with. I read some people didn't like the gnex and turned it in for a maxx, only to find out they hate the maxx. I real LOTS of people loving the Gnex. As someone who was putting custom mods on all the time, I still remember after 1 month of the phone I had it rooted and running a rom. The Gnex was no question for me, and so far it's amazing.

Already signed up on the new forums.

Good by DX forums and thanks to everyone for posting and helping everyone out.

jwalz
06-06-2012, 09:21 PM
Enjoy the new toy or phone whatever you want to call it. Haha... stop by anytime don't need a droid x to be here :)

Sent from my Droid X using Tapatalk 2

dennyjones
06-06-2012, 09:32 PM
My daughter and I just preordered the Samsung Galaxy S3. It's not going to be shipped until July 9th but I'm starting to read the forums. I can really say that this forum, though, has been the best source of information for android that I've ever come across.

A big thank you to all that participate.

DroidlynnXDoes
06-06-2012, 09:35 PM
Enjoy the new toy or phone whatever you want to call it. Haha... stop by anytime don't need a droid x to be here :)

Sent from my Droid X using Tapatalk 2

I agree

ashpdwinDX
06-14-2012, 01:47 AM
Well, I'm officially gone now pretty much. Getting an LG Spectrum in the mail on Monday. Gonna miss the X, it has served me well.

gbrinn
06-14-2012, 05:26 AM
Well, I'm officially gone now pretty much. Getting an LG Spectrum in the mail on Monday. Gonna miss the X, it has served me well.

You'll still be welcome here...

Sent from my DROIDX using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

DebianDog
06-15-2012, 02:56 PM
Well I will be mulling around here for another 2-3 weeks till I get my new Galaxy S3 it has been a good time and I learned a lot with the old Droid X. I am sure many of the "lessons learned" will apply to the new phone. If you are looking for me I of course will be over at the S3 forums (http://www.s3forums.com)

Huzrjim
06-26-2012, 07:20 AM
Just wanted to thank everyone for their help on this forum. It has been a valuable source of information over the past few months with my Droid X. Verizon's father's day deal on the Razr Maxx - $50 for me with new contract, was just too good to pass up, so I've upgraded phones. The 4G is blazing fast in my area compared to 3G, so for that reason alone I'm glad I made the switch, plus I was able to stay on my grandfathered unlimited data plan. The Maxx came with GB 2.3.6, so most of the functions were quite familiar.

tribals
06-26-2012, 07:49 AM
Made the jump myself to keep my unlimited and loving 4G and how fast the phone is. ICS real soon also when testing is done.

Ill be trying different roms now with my DX vs just MIUI & Liberty.

Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx

jwalz
06-26-2012, 07:53 AM
Congrats to the both of ya. Be sure to check out our sister site if you haven't already http://www.razrforums.com you might see some familiar names .

Sent from my Droid X using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

DirtyDroid
06-26-2012, 08:23 AM
Moved,
Congrats on the new devices peeps, and like J said, stop over to our sister site if you haven't already.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

AndroidTrainee
07-01-2012, 01:28 AM
Anyone know if the Htc Evo Design 4g is a good phone?

maybish
07-01-2012, 10:25 AM
I don't know but I was playing with a friends HTC onex and wow!! That is one fast sweet phone!!!

***Mays pink Dx!***

DirtyDroid
07-01-2012, 10:26 AM
I don't know but I was playing with a friends HTC onex and wow!! That is one fast sweet phone!!!

***Mays pink Dx!***

I was curious about that phone....at&t right?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

maybish
07-01-2012, 11:59 AM
Yep. She had an iphone and was strictly and apple girl and all of a sudden she is like whoa!!!

Sent from my DROIDX using Pink DXF

fezrock
07-01-2012, 12:54 PM
Yep. She had an iphone and was strictly and apple girl and all of a sudden she is like whoa!!!

My current favorite kernel dev, Franco, supports the One. Bring her to the dark side :)

maybish
07-01-2012, 01:50 PM
I was trying! Ill get her next time!

DroidlynnXDoes
07-01-2012, 02:35 PM
If I switch carriers i'm switching to Apple. There's nothing wrong with iOs. Actually iOs has less issues than Droids, but i love both OS's

Goose306
07-01-2012, 09:02 PM

***Mays pink Dx!***

Just wait till you get your GS3. Same exact processor, and double the RAM :-)

Sent from my secret shadow build...

Nemo aeternamn
07-01-2012, 09:20 PM
Anyone know if the Htc Evo Design 4g is a good phone?

haha... actually... i do... i have a friend who has one... he likes it... and it's a good phone and everything... but there's almost no development...

Goose306
07-01-2012, 09:40 PM
haha... actually... i do... i have a friend who has one... he likes it... and it's a good phone and everything... but there's almost no development...

What's the difference between an evo 4G and an evo design 4G?

AndroidTrainee
07-01-2012, 10:35 PM
The design has ICS, 1.2 processor, GSM, and it has a cooler design :)

AndroidTrainee
07-02-2012, 01:45 PM
Last question: In this list of androids which is the best option?
-Atrix 4g
-Design 4g
-Photon 4g

BHuber09
07-02-2012, 05:14 PM
Last question: In this list of androids which is the best option?
-Atrix 4g
-Design 4g
-Photon 4g

Atrix = Unlocked

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

AndroidTrainee
07-02-2012, 10:44 PM
What do you mean by unlocked?

fezrock
07-03-2012, 07:02 AM
Unlocked refers to the bootloader. Something the DX and Milestone X don't have. Allows cusomizability at a more fundamental level. Faster, better battery, kernels!

This gnex I'm on now is an example, and what a difference it makes :thumbup:

BHuber09
07-03-2012, 09:53 AM
Unlocked refers to the bootloader. Something the DX and Milestone X don't have. Allows cusomizability at a more fundamental level. Faster, better battery, kernels!

Yes and I believe its the only unlockable moto phone.

fezrock
07-03-2012, 10:18 AM
Yes and I believe its the only unlockable moto phone.

D1?

Nemo aeternamn
07-03-2012, 11:50 AM
What's the difference between an evo 4G and an evo design 4G?

I don't know for certain what hardware is different...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Droid X Forums

BHuber09
07-03-2012, 11:53 AM
D1?

Ummmm yeah I'm dumb its the 2nd unlockable phone haha

Thanks fez

AndroidTrainee
07-03-2012, 01:25 PM

So do you think that the ATRIX is a good choice to upgrade?

fezrock
07-03-2012, 05:16 PM
DX2trip seems to really like his. Shoot him a pm and ask him about it.

AndroidTrainee
07-14-2012, 06:40 PM
Ok so, i got my Atrix, is not a upgrade like you did guys with the Galaxy S3 but it gonna be very cool when ics come so, Bye Guys Thank you all :)

fezrock
07-14-2012, 09:52 PM
Enjoy it, and always feel free to stop by anytime :)

AndroidTrainee
07-17-2012, 07:01 PM
Thank you :)

DroidlynnXDoes
12-28-2012, 12:18 AM
Im getting the RAZR MAXX HD next year. Might get a, discount from my best friend who happens to be the manager at the Verizon store I work at. Never thought I would say that until my X decided to enter her terrible twos. I won't trade my X's in cuz I love them too much to do so. I love that sweet DX face they have. The DROID RAZR MAXX HD reminds me alot of the X, and I want something that reminds me of the X

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

DroidlynnXDoes
12-28-2012, 12:20 AM
Also I have a RAZR, but she's fake so I can't activate her, because shes one of the display phones from Verizon that they gave me. Shes safer to cuddle with than my X's

jdn1979
12-28-2012, 02:05 PM
Been using the galaxy note 2 for a couple weeks. Rooted it and put jelly beans rom on it the day I got it.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Droid X Forums

dtroup64
12-28-2012, 02:53 PM
Been using the galaxy note 2 for a couple weeks. Rooted it and put jelly beans rom on it the day I got it.

I'm lookin' at it. Between that and the S3. Seems to be some good development around them both. Was it difficult to root and unlock?

jeems
12-28-2012, 04:19 PM
I've started thinking about a new phone. I'm due an upgrade next month. Don't want to lose unlimited though. The note 2 sounds nice.

DroidX.xparent.green

dtroup64
12-28-2012, 05:03 PM
Yeah. Losing unlimited is gonna really hurt. I just don't see how I'll come up with the money for the phone I want without a new contract. Gonna have to give up my Pandora addiction while driving :)

gbrinn
12-28-2012, 06:03 PM
Yeah. Losing unlimited is gonna really hurt. I just don't see how I'll come up with the money for the phone I want without a new contract. Gonna have to give up my Pandora addiction while driving :)

Starting next year, T-Mobile will be eliminating subsidized phones. It will be full-price only. You will have the ability to pay in installments, though.

jeems
12-28-2012, 08:22 PM
Starting next year, T-Mobile will be eliminating subsidized phones. It will be full-price only. You will have the ability to pay in installments, though.

I think the next year will bring lots of changes in this regard. Verizon is obviously positioning themselves for the same thing. Hopefully phone prices come down a little as well. $700 for a phone is ridiculous.

Leach19m
12-28-2012, 08:26 PM
Stop subsidizing phones and you lose the incentive for people to renew contacts though.

jdn1979
12-28-2012, 08:31 PM
I'm lookin' at it. Between that and the S3. Seems to be some good development around them both. Was it difficult to root and unlock?

No not at all, took me about 7 minutes to root it, then another 7 mins to unlock the bootloader. I love the phone, its very fast and smooth I highly recomend it. I love the screen size, the DX seems to small now.

gbrinn
12-28-2012, 08:55 PM
Stop subsidizing phones and you lose the incentive for people to renew contacts though.

They've already done that with tiered data and Share-the-Crap-Sandwich plans.

Leach19m
12-28-2012, 08:58 PM
Lol true, but there was still some incentive for people who didn't need unlimited data. Now, nay.

jeems
12-28-2012, 08:58 PM
and once they all do it it won't matter. then it will be back to the same old who is less evil.

gbrinn
12-28-2012, 09:24 PM
In Europe, you pay for your phone outright. But, if you don't like your carrier's service, you can walk: They are mandated to use the same frequencies and technologies so that you don't get stuck. It also has the benefit of keeping phones out of landfills.

Leach19m
12-28-2012, 09:28 PM
In Europe, you pay for your phone outright. But, if you don't like your carrier's service, you can walk: They are mandated to use the same frequencies and technologies so that you don't get stuck. It also has the benefit of keeping phones out of landfills.

I could get down with that, especially with an unlocked Nexus 4 only costing $400

gbrinn
12-28-2012, 10:16 PM
I could get down with that, especially with an unlocked Nexus 4 only costing $400

This ^…

Aptiva
12-29-2012, 02:37 AM
I caved and finally retired my X for a Cricket SGS3. Loving this thing so far. X is now all angry birds for my 6 year old

Sent from my Cricket S3

DroidlynnXDoes
12-30-2012, 01:52 AM
I caved and finally retired my X for a Cricket SGS3. Loving this thing so far. X is now all angry birds for my 6 year old

Sent from my Cricket S3

The X makes a great gaming device for anyone. I play games on both my X's. I use my mothers old DX as an. X-Pod can't say ipod cuz someone might sue...Apple..cough. They threatened to take legal action against me just for having a DROIDX. They asked me what device am I calling from. But when I upgrade to my RAZR MAXX HD next year, its going to become an even badder and better hard core gaming device. I'm a hard core gamer, so gotta keep up with tech. Already have a fake RAZR which is pretty cool. At least I can get comfy with the unique RAZR design since I'm so accustomed to the X's design. It takes me a little while to get comfy with new stuff depending. This is due to my condition

Aptiva
12-30-2012, 02:31 AM
Yeah I loved the large screen on my X for videos and games, but honestly my tablet is better for both with the 10" screen. My SGS3 hasn't even been rooted but I'm waiting a month before I do to make sure the hardware in my handset going to great yet.

The games I play don't run well on the X due to needing ics for a list of things ie Madden NFL, GTA3 and Vice City, etc. My tablet is running CM10 and performs quite well but is also oc'd. As soon as they finish CM10 after my 1 month waiting period to root, I'm on it and will probably play more games on this one. ♥ the huge screen.

Sent from my Cricket S3

DroidlynnXDoes
12-30-2012, 04:24 AM
Yeah I loved the large screen on my X for videos and games, but honestly my tablet is better for both with the 10" screen. My SGS3 hasn't even been rooted but I'm waiting a month before I do to make sure the hardware in my handset going to great yet.

The games I play don't run well on the X due to needing ics for a list of things ie Madden NFL, GTA3 and Vice City, etc. My tablet is running CM10 and performs quite well but is also oc'd. As soon as they finish CM10 after my 1 month waiting period to root, I'm on it and will probably play more games on this one. ♥ the huge screen.

Sent from my Cricket S3

I totally understand, it's the same way with both my X's. Which tablet do you have? I have the Acer Iconia A500 and love it, especially since I am able to plug my X into it if I'm somewhere that I cannot plug my X into a.car or wall outlet. I'm trying to root my tablet, but can't seem to get it to root. I'm running stock non rooted ICS currently on it. Next year I'm going to get the RAZR MAXX HD so I can do some hard core gaming, have 4G LTE, and have better battery life than Mum and my brother's SIII's, no offense to anyone who owns one. I've played with the S III but don't really like it that much. I am not very fond of its Nexus like design, and although it's a good phone which Samsung makes good phones, I am a loyal Motorola DROID user. Since the DROIDX series is retired (my X is becoming an old lady), I have chosen to find comfort from DROID RAZR as well. I work in a non corporate Verizon store and several of us have Droids mostly DROID RAZR OR the S III. a few of us have, iPhones, but most of us have the DROID DOES phones, which I prefer MOTO cuz they're so much more durable than anything without a case . I hate cases because they're a pain in the u know where to me. I've had no screen protector or case on my X and it still looks like new. I just wear her around my neck on my DROID lanyard so no one can steal her and so she won't get dropped, which btw my DROID lanyard actually has the DROID logo printed on it as well as Motorola's red and white M logo on it. I think Moto's M logo looks silly to me. But the X has a silly design too which I love which is one of, the things that led me to it. I also have my mother's old X that she gave me, and that led me to get mine, and my X led my sister to get an X of, her own. Sorry for the long post, got a little carried away. Usually happens only when I chat about Droids, cuz I am a Droid

dtroup64
01-14-2013, 07:33 AM
Well, the time has come! Got my Note 2 all set up, and I'm off to the races to figure out the best ways to use the s-pen.
This community really opened my eyes to a whole new world, and I can't thank you enough! I'm over at note2forum.com where there are a bunch of former Xers... and I'll be popping in here just to read what you folks are still up to!
Thanks again for everything!

gbrinn
01-14-2013, 07:36 AM
Hey, DT. Yeah, you'll be seeing a few familiar faces over there...

BHuber09
01-14-2013, 09:32 AM
Congrats on the note2!!! Beast of a device no doubt

Tapp'd from one of my Nexus Devices

jeems
01-14-2013, 09:34 AM
Yeah congrats. Hope we see some cool BIG screens out of it still!

jwalz
01-14-2013, 09:35 AM
Congrats hope ya enjoy

Sent from my SCH-i705 using Tapatalk HD

fezrock
01-14-2013, 06:47 PM
Nice choice, enjoy! Feel free to stop by for any or no reason :)

Aptiva
01-14-2013, 07:36 PM
I totally understand, it's the same way with both my X's. Which tablet do you have? I have the Acer Iconia A500 and love it, especially since I am able to plug my X into it if I'm somewhere that I cannot plug my X into a.car or wall outlet. I'm trying to root my tablet, but can't seem to get it to root.

The A500 is almost exactly the same as my Toshiba Thrive and I believe the root method is the same as well. Funny thing is, Gameloft games are marked as incompatible with my AT105 but if I change my build.prop to match the device name and product of the A500 I can install them no problem. You may want to check out thriveforums.org and look there. There's an Acer tab forum I've run across researching the fixes for cm10 on my thrive. May have useful info for ya Lynn

Sent from my CM10.1 Cricket S3

DroidlynnXDoes
01-20-2013, 07:32 AM
Thnx. I will have to check it out when I have time. As for new devices I'm getting my RAZR HD tomorrow. Gonna have to have my friends at church say goodbye to my X, since they love X so much. Gonna miss my sweet little DX but at least I still have Xena, my other DROIDX. She was my mothers. Now ill be able to make my mother and brother jealous when it comes to battery life because they have Galaxy S III's. they love their S III's tho. I prefer Motorola tho.

fezrock
01-20-2013, 08:16 AM
Congratulations! You'll love it :)
Have you joined the Razr Forum yet?

Aptiva
01-20-2013, 05:17 PM
Thnx. I will have to check it out when I have time. As for new devices I'm getting my RAZR HD tomorrow. Gonna have to have my friends at church say goodbye to my X, since they love X so much. Gonna miss my sweet little DX but at least I still have Xena, my other DROIDX. She was my mothers. Now ill be able to make my mother and brother jealous when it comes to battery life because they have Galaxy S III's. they love their S III's tho. I prefer Motorola tho.

I get good battery life out of my s3. About 12 hours of moderate to heavy use depending on what game I play or if I'm on fb but about 24 hours of standby. Better than my X so I won't complain 1 bit. :thumbup:

I liked my X but the locked bootloader on Moto devices really was a deal breaker for me even though they can be unlocked.

Tapatalk'd from my 1.4GHz CM10 Thrive 10.1"

DroidlynnXDoes
01-22-2013, 01:37 PM
Congratulations! You'll love it :)
Have you joined the Razr Forum yet?

Yes I have. I traded X in but still have Xena (my non active DX). I got my RAZR HD yesterday at the Verizon store I work at. I got a little bit of a discount so I would be able to afford her. I fell in love with her as soon as my manager took her out of the box and put her in my hands for me to set her up. I named her Maxx. She is named after the RAZR MAXX HD which I originally planned in getting, but I chose the RAZR HD, because it cost less and I'm so happy with her. I hate to say this but Maxx is so much more beautiful and cute than the X. I still love the X but the RAZR HD has become my favorite, but don't worry I will still visit DXF and keep u guys updated about Maxx

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

DroidlynnXDoes
01-22-2013, 01:39 PM
I love that Smart Actions app. One of the reasons I choose a RAZR was because of Smart Actions. Also the battery life on the RAZR's is really good

DroidlynnXDoes
01-22-2013, 01:42 PM
Also I found that my Acer tablet is able to charge my RAZR HD despite having a high capacity battery. I take my 10 inch tablet everywhere so I can charge my DX and RAZR

DroidlynnXDoes
01-22-2013, 01:45 PM
Also I love the f feeling of the Kevlar backplate. It's an Autism tactile thing

LiveToPonder
01-22-2013, 08:50 PM
hey this is a cool thread. though im bet im like 9,000 to say it, i rock a black gs3 on vzw
stock no roots for now
Sent from m SCH-I535 using Droid X Forums

jeems
01-25-2013, 12:17 PM
It's official. Got my galaxy nexus activated. Holy 4G batman! I can't imagine using 3G now.

BHuber09
01-25-2013, 12:23 PM
It's official. Got my galaxy nexus activated. Holy 4G batman! I can't imagine using 3G now.

Congrats on the phone!!! I know you'll love it

Tapp'd from one of my Nexus Devices

DroidlynnXDoes
01-25-2013, 08:06 PM
I'm loving this RAZR HD!

gbrinn
01-26-2013, 12:01 PM
Loving this phone...

Sent from my Note2...

DroidXFanatic
01-26-2013, 12:51 PM
Loving my Note 2 as well...... Multi window, 4.1.2 camera with photo sphere, battery life, screen, etc... It's everything I could ever imagine in a phone.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using JellyBombed Tapatalk 2

gbrinn
01-26-2013, 03:39 PM
Battery life is awesome. Of course, the thing is huge, too. Regardless of all the size, the phone is light as a feather.

Sent from my Note2...

DroidlynnXDoes
01-28-2013, 07:14 PM
I am getting to know my RAZR HD more and more with each parsing day. I love how I can surf and talk at the same time. Still working on trying to root it on jelly bean

DroidlynnXDoes
07-14-2013, 08:38 PM
I'm hoping to get the OG DROID RAZR for my birthday which is in 3 months. I love the look and feel of it. I'm going to keep Maxx activated, which if I get the OG RAZR, it will be a wifi only device

Sent from Maxx, the DROID RAZR Maxx HD

Aptiva
07-14-2013, 11:23 PM
As much as I've liked previous moto phones I couldn't take the bootloader situation anymore. I bought my S3 in December but June 7th I upgraded yet again to the GS4. I love this thing. It's performance is unmatched and the full 5" 1080p screen is amazing. IR blaster, air gestures, smart scroll stay and pause... I could go on for days about my new love

Sent from my Cricket GS4

DroidlynnXDoes
07-14-2013, 11:38 PM
As much as I've liked previous moto phones I couldn't take the bootloader situation anymore. I bought my S3 in December but June 7th I upgraded yet again to the GS4. I love this thing. It's performance is unmatched and the full 5" 1080p screen is amazing. IR blaster, air gestures, smart scroll stay and pause... I could go on for days about my new love

Sent from my Cricket GS4

I'm so glad you love it I played with one at Best Buy Mobile whilst on vacation with my sister. Samsung makes great features, but my favorite series is DROID RAZR. Mum loves her S III
Sent from Maxx, the DROID RAZR Maxx HD

wrongitdoo
07-18-2013, 05:04 PM
Just scored a partially, used Droid Bionic on eBay! I'm slowly stepping up the cellar ladder since I purchased the DX.

Walkie Tapatalkie with Brand DX

gbrinn
07-18-2013, 05:35 PM
Congrats!

Sent from my Note2...

wrongitdoo
07-18-2013, 07:57 PM
Congrats!

Sent from my Note2...

Thanks gbrinn! I can't wait to experience what I've been missing after gingerbread.

gbrinn
07-18-2013, 08:40 PM
And 4g, if I'm not mistaken?

Sent from my Note2...

wrongitdoo
07-21-2013, 12:35 PM
And 4g, if I'm not mistaken?

Sent from my Note2...

Exactly! I'll be rollin' with my 4G hommies.

fezrock
07-21-2013, 03:55 PM
Thanks gbrinn! I can't wait to experience what I've been missing after gingerbread.

http://www.bionicforums.net/forum/showthread.php?p=3
;)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

wrongitdoo
07-21-2013, 09:10 PM
Welcome to the site! Please post an introduction thread. (http://www.bionicforums.net/forum/showthread.php?p=3)
;)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Kudos fezrock! You saved me the trouble of researching which forum(s) to check out/in.

DroidlynnXDoes
08-05-2013, 12:19 AM
Going to get an OG DROID RAZR off eBay to add to my collection of Droids. The OG DROID RAZR is my favourite but i mm not going to activate her since I have Maxx. Razr is going to used as a wifi device among other things. My original plan was to upgrade to the OG DROID RAZR but they didn't have it at the Verizon store that i work at. So I upgraded to Maxx instead.

DroidlynnXDoes
08-05-2013, 12:21 AM
I already have a fake OG RAZR that i do stuff you normally can't do with a real one, such as swimming, ping pong, etc.

DroidlynnXDoes
09-01-2013, 10:54 PM
Just scored a partially, used Droid Bionic on eBay! I'm slowly stepping up the cellar ladder since I purchased the DX. Walkie Tapatalkie with Brand DXI just bought a used DROID RAZR to play around with. Still going to keep my Maxx HD.

DroidlynnXDoes
09-16-2013, 10:50 PM
Razr has been home for a week. I love her enough that I activated her and I'm still keeping my Maxx HD though. I prefer my Droid Razr jnstead

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

DroidlynnXDoes
11-28-2013, 12:30 AM
Just bought another fake Razr this time in white. I love her