PDA

View Full Version : CM9 Boot-menu discussion

csk415
05-21-2012, 10:13 PM
Latest version is 1.1.5. Do we still need to do this " Currently in version 1.1.4, the Governor modules are hard coded in. This means that even the “load all modules” only actually loads the modules that are specifically included. For example, BOOSTEDassV2 was added after this edition was written. To run BOOSTEDassV2, you MUST DISABLE the load all modules option."
Or did 1.1.5 fix this.

Here is where you can get it http://goo.im/devs/wizard0f0s/Hijacked_Bootmenu/CM9

You will need to do whats quoted below. You will have to do this when you flash a update or nightly since flashing updates/nightlies removes the bootmenu. I only move video editor and rom toolbox since that gives you enough space for scripts to load.

"Yes ...I had wizard figure this out with me....what's happening is that either a bad download or more possible is that when you flashed it.... the scripts file wasn't flashed...why??? Because if you go to system/apps you'll see you don't have but 3 mb left in memory...the zip is bigger than that..so move non system important apps to data/apps... (video editor..rom toolbox ...root browser), then you will have enough room for scripts folder when flashing...it was running out of memory while flashing so scripts were left out. Nothing will work without them. You can still get into boot menu but nothing is activated without scripts.. Hope this helps

Hobart"

gummydx running latest nightly

Wizard0f0s
05-21-2012, 10:44 PM
I didn't update the governor code yet, so it's still hard coded in. The next update (unless a bug is found and I have to do a quick patch) will be a major one. I'm working on both the governor code and an auto calibration function (like quick clock's calibration).

EDIT It'll probably be a couple of weeks before I get the next version completed.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

AZDroid
05-22-2012, 12:22 AM
Heyya Wiz - Q about this portion of the bootmenu documentation. Says to set at 'disable' for boostedassV2 only, so does that mean set to 'enable' for all other governors? Thx- AzzE

---------------------------------------
+Load all modules: [Enable/Disable]

Currently in version 1.1.4, the Governor modules are hard coded in. This means that even the “load all modules” only actually loads the modules that are specifically included. For example, BOOSTEDassV2 was added after this edition was written. To run BOOSTEDassV2, you MUST DISABLE the load all modules option.

Wizard0f0s
05-22-2012, 01:28 AM
Heyya Wiz - Q about this portion of the bootmenu documentation. Says to set at 'disable' for boostedassV2 only, so does that mean set to 'enable' for all other governors? Thx- AzzE

+Load all modules: [Enable/Disable]

Currently in version 1.1.4, the Governor modules are hard coded in. This means that even the “load all modules” only actually loads the modules that are specifically included. For example, BOOSTEDassV2 was added after this edition was written. To run BOOSTEDassV2, you MUST DISABLE the load all modules option.

Sorry, poorly worded on my part. Any of the govs can be selected directly, but if you want boosted, you MUST disable the load all option. The others can be accessed either directly or by setting load all and then selecting using an app in-rom.

AZDroid
05-22-2012, 02:32 AM
Got it. I loaded all modules and now I can switch between InteractiveX and Conservative directly from within Android OC! Thx Wiz!

Btw I'm looking forward to the bootmenu update with auto calibration. Will you post the update here or is there another thread I should keep an eye on?

csk415
05-22-2012, 08:08 AM
Got it. I loaded all modules and now I can switch between InteractiveX and Conservative directly from within Android OC! Thx Wiz!

Btw I'm looking forward to the bootmenu update with auto calibration. Will you post the update here or is there another thread I should keep an eye on?

I will ask a mod to change the thread title since it sounds like it comes from wiz. I started this thread so that I would hijack his miui thread. Whenever the update hits I can add it to the op unless wiz starts his own thread. Ill add a link to his thread if it happens.

AZDroid
05-22-2012, 07:47 PM
Sounds like a plan. Wasn't sure bc I haven't seen a thread for this before, but usually the bootmenu is available to download thru his goo page so maybe that will be the case or maybe a thread will be formed as well. Either way this is a great zip and definitely deserves to be spotlighted.

DirtyDroid
05-23-2012, 11:19 PM
title change

silver04v
06-06-2012, 06:26 PM
So boostedassv2 works, you just have to disable the load all option and then choose it and save? Am I right?

csk415
06-06-2012, 06:53 PM
So boostedassv2 works, you just have to disable the load all option and then choose it and save? Am I right?

Correct.

gummydx on latest build or nightly

silver04v
06-06-2012, 11:21 PM
What is the proper way to flash the boot menu zip? I'm up and running on gummy 1.2

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

AZDroid
06-07-2012, 12:16 AM
What is the proper way to flash the boot menu zip? I'm up and running on gummy 1.2

You could flash the file from recovery just like you did to install gummy. Reboot into CWM Recovery from your power button menu, select zip from sd card, install. After that reboot and if you see a blue notification light come on during bootup then it worked. I think an earlier post went over how to get into bootmenu once you have it installed. Great update for your rom- enjoy!

silver04v
06-07-2012, 10:52 AM
I installed it on gummy but I got a message that said this when i entered it at the blue led.
Error: busybox was not created in rootfs !

Normal or is there an issue?

silver04v
06-07-2012, 09:04 PM
I installed it on gummy but I got a message that said this when i entered it at the blue led.
Error: busybox was not created in rootfs !

Normal or is there an issue?

Bump. Its not normal cause nothing works. What's my issue, anyone know what I need to do?

csk415
06-07-2012, 10:42 PM
Bump. Its not normal cause nothing works. What's my issue, anyone know what I need to do?

Does anything else that requires root access work? Here is the md5 from my download that worked: 1ea71c9eb07f19c9d46f4c74c0bec45b
Check it against yours. Even if it matches, I googled your error and It seems like you need to reflash gummy and Gapps. Something may have not installed right. Make sure the md5 match for the rom an Gapps. The reflash will remove bootmenu. Once your phone has booted up give it a few minutes to settle in and then flash boot menu and see if it works. If you want to check it out yourself Google the error and see what comes up.

silver04v
06-07-2012, 10:51 PM
Yea. Everything I have matches md5s properly. Not sure what happened. I had a boot menu folder in sd card from miui. Wonder if that had anything to do with it. All my root apps work. Can I reflash the rom with no data wipes?

csk415
06-07-2012, 11:04 PM
Yea. Everything I have matches md5s properly. Not sure what happened. I had a boot menu folder in sd card from miui. Wonder if that had anything to do with it. All my root apps work. Can I reflash the rom with no data wipes?

Don't think the Miui folder would matter. You could move it to your PC if you think it is. No data wipes needed. Just reflash with cache wipes. Make sure to flash Gapps also. I did see in the aokp thread on rootz that someone else had a issue. I'll flash it in the morning and see what I get. But if your on the goo 1.2 download it should work just fine.

Wizard0f0s
06-08-2012, 08:33 AM
Hey guys, sorry. Silver, I got your PM, but I'm gonna respond here (so anyone else that gets the same error may be able to Google and find this too). :-)

Ok, the error you're getting on busybox is one I've seen before. Usually it is a permissions error on the bootmenu scripts. Check the permissions on /system/bootmenu/script/pre_bootmenu.sh. If you aren't familiar with checking permissions, the easiest way is with Root Explorer. Just browse to /system/bootmenu/script and look at the listing's. For each file, you will see things like rwxr-xr-x. Here's what it should look like (below). What does yours show?

csk415
06-08-2012, 09:43 AM
I get the same error. It worked on 5-22 nightly. Maybe the hwa stuff has something to do with it. Hwa wasn't on 5-22 it started 5-25.
Here's what I get in root explorer. Open it and .bootmenu is first thing.

In /system/bootmenu I don't have a script folder.

Someone on aokp reported same issue. I wonder if cm9 has it also?

Wizard0f0s
06-08-2012, 09:55 AM
Yeah, not having the script folder will completely break everything bootmenu does. Your second screenshot shows why too. You're completely out of space on /system. I bet the ICS roms are so close on space that it won't install the full flash.

Other than removing things from your /system/apps folder, I'm not sure what to tell you. If it's a Boot Manager slot you can resize the system partition, but I'm not sure how to do that on the physicial partitions (or if it can be done).

If you're familiar with adb or willing to run some commands from the terminal, we can run through seeing if there's maybe a rogue file taking up space. Usually all that stuff is over on /data though.

csk415
06-08-2012, 09:58 AM
Yeah, not having the script folder will completely break everything bootmenu does. Your second screenshot shows why too. You're completely out of space on /system. I bet the ICS roms are so close on space that it won't install the full flash.

Other than removing things from your /system/apps folder, I'm not sure what to tell you. If it's a Boot Manager slot you can resize the system partition, but I'm not sure how to do that on the physicial partitions (or if it can be done).

If you're familiar with adb or willing to run some commands from the terminal, we can run through seeing if there's maybe a rogue file taking up space. Usually all that stuff is over on /data though.

Now that you bring it up I think there are some apps that need to be deleted to make it work. Now I just need to figure out what they were. Time to search some threads and find it. Think it was video editor and something else.

csk415
06-08-2012, 10:23 AM
Bam. Here it is. Found it on rootz. Scripts now show in /system/bootmenu. Error is now gone from bootmenu.

Yes ...I had wizard figure this out with me....what's happening is that either a bad download or more possible is that when you flashed it.... the scripts file wasn't flashed...why??? Because if you go to system/apps you'll see you don't have but 3 mb left in memory...the zip is bigger than that..so move non system important apps to data/apps... (video editor..rom toolbox ...root browser), then you will have enough room for scripts folder when flashing...it was running out of memory while flashing so scripts were left out. Nothing will work without them. You can still get into boot menu but nothing is activated without scripts.. Hope this helps

Hobart

silver04v
06-08-2012, 02:55 PM
I'll reflash this once I get home. I moved the apps you listed over. Should I reflash this rom and gapps or will I b ok just reflashing boot menu?

csk415
06-08-2012, 03:14 PM
I'll reflash this once I get home. I moved the apps you listed over. Should I reflash this rom and gapps or will I b ok just reflashing boot menu?

Just reflash bootmenu, no wipes required. I did notice that boostedass was already set when I went into bootmenu.

silver04v
06-08-2012, 08:29 PM
Yup, working as designed now!
Able to us boosted ass, which is selected as default.
Also able to oc and under volt.

Thanks for all the help. This fix works. Easy enough.

csk415
06-08-2012, 08:40 PM
Yup, working as designed now!
Able to us boosted ass, which is selected as default.
Also able to oc and under volt.

Thanks for all the help. This fix works. Easy enough.

Sweet.

Aptiva
08-14-2012, 12:14 AM
Since goo had a lot of data wiped, I have this in my dropbox if it's ok with Wiz to post a link for it. This isn't modified and is 1.1.5.

(sorry for kicking an old thread)

notbrodie
08-15-2012, 12:38 AM
could i get that link from you? i'm trying to install cm9, but the bootmenu from liquid remix is totally fubar'ing my cpu clocking

Wizard0f0s
08-21-2012, 07:51 AM
Since goo had a lot of data wiped, I have this in my dropbox if it's ok with Wiz to post a link for it. This isn't modified and is 1.1.5.

(sorry for kicking an old thread)

Yep, I'm always cool with anybody reposting something of mine. Sorry I haven't been around for a while. If goo actually still has my account, I'll start getting my stuff reposted on there as well.

bos
08-22-2012, 11:41 PM
I've been using HijackedBootmenu_CM9_1.1.5.zip for a while on the DroidX CM9 builds from Rootz and I swear I used to be able to successfully boot to CWR from the hijacked boot menu. Now, I can boot to CWR from CM9 or I can boot into the hijacked boot menu, but I cannot boot to CWR from the hijacked boot menu. If I try to, then something breaks and I can no longer boot into CWR from anywhere until I reflash it from ROM Manager. Does anyone have suggestions as to what might be wrong?

Currently on the 8/19 CM9 build from Rootz and I formatted system (30+Mb free so that shouldn't be a problem), wiped cache, dalvik, factory reset when I installed it because I had noticed the same problem on the 8/9 build and was hoping to clean it up with a full wipe.

A while back I completely borked up a CWR update from v2.something to v5.0.2.0 because preinstall was full. Ended up bootlooping and sbf twice before I could convince .340 stock recovery to execute a factory reset and boot. Can anyone think of something I might have corrupted in that process that would cause what I'm seeing? I've flashed multiple ROMs and reflashed CWR and hijacked boot menu multiple times since then, with no apparent problems except that I can't get to CWR from boot menu.

Thx for any suggestions

Aptiva
08-23-2012, 02:46 AM
I had that issue a while back. I had to format preinstall, system, factory reset, then use rsd lite to sbf. I tried a few fixes I found here and none worked. My experience isn't typical tho.

Try going into hbm, select fixes, then do the recovery fix.

bos
08-23-2012, 10:11 AM
Thanks- deleting everything out of preinstall and reflashing cwr, cm9 and hijacked boot menu seems to have fixed it. Some of the preinstall files were filesize 0 and weren't being overwritten. Deleting them fixed it.

spideyx24
10-15-2012, 04:57 AM
I'm lost on how to install this and whatever people keep talking about. Can someone explain how to do this to me please?

Aptiva
10-16-2012, 01:13 AM
Reboot into Clockwork Mod after downloading this to your SD card, choose install zip from SD card, then choose zip from sdcard, and navigate to the location you downloaded it to and select it. CWM will install it for you. Reboot your phone and if everything went ok, your notification led will light up blue. If you push volume down while the light is on, you have a variety of options to manage your phone including booting into cwm, overclocking, and more.

Sent from my 1.4GHz CM10 Thrive

spideyx24
10-18-2012, 10:30 PM
Thank you. But I should have specified what I was talking about. I mean this whole hijacked boot menu.

Wizard0f0s
10-19-2012, 09:32 AM
Thank you. But I should have specified what I was talking about. I mean this whole hijacked boot menu.

I'm not sure what exactly you're asking, so I'll try to answer a couple of possibilities.

First, you can get some documentation on it here - http://goo.im/devs/wizard0f0s/Hijacked_Bootmenu/HijackedBootmenu_How-to-use_Documentation.html and download it from here http://goo.im/devs/wizard0f0s/Hijacked_Bootmenu/, just select the right version for whichever rom you are running (this will be changing soon as I'll implement aroma foe the installer and package all the versions into a single zip).

If you're asking what hijacked bootmenu actually is then I hope this helps:

HBM (Hijacked BootMenu) is a merge between hijack (part of the 2nd-Init process used to hijack the boot process and allow us to use our own Init.rc scripts) and bootmenu (originally written and still maintained by the CM Defy group). The purpose of combining them was to setup a menu system as early in the boot process as possible that would allow you to access recovery, set your overclocking and undervolting, and apply desired fixes prior to the phone fully booting. HBM actually kicks in prior to your boot animation starting and runs prior to adb being enabled (you can enable adb from HBM as well). Hijack by itself worked perfectly for us prior to my changes, but bootmenu didn't integrate well out of the box (/system would hang when going to recovery and wouldn't wipe, cpu settings weren't right for our phone, etc).

Just on a side note, I'm currently working on the next version which will allow you to select which governors you want to install (allowing for a little less space taken on /system), will have the aroma installer, and HBM will be touch enabled.

spideyx24
10-20-2012, 02:09 AM
okay that clears things up. Thank you :)